Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Well, I was going off of the Snuka mention, since most/all of his bigger moments came before 85
Jimmy Snuka is a lot like Che Gueverra. Everyone wears his shirt, but very few know who he actually was.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as my favorite 80's wrestlers...

Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Sting, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Curt Hennig, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, and the most underrated of all, the great Nick Bockwinkel. **** I love me some Bockwinkel.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 03-03-2012 at 08:08 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Jimmy Snuka is a lot like Che Gueverra. Everyone wears his shirt, but very few know who he actually was.
An overrated Samoan who killed his girlfriend. And no mentions of Barry Windham or Tully Blanchard? FOR SHAME, BOTH OF YOU.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't get behind blatant rednecks. It's why I never really liked the NWA.

Also, I hate Roddy Piper. He was cool for about 2 months in the 80s, but most of his promos are incoherent and now he looks like an old lady. As a person he seems like a good dude, however.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even Austin? Austin from King of the Ring 96-Summerslam 97 and from Royal Rumble 2001-Survivor Series 2001= pure wrestling sex.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to hate Razor Ramon. I still do, but I used to also.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not even Austin? Austin from King of the Ring 96-Summerslam 97 and from Royal Rumble 2001-Survivor Series 2001= pure wrestling sex.
No, Austin from 96-99 is incredible stuff. I've always really liked Arn Anderson too. There are exceptions.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Phone call I just received from my wife:

-Wife: "Do you know who the Big Show is?"
-Me: "Umm....yeah."
-Wife: "He was sitting next to me on the airplane. He's really big so I asked him if he played sports. He was nice."

....women.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Phone call I just received from my wife:

-Wife: "Do you know who the Big Show is?"
-Me: "Umm....yeah."
-Wife: "He was sitting next to me on the airplane. He's really big so I asked him if he played sports. He was nice."

....women.
Did you not tell your wife to yell at him for hurting Wade Barrett?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Apparently Goldberg was also on the plane but she had no idea who he was either.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of the Big Show, I'm furious Rhodes has to fight him at Wrestlemania.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, I was really hoping for Cody/Goldust at Mania. Dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I have good news. One of my friend's friends won 4 tix to Wrestlemania. This guy was planning on going with 3 of his other friends, but they all just bailed. Long story short, I'm probably going to Wrestlemania as long as my I can get together some cash to cover the flight/hotel and my friend who actually knows the ticket guy can get off work.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, I have good news. One of my friend's friends won 4 tix to Wrestlemania. This guy was planning on going with 3 of his other friends, but they all just bailed. Long story short, I'm probably going to Wrestlemania as long as my I can get together some cash to cover the flight/hotel and my friend who actually knows the ticket guy can get off work.
Mania is so fun. I really enjoyed it when it came to Phoenix. I hope it comes to Pittsburgh in the near future.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too. I wish Cody was fighting someone he could have a classic with to bring back some prestige the IC title. Now would be a perfect time for him to come out and interrupt The Rock or Cena, talk about how the IC title steals the show at Wrestlemania, have an opponent somewhat over and good in the ring like Kofi come out and challenge him, then they really do steal the show at Wrestlemania to bring the IC title back to glory again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Me too. I wish Cody was fighting someone he could have a classic with to bring back some prestige the IC title. Now would be a perfect time for him to come out and interrupt The Rock or Cena, talk about how the IC title steals the show at Wrestlemania, have an opponent somewhat over and good in the ring like Kofi come out and challenge him, then they really do steal the show at Wrestlemania to bring the IC title back to glory again.
This is why Goldust would be perfect. Dustin can bring it when he gets time, and the brother/brother feud would make sense (especially considering the Booker feud) and there is a ton of history. This Show/Cody thing is so thrown together and dumb, plus it's just leading to Show beating yet another up and comer. Goldust/Cody should have ******* happened, goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 interesting reads:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-life-stadium

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...lilian-garcia/

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast the IC title has some meaning unlike the US title. I mean a guy that wins once every three months is the US champ.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
An overrated Samoan who killed his girlfriend. And no mentions of Barry Windham or Tully Blanchard? FOR SHAME, BOTH OF YOU.
Well, I was 7-10 when I was watching Snuka in AWA. I didn't consider "talent" or "over-ratedness" when I was a little kid. As for the incident with his girlfriend, HORRIBLE, but to be honest, I had ZERO knowledge of the incident until long after he'd retired. But to judge a wrestler by the quality of person they are would leave you with a very small pool to choose from.

I always enjoyed the Road Warrior, Freebirds, Horsemen, Magnum TA, Nikita Koloff, Rock N Roll Express, etc, etc.

I remember being really little, reading Pro Wrestling Illustrated, and being scared to death of Abdullah the Butcher and Lord Humongus.

I wish I had 80's era AWA and NWA on DVD.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HBK is the special ref for the HIC match yay!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shocking to hear that, but I wonder who he sides with.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Shocking to hear that, but I wonder who he sides with.
Taker wins then retires. He's pushing it from last year I bet that was his only submission win of his career you could tell HHH told him to do it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Taker wins then retires. He's pushing it from last year I bet that was his only submission win of his career you could tell HHH told him to do it.
No Taker has had more then 1 submission win in his career.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santino is so amazing. They could do so many good things with him.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Santino makes me laugh so hard.