Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sidney Rice in 2008

I'm arguing with a guy wo thinks that if Sidney Rice wouldn't have declared for this year's draft he should have been the #1 WR in the 2008 draft.
I think there's no way he should have been ahead of Sweed, Manningham, Jackson and Bowman.
What do you think?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidney Rice was drafted so sorta a moot point..

Besides that, he would have been the top prospect from beginning of the year to the draft most likely. He was a more complete and dangerous receiver than any of those other guys.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way ahead of Sweed. Probably ahead of Bowman. Battling Manningham and Jackson for the top spot.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone is gonna say that since he ran a poor 40, he would have been a 2nd rounder

the guy would have had a great college year, and probably would have had a chance. tell your buddy there is no use arguing since you'll never know, but there was a decent chance he could have emerged as that #1, had eh decided to work on that 40 of his
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you have to look at it in a Jarrett type of scenario though. All his production really didn't mean much when teams saw his 40 time. Should he have been rated or drafted higher? Probably, but it's something that I could see having happened to Rice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
everyone is gonna say that since he ran a poor 40, he would have been a 2nd rounder

the guy would have had a great college year, and probably would have had a chance. tell your buddy there is no use arguing since you'll never know, but there was a decent chance he could have emerged as that #1, had eh decided to work on that 40 of his
He's a Steve Spurrier WR. Nuff said.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was taken after Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think he could have had a chance of being picked before Jackson (who is better than Ginn), Manningham (who is better than Davis), Sweed (who I think could be on the level of Bowe next year) and Bowman (who is better than Gonzo).

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he would've been mid first rounder. He should've stayed...

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with a extra year you never know, but i dont think he would of went any higher than he did
Old 05-13-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
He was recruited before Spurrier got there. I can't see Sweed being drafted ahead of him, they're similar players but Rice has better production and is more polished.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

you cant be to sure where he would have gone.I thought he was overated coming inot this draft though.He would have been the #1 WR.BUt hed be a better prospect.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manningham, Jackson, and Malcolm Kelly are better prospects. But I'd say it's a toss up for fourth between him, Sweed, Monk, and some of those other big names for 2008. Doesn't really matter though b/c he was a 2nd rounder this year and that's that
Old 05-13-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
thats rediculous, he isnt a product of spurier.. see what he did freshman year? see what he did in HS?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
thats rediculous, he isnt a product of spurier.. see what he did freshman year? see what he did in HS?
Misspelling ridiculous is ridiculous.

Spurrier's system makes WR's #'s out to be more than they actually are. It's a known fact.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's gonna be the #1 reciever on the Vikings by the time the season starts.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I think he's gonna be the #1 reciever on the Vikings by the time the season starts.
Not when the season starts, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes it during the course of the season.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Rice wouldve been the number 1 out of all those guys cuz he had proven himself during his freshmen and sophmore seasons. He has the size and speed, but he came out in a class full of guys better than him.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He would have definitely been a top 15 pick like he should have been this year
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he reminds me alot o chad johnson, hes just not as humorous. i think he will be a star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
his freshman year was under spurrier and who cares what a guy does in high school.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he had over 1200 receiving yards he could have been anywhere from 1st to 4th WR taken.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That really doesnt mean much. Like being the best lineman on the Raiders or something.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That really doesnt mean much. Like being the best lineman on the Raiders or something.
Best QB for the Raiders last season... Yikes...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If he had over 1200 receiving yards he could have been anywhere from 1st to 4th WR taken.
That's a pretty silly way of looking at it. You can maybe set that bar at 1000, but either way, he's more than proven that his athleticism,ball skills, and hands are all rare enough to merit first round consideration.
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL advisory committee which tells players how scouts view their potential obviously told Rice he had 2nd round talent whether he came out or stayed for another year. He simply lacks elite speed to ever be considered a real top prospect. 2nd round was as high as he was ever going to be drafted.