Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like The Rock, but his segment tonight was kind of annoying. They must be paying him well, because unless I'm reading him wrong, he doesn't seem like he wants to be doing all this. He's just recycling the same old material and doesn't show any effort to freshen his act up. I just don't see the same energy level from him that he once showed. Then again, maybe I'm just expecting too much from him. I'm sure it's not easy to live up to the expectations people have for him.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stone Cold on RAW next week!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch Raw last night, but I just watched the Rock promo and I thought it was good.

I'm not really sure what they're building up for, though. I highly doubt Rock ever gets back in the ring.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I didn't watch Raw last night, but I just watched the Rock promo and I thought it was good.

I'm not really sure what they're building up for, though. I highly doubt Rock ever gets back in the ring.
I thought that promo last night was really good, but the problem I had with it is that everything he is saying is the opposite of everything hes doing. He isn't getting back in the ring I dont think. Its a bit frustrating that he is just showing us all how awesome he is, but teasing us all because he isn't gonna really be back in any capacity.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best guess is that Rock will do something at Wrestlemainia like Rock Bottom The Miz and help Cena, but leave open the possibility of a later return, if he decides he wants another WWE payday. Sometimes 'Faces' have feuds in which they 'hate' each other, but also have a common cause that sort of binds them. Notice that Miz is talking trash to Rock.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel as though Rock's promo felt like he was trying not to make Cena look too bad. He dissed him, but not as bad as when he first showed up. Now it's like he is going to slow down a bit to protect WWE's biggest cash cow to some extent. Honestly, Cena has been booked as this super Hulk type guy for so long that he needs to be pushed hard by somebody. Last week he had his best promo in a while, but then this week it's back to the same boring and corny nonsense that put my ass to sleep. Doctor's note? Seriously? What the hell is that?

Meanwhile Daniel Bryan gets buried again by a guy who hasn't been booked strong enough since winning the belt in Miz. Not only is he getting underused, but Miz hasn't looked like a good champ at all. He's a great talent and I love him, but he needs to win something clean instead of almost losing to Jerry "The King" Lawler of all people. Then there is Sheamus. I forgot he existed until he got tossed aside by HHH last night. What is it with WWE and booking new champs horribly? First you have Sheamus come out and look strong, then you have Cena tear down all his accomplishments and then after losing the belt you have him in stupid storylines where he loses his momentum messing around with comedy characters. Then you have Jack Swagger who started strong in ECW, looked like a nice prospect, then he's losing to freaking Santino of all people and looking like an idiot. He wins the belt and they try for two days to make him look like Kurt Angle 2.0, they give that up, and now he's back to a comedy character who is pretty much irrelevant. Now Miz has a great build to the title, finally wins it, but hasn't looked like a legit champ since. Once he loses at Wrestlemania he'll probably get Rock Bottom'd and AA'd by Cena, and he'll then probably get buried and underused.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sorta felt that, I guess. The Rock doesn't dress up to make fun of people. Hes The Rock. 2 weeks ago it felt like he came back to his show to teach some kids a lesson. This week, with that segment, felt like he was nipping at Cenas ankles trying to get under his skin. The Rock don't play dat.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who are the dudes in Brodeur's sig?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
who are the dudes in Brodeur's sig?
The New Nexus. CM Punk, Mason Ryan, David Otunga, Michael Mcgillicutty, and Husky Harris.

Husky and Mcillicutty are now out of The New Nexus though.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The New Nexus. CM Punk, Mason Ryan, David Otunga, Michael Mcgillicutty, and Husky Harris.

Husky and Mcillicutty are now out of The New Nexus though.
Is it because they lost to Dandy Forton?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I feel as though Rock's promo felt like he was trying not to make Cena look too bad. He dissed him, but not as bad as when he first showed up. Now it's like he is going to slow down a bit to protect WWE's biggest cash cow to some extent. Honestly, Cena has been booked as this super Hulk type guy for so long that he needs to be pushed hard by somebody. Last week he had his best promo in a while, but then this week it's back to the same boring and corny nonsense that put my ass to sleep. Doctor's note? Seriously? What the hell is that?

Meanwhile Daniel Bryan gets buried again by a guy who hasn't been booked strong enough since winning the belt in Miz. Not only is he getting underused, but Miz hasn't looked like a good champ at all. He's a great talent and I love him, but he needs to win something clean instead of almost losing to Jerry "The King" Lawler of all people. Then there is Sheamus. I forgot he existed until he got tossed aside by HHH last night. What is it with WWE and booking new champs horribly? First you have Sheamus come out and look strong, then you have Cena tear down all his accomplishments and then after losing the belt you have him in stupid storylines where he loses his momentum messing around with comedy characters. Then you have Jack Swagger who started strong in ECW, looked like a nice prospect, then he's losing to freaking Santino of all people and looking like an idiot. He wins the belt and they try for two days to make him look like Kurt Angle 2.0, they give that up, and now he's back to a comedy character who is pretty much irrelevant. Now Miz has a great build to the title, finally wins it, but hasn't looked like a legit champ since. Once he loses at Wrestlemania he'll probably get Rock Bottom'd and AA'd by Cena, and he'll then probably get buried and underused.
I agree with you pretty much 100% except I think that Jack Swagger sucks at life. As for Sheamus and the Miz, I think they are two of the best guys in the company. Both are good enough wrestlers and strong on the mic with the Miz being clearly better on the mic. I don't get why they didn't legitimize Miz as a champ more because if he loses to Cena then it isn't a big victory in the slightest. With Sheamus, I just think that they just don't view him as a priority right now with all the bigger storylines with Miz, Cena, Undertaker, HHH, The Rock, Cm Punk, Orton etc. I think that after things quiet down following Wrestlemania, Sheamus will get some kind of decent storyline.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Is it because they lost to Dandy Forton?
They got punted in the skull.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
They got punted in the skull.
I love how Orton always messes up the punts and they end up looking just terrible. I've seen clips of him screaming at other guys in the ring for making mistakes and he is a huge offender himself.

One other thing I never liked is that getting punted in the skull is the thing that will put someone out for a long time. Based on the other things that happen to guys in a fight in the WWE, it just seems like they should come up with a more brutal seeming move to give guys breaks.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a TNA write I would have written Sting's return differently.first would not have had him win the belt right off the bat.having Hardy go over Sting clean would be a major thing to further establish Hardy as a champion.I'd have written Sting's return as part of the court verdict segment(which IM should have been the last segment of the night IMO)

When Fortune came out AJ should have told Ric, Eric and Hogan they've been in contact with someone who hates Immortal as much as they do and at the end of the night they will find out who this person is.and throughout Impact have Immortal members get laid out.End of Impact just Hogan Bischoff and Flair remain and Hogan demands to know who this person is.Fortune comes out carrying baseball bats then lights go out and when they come back on Bischoff and Flair are out and Impact ends with a Sting/Hogan staredown
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I turned it on TNA briefly last night, and I just don't get this whole Fortune vs. Immortal thing. Weren't they on the same side a month ago? I know teams can have a heel or face turn and break away from the faction they are in, but it seems that they really just keep turning people every month for shock value.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I turned it on TNA briefly last night, and I just don't get this whole Fortune vs. Immortal thing. Weren't they on the same side a month ago? I know teams can have a heel or face turn and break away from the faction they are in, but it seems that they really just keep turning people every month for shock value.
Wait, so you mean in a company where Kevin Nash turned on Scott Hall and Sean Waltman so he could team with Eric Young....... so he could turn on Eric Young one week later to team with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman...... so Eric Young could turn on Team 3D to join Nash Hall and Waltman three months later........ are you saying these turns are absolutely pointless?

Really?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Wait, so you mean in a company where Kevin Nash turned on Scott Hall and Sean Waltman so he could team with Eric Young....... so he could turn on Eric Young one week later to team with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman...... so Eric Young could turn on Team 3D to join Nash Hall and Waltman three months later........ are you saying these turns are absolutely pointless?

Really?
Ya Crickett I think that is what he is saying.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** YEAH BLACK REF. He is amazing.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Really?
Hahahaha. Exactly!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

anyone see how SD ended?I am prayin it's a precurser to a reunion of these guys.....

probably not but one can dream

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 03-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick Six: Pro football players to pro wrestlers
Old 03-07-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBL is back? Meh.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBL is ******* awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love Stone Cold.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I loved it when some guy yelled out at Cena, "YOU BROUGHT PROPS!!!" when he said he bought The Rock's shirt.