Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
maybe I am the only one who feels this way I don't know. But IMO we should not have heard from Cole, Lawler or JBL at all during the Undertaker/Brock segment. IMO let the moment itself do the talking hearing from those guys felt unecessary
I feel like that about most of Raw. I have always hated a 3 man announce team. It always ends up sounding like an argument.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I feel like that about most of Raw. I have always hated a 3 man announce team. It always ends up sounding like an argument.
IMO Lawler needs to retire. I like Cole and JBL. Lawler has become useless IMO and I use to be qa fan of the King's
Old 02-25-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawler is useless, Cole is awful, and JBL needs to quit trying to "heel it up" all the damn time.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe I am the only one who feels this way I don't know. But IMO we should not have heard from Cole, Lawler or JBL at all during the Undertaker/Brock segment. IMO let the moment itself do the talking hearing from those guys felt unecessary
I agree -- especially considering that an appearance by Undertaker is supposed to be a supernatural being arising from the grave. Silence sells that idea more and makes it seem more eerie.

Quote:
JBL needs to quit trying to "heel it up" all the damn time.
Also true. Taz was the propoganda guy for the Aces-n-Eights (like JBL is for the Authority), but Taz let up once in a while and just talked about the wrestlers and the action. JBL is basically about 1) defending heels, 2) insulting Michael Cole, and 3) saying how much he loves a good fight.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole only cares about what is treading on Twitter.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole does what he's told. He can announce, but that's not his job. He's a pitchman for a product, not a play-by-play man for an actual sport.

In that sense, JR is a dinosaur for modern wrestling.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole was great at the end of EC.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:51 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Cole only cares about what is treading on Twitter.
If Raw and Smackdown are pre-taped, how do they know what's trending on twitter? Is it guess work?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
If Raw and Smackdown are pre-taped, how do they know what's trending on twitter? Is it guess work?
Raw is live. I haven't watched SD in forever so I'm not sure if they even mention it.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The intention is to make them trend on twitter by saying they are trending on twitter.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They record Smackdown commentary live.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait WWE didn't have a tribute for Viscera/Big Daddy V on Raw?!?!?! That is horrible
Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wait WWE didn't have a tribute for Viscera/Big Daddy V on Raw?!?!?! That is horrible
I thought I saw one on smackdown
Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 02-25-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

YES!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

YES!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Won't bother spoiling this because who cares: Batista went full heel on Smackdown. So basically, they have a heel/heel title match...at WrestleMania. Either Bryan (and ONLY Bryan) gets added to this match, or the WWE has screwed up just to be dickheads.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Won't bother spoiling this because who cares: Batista went full heel on Smackdown. So basically, they have a heel/heel title match...at WrestleMania. Either Bryan (and ONLY Bryan) gets added to this match, or the WWE has screwed up just to be dickheads.
I can't hear you, I'm too busy giving them money for the WWE Network to watch Halloween Havoc 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
It will be a fatal four way Orton vs Batista vs DB vs HHH with HHH winning...

Old 02-26-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I can't hear you, I'm too busy giving them money for the WWE Network to watch Halloween Havoc 1997.
"Attempt" to watch it
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
"Attempt" to watch it
What Bert said. Video on Demand is worse than aids.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The simple solution if they actually want to fix the main event and not have it be a heel vs heel shitshow in front of 70k people is to give HHH/Bryan the stipulation that, if HHH wins, Bryan never gets another World Title shot. If Bryan wins, he's added to the Orton/Batista match later that night.

Or just make Brock/Taker or Bryan/HHH the main, which is far more likely.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What Bert said. Video on Demand is worse than aids.
It works great for me. I have yet to have an issue on my laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
The simple solution if they actually want to fix the main event and not have it be a heel vs heel shitshow in front of 70k people is to give HHH/Bryan the stipulation that, if HHH wins, Bryan never gets another World Title shot. If Bryan wins, he's added to the Orton/Batista match later that night.

Or just make Brock/Taker or Bryan/HHH the main, which is far more likely.
Pretty much on board with your first paragraph. HHH just doesn't belong in the main event right now at all, it's really annoying to think he might main event Wrestlemania XXX. No matter how hard they try, the crowd will absolute tear an Orton/Batista match to shreds. And while Orton can try to drag his ass around like ADR did...it's on a much bigger scale.

Also, while Brock/Taker should be a rock solid match, Taker should only be main eventing a Mania if he's fighting Cena.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend