Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Vince would have sold it.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who you guys got winning the RR?I'm down between Orton and Jericho with edge to Y2J
Old 01-28-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
so who you guys got winning the RR?I'm down between Orton and Jericho with edge to Y2J
I am picking and hoping for Jericho. I don't care how much time he wastes with his narcissistic silence, he is the man. Really the last guy from the attitude era that is hanging on and still capable of going regularly at least for the next 6 months to a year .
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so who you guys got winning the RR?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so who you guys got winning the RR?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would just stop watching wrestling.

Also

I can not wait for the 31st to download this guy on WWE 12.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole thing about the Rumble being open to "every WWE Superstar" throws me off.. they usually don't point that out. It makes me think Cole or Laurinaitis might play a significant role in the match.

Maybe one of those two will win, and we'll get either Punk/Laurinaitis or Bryan/Cole at Wrestlemania for their respective titles!

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double Post. Here's Bastion Booger.

Last edited by WMD : 01-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more I think about it the more I think it'll be....

Now Somebody Call My Momma :P
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing a sweet RR pool with 5 of my friends. We are all chipping in 20 bucks and each drawing 6 "RR entry numbers" from a hat with the winner taking all. Adds a little bit of spice to the event. I hope I don't get Santino....
Old 01-29-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on Jericho winning it and facing Punk at mania, if not him then Orton wins to face Bryan. I think the whole "open to any superstar" may mean Punk or Bryan is in it and wins leading to a title unification match at Mania. With this new RAW SuperShow thing they brand split is pretty much gone so why not unify the title?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The King being an ass in an interview.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Sheamus wins the Royal Rumble...Surprising but I like it
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehhh who is he going to fight at WM?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously D Bry...seeing as how he's the only real top face(other than Orton) on Smackdown. With D bry established as a heel champ and him already retaining vs Show, there is slim pickings on SD's roster as far as faces go. With Orton already still feuding with Barrett, that leaves Sheamus as the next best face to challenge D bry

kind of a weak Rumble, IMO. Punk vs Jericho is still probably going to happen at WM...all signs point to that, but I did think he was going to win the rumble
Old 01-29-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this real life? What the hell Vince? Why? If you wanna have the winner face Bryan have Orton win! The two of them would have put on a clinic. Ugh so dissapointed. Y2J was right, end of the world as we know it.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, I look forward to the rumble every year....but damn that one sucked.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

orton winning would have been even worse. I'm actually fine with Sheamus winning, as winning the rumble is supposed to elevate new stars and he's never won before

highlights of the rumble were ricardo rodriguez, road dogg, kofi's spot and the WWE title match

that was really it. Glad I didn't pay for this PPV

Brodus Clay vs Drew Mcintyre was a match that had NO business being on a PPV. Just what the hell? I'm down with the Funkasaurus but that was a match for WWE Superstars for crying out loud

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumble was not great. 2 things though:

1. Kofi's spot was ******* awesome
2. Betting on the Rumble is the greatest thing ever. I can't recommend it enough.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sheamus, but meh. I wanted Y2J to win it.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

guessing Y2J wins at EC to face Punk at WM.I'm actually glad Sheamus won.Sheamus has been stuck in crappy storylines with guys like Jindar Mahal for too long.Plus people complain WWE's too predictable (MYSELF INCLUDED)....how many of you thought of SHeamus as an actual possibility to win the RR?I'm guessing few if any.I am very interested to see where Sheamus goes from here and who he actually faces (I kinda have a feeling it'll be Sheamus vs Barret not Bryan for the WHC)
Old 01-30-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guessing Y2J wins at EC to face Punk at WM.I'm actually glad Sheamus won.Sheamus has been stuck in crappy storylines with guys like Jindar Mahal for too long.Plus people complain WWE's too predictable (MYSELF INCLUDED)....how many of you thought of SHeamus as an actual possibility to win the RR?I'm guessing few if any.I am very interested to see where Sheamus goes from here and who he actually faces (I kinda have a feeling it'll be Sheamus vs Barret not Bryan for the WHC)
He was my third favorite to win the Rumble, and I absolutely expected him to win a month ago before they pushed him to the side. It's not that unpredictable. I wasn't a big fan of the Rumble last night for a few reasons...

-More making Drew look like total garbage for no reason
-More of Ryder looking like a pissant (unless he ends up beating Kane later)
-Cena/Kane still continuing
-A much weaker Ziggler/Punk match than what they are capable of (and what they did on Raw in November), which really made Ziggler look like an ass
-Not having Goldust in the Rumble to eliminate Cody and set up Cody/Goldust at Mania
-No Regal
-Big Show eliminating the two Iron Men of the Rumble at the same time with ease

I am bored as all hell with Sheamus because of his godawful booking the last few months, but I hope they take him somewhere with this storyline. Also, more Ricardo please. Lots and lots more Ricardo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Well I think that was the first step in Punk vs Jericho for Mania. I think he will win at EC as well leading to their title match, although I wouldn't be shocked or upset if they made it a Triple Threat with Ziggler involved too.

Also, the more I think about it the less upset I am about Sheamus. Like you guys said, it was a pleasant surprise. It gets one of the top faces back in the title picture. Also, setting up Punk vs Jericho without Jericho winning RR is a hell of a lot easier than setting up Bryan vs anyone. Bryan was stuck in a dead end story line vs two giants. Setting him up vs Sheamus is great. Sheamus is the top face on SD! aside from Orton, but at least Orton can face Barrett at Mania while Sheamus had nothing going for him aside from Mahal.

Also, the best thing about this Rock vs Cena match at Mania is Cena has been out of the title picture for a while now and a lot of these younger guys are shining through as it also opened up room for Jericho after his return.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

ughhhhh WHY do we have to always get a screw job finish when great matches like Punk vs Bryan are going on?It's by biggest gripe with the creative teams in both companys
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I like face Truth or heel Truth more.