Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Apparently Benoit missed last nights PPV to attend to his family who had some sort of illness. There is a report that they were spitting up blood, so if this is the case then I wouldn't think carbon monoxide poisoning would be the cause of death.
Wow, if his wife and son were spitting up blood then what killed them? Better yet what killed him?

This is crazy.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still kinda in shock I know it is real but I don't know how to put it in to words.
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldude View Post
big dawg i love the sig...love it...I live in the west coast so I don't get raw yet...but by judging from the posts...i don't know if i should watch it or not...this is just too sad.
Thanks for the kudos, its just my way of grieving and showing tribute to a great man. As for watching, I would recommend it highly because its so far a fitting tribute to Chris with the last minutes of his Royal Rumble win 3 years ago and now what turned out to be his last match in the WWE, the ECW matchup from last week pitting Chris against Elijah Burke with Chris winning and supposed to be going to Vengenance for the title.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm still kinda in shock I know it is real but I don't know how to put it in to words.
Words can't explain it dude.................shock seems to be the prevailing sentiment.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is almost too painful for me right now to watch Benoit's highlights's without me losing it
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
It is almost too painful for me right now to watch Benoit's highlights's without me losing it
Don't feel bad dude, I've had them flowing since the tribute show has started.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Someone made a point that he was married to Kevin Sullivan's ex-wife.

Not saying he's involved but you never know..
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wonder how MVP is feeling? because Benoit was basically his mentor and Benoit is practically the reason MVP is who he is today because of Benoit all those matches with Benoit have made him so much better and Benoit really knew how to put MVP and everyone else he wrestled over.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CM Punk was about to lose it as well
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Benoit might not have been the biggest star to ever work for the WWE but he is by far one of the best in ring performers to ever step foot in a ring. The guy could go to work in any kinda match you put him in vs any kinda of wrestler be it a cruiser weight or seven foot monster be it a hardcore match ladder match or just straight up one on one match. He might just have been the best all around performer to ever step in the ring.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldude View Post
I wonder how MVP is feeling? because Benoit was basically his mentor and Benoit is practically the reason MVP is who he is today because of Benoit all those matches with Benoit have made him so much better and Benoit really knew how to put MVP and everyone else he wrestled over.
Wow, I didn't know about the MVP thing, they're very different personalities in the spotlight.

I don't even know what to think, for all I can tell he was a sober clean cut guy and I never heard of problems, but I also can't say I'm surprised. It seems that one great wrestler is taken away each year. I'm honestly not shocked another wrestler is gone, but I guess I am surprised it was Benoit. This is really just wierd to me... Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet... I haven't watched Raw in a while so I'm putting it on...

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Someone made a point that he was married to Kevin Sullivan's ex-wife.

Not saying he's involved but you never know..
I'm sorry to say that that thought crossed my mind as well. That was a bad situation both on screen and off screen, sort of similar to the Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge love triangle of recent memory. Kevin Sullivan from what I've read is retired down in Florida, which is not far from Atlanta but I would doubt that he would be behind this tragedy. But if he is then may he be involved then I hope he rots in hell!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

He can now be re-united with Eddie Guerrero.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Wow, I didn't know about the MVP thing, they're very different personalities in the spotlight.

I don't even know what to think, for all I can tell he was a sober clean cut guy and I never heard of problems, but I also can't say I'm surprised. It seems that one great wrestler is taken away each year. I'm honestly not shocked another wrestler is gone, but I guess I am surprised it was Benoit. This is really just wierd to me... Maybe it just hasn't hit me yet... I haven't watched Raw in a while so I'm putting it on...
Yeah I agree in every sense which is why in other forums when I say Chris Benoit was possibly the greatest wrestler as of now, everyone tells me I'm just saying that because the man passed away...but as I said he's the greatest wrestler not entertainer...But yeah I also agree it seems all the greatest wrestlers are the ones leaving early...I just didn't think it would be Chris Benoit this soon.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very sad. I grew up a big WCW fan...I grew up w/ watching these guys... R.I.P.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Wow... Benoit... Woman... Ms. Elizabeth... :(
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

They got Dean on there. He's the 2nd best technical wrestler ever.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I loved Benoit. He and Sting were my favorite wrestlers. RIP buddy. I haven't watched Professional Wrestling in I don't know how long, probably 8 or 9 years.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
They got Dean on there. He's the 2nd best technical wrestler ever.
Can you imagine how Dean is feeling?he has lost two of his closest friends (Eddie and Chris) within the span of a couple of years
Old 06-25-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Dean is one of my all time favorite wrestlers.

He's the last of the remaining 3 amigos.

Chris Benoit/Eddie Gurerro/Dean Malenko
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How Dean held up through that interview, I have no idea.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
How Dean held up through that interview, I have no idea.
agreed he was more calm then I would have been if I were him
Old 06-25-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

He's the Iceman...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damn. I do not watch wrestling anymore, but I just loved that guy.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote