Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope this situation with C.M. Punk changes, but it probably won't.

On a lighter note, Bad News Barrett and his gavel are being used sort of the same way as Zema Ion and his DJ gimmick are -- to get under people's skin to draw heel heat.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't deserve the main event of WM for this year but he should have been in it last year. This was D-bry's year

honestly, he needs to recharge. Take a good year off. He seemed to be going through the motions the last few months and kind of phoned it in. I hope this doesn't signal the end of him in WWE for good. That would suck
Old 01-29-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I really hope this situation with C.M. Punk changes, but it probably won't.

On a lighter note, Bad News Barrett and his gavel are being used sort of the same way as Zema Ion and his DJ gimmick are -- to get under people's skin to draw heel heat.
Except everyone loves the Barrett schtick.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

next monday, CM Punk's music hits, Barrett comes out instead

"For those of you wanting to see CM Punk, I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS..."
Old 01-29-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
next monday, CM Punk's music hits, Barrett comes out instead

"For those of you wanting to see CM Punk, I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS..."
That would be pretty funny. He would get booed even louder than Vicki Guerrero.

Speaking of Vicki, is there any particular reason why there are general managers? HHH and Stephanie are the thing now, which leaves pretty much nothing for VG and Brad Maddox. It's too bad. I've always liked Vicki, and Maddox has some good heel potential if given the chance.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
That would be pretty funny. He would get booed even louder than Vicki Guerrero.

Speaking of Vicki, is there any particular reason why there are general managers? HHH and Stephanie are the thing now, which leaves pretty much nothing for VG and Brad Maddox. It's too bad. I've always liked Vicki, and Maddox has some good heel potential if given the chance.
Ideally, they are lieutenants and stooges. Taking orders from above, and botching their assigned tasks. Remember back in the Attitude Era when Mr. McMahon utilized the likes of Gerald Brisco, Pat Patterson, and even Sgt. Slaughter among others as his pawns?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vicki generates massive heat. For whatever reason that never really translated to anyone else they tried to put it on, but she's still worth a lot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll I can say is thank God for DVR's... I can't believe how much of Raw I end up fast forwarding and more.

I used to watch Sunday Night Heat religiously for crying out loud. That is how much I used to love WWE.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get back to someone who didn't abandon us

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DVR certainly helps, but I think the WWE product is the best its been in over a decade.

I count 8 guys that have debuted within the last two years who I really enjoy.

-Big E Langston
-Seth Rollins
-Roman Reigns
-Antonio Cesaro
-The Wyatts (not counting Husky Harris)
-Damien Sandow
-Ryback (not counting Skip Sheffield)
-Titus O'Neil (not counting NXT)

And that's not even including the return of Lesnar or Dean Ambrose (who I personally don't like). The WWE is in such better shape than it was even three years ago when The ******* Miz was in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw in AJ Lee as well. She was money for a long while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is not the lack of talent. The WWE is overflowing with talented guys and girls at all levels...it's just that they are atrocious at utilizing them for the most part. Look at Drew McIntyre for an example of that. He oozes charisma, he's 6'6 250 pounds, he's great in the ring, he's young (28) and he can grab the Scottish crowd ala Sheamus with the Irish, yet he's stuck doing nothing in a comedy jobber act because his wife beat him up once.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The point is not the lack of talent. The WWE is overflowing with talented guys and girls at all levels...it's just that they are atrocious at utilizing them for the most part. Look at Drew McIntyre for an example of that. He oozes charisma, he's 6'6 250 pounds, he's great in the ring, he's young (28) and he can grab the Scottish crowd ala Sheamus with the Irish, yet he's stuck doing nothing in a comedy jobber act because his wife beat him up once.
He's also not a member of a wrestling family, which is key to get a push in WWE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You should write them a letter.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day, someone will give Drew McIntyre a chance. And on that day, he will obliterate you...maggle.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Drew McIntyre was already given a chance. Nobody cared.

But he did have a ******* sweet intro.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really don't give a **** about McIntyre. Slater is much more awesome.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, talent isn't the issue. It's probably why I'm frustrated with the product. They aren't utilizing their talent well enough and just keep being lazy with things relying on the same guys they've relied on for over the last decade or bringing in part time guys back for a few little runs

They've done a good job with Shield, but I'll be interested in seeing what they do once they inevitably break up. Looks like Reigns is the one who will be getting the big push shortly
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

They've done a phenomenal job with the Shield.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
They've done a phenomenal job with the Shield.
They have. Booking them forcefully early was huge. To be fair, you can't really go wrong with them. Their matches are so consistently fantastic. It was easier to succeed than fail with the Shield.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Drew McIntyre was already given a chance. Nobody cared.

But he did have a ******* sweet intro.
No they didn't. They gave a 23 year old Drew McIntyre a storyline that absolutely zapped his charisma away and took off all of his character. He was starting to get over on Smackdown in 2011 and had that fuckwin performance in the Elimination Chamber, but they threw his storyline at Edge and did nothing with his Elimination Chamber momentum.

Drew McIntyre > Roman Reigns. Eat it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Corey you are a silly boy.

But actually I kinda liked McIntyre back in the day.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Reigns is fantastic. His look is beyond perfect and he has gotten so solid in the ring. His mic work is still crap, but whatever.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I like Reigns, but it might be a challenge for him to separate from two of the best workers in the company. Ambrose and Rollins do a majority of the work in the tag matches for a reason.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Nobody gives a **** about workrate