Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.
Question Is DeSean Jackson a Ted Ginn type of player?

All the videos I've seen online are just him returning punts.

Thanks
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

no Ginn is a track star and Desean is a football player.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Yeah, he's a considerably better receiver. Unlike Ginn he can actually run routes.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

D-Jack has better short area quickness and he's not a long strider like Ginn which will ultimately make him more effective in the short to intermediate passing game at the next level.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Outside of the small build and amazing speed, they seem to be somewhat different. People bash on Ginn more for whatever reason. I don't quite understand it.

Both need more polish. Jackson will me better at creating in the short spaces and across the middle although I wonder how he will hold up with his small frame. He is a better WR in that sense tho. Ginn has better pure speed once he gets going and is better at making people miss then people like to give him credit for. Just because hes not Reggie Bush doesn't mean he can't make people miss. I think Ginn will be the better KR in the Hester mold while Jackson will be a notch below, at the Dante Hall level.

Ginn will be the better deep threat and can do more on offense in terms of reverses and being a decoy. I think Jackson is flashier which is why people tend to like him more but I think Ginn will be a better big play threat and open up the offense more in the NFL then Jackson will.

All this as of now tho. IF Jackson is horrible next year, we won't even be having this conversation.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone seems to think that Ginn is the better KR than Jackson, but people have to understand that one of them is an all-american KR (Jackson).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Everyone seems to think that Ginn is the better KR than Jackson, but people have to understand that one of them is an all-american KR (Jackson).
so is ginn. the kid returned the most punts in big ten history in three years of work. Anyway, i think that Ginn once coached up will be better, i mean he has only been a reciever for two years and he needs a little time. Ginn and jackson are both great threats and playmakers so in that sense both are alike
Old 05-13-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is much more agile and nimble. He makes people miss much easier than Ginn. Better hands, better route runner, better return man. Jackson is just better than Ginn.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
so is ginn. the kid returned the most punts in big ten history in three years of work. Anyway, i think that Ginn once coached up will be better, i mean he has only been a reciever for two years and he needs a little time. Ginn and jackson are both great threats and playmakers so in that sense both are alike
Do you mean he returned the most punts for TD's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think ginn was a better prospect than jackson will be. 170 is just too small and if he gets to 180+, he won't be desean jackson.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

so much hate for ted ginn...it makes me wonder if most people ever saw him play or just remember hearing how raw he was when he was a freshman
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No, Ginn is a ball player.

Xavier Carter was a track star.

DeSean is just a more reliable player.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
gimme a break. Ginn was the best CB in the country by far coming out of High School. Ginn has been a WR for 3 years of his life and was a star at that position. Jackson has been a WR his whole life, so he's had about 12 years of playing the position probably. Ginn has made Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, and some other top corners look like fools. If you don't think Ginn is a football player then you are insane.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the best thing desean can do is increase his catch #'s. if he can rack up 5+ catches a game, and show he is a good route runner, and can catch in traffic and not really get shut down by anyone.. probably a top 15 pick
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Ginn has the all time RECORD for most return touchdowns. I swear the folks on this board have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when the subject of Ted Ginn comes up. They just see that he's a 180 lb. speed receiver and make all these asumptions about him. Ginn was one of the three best receivers in all of college football last year along with Johnson and Jarrett, his production was incredible, every time he touched the ball he could've scored.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Ginn has the all time RECORD for most return touchdowns. I swear the folks on this board have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when the subject of Ted Ginn comes up. They just see that he's a 180 lb. speed receiver and make all these asumptions about him. Ginn was one of the three best receivers in all of college football last year along with Johnson and Jarrett, his production was incredible, every time he touched the ball he could've scored.
All time big 10 record perhaps, not the NCAA record. That said, I like Ginn over Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

HuskerNation needs more cowbell.

Some of you idiots are reallly selling teddy short on how talented he actually is.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
59 781 13.2 9 with the heisman winner throwing to him.

Yeah.............................................. ......

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

really the only thing I see in Ginn is good straight line speed nothing else.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
really the only thing I see in Ginn is good straight line speed nothing else.
Go watch his youtube video, watch all the jukes then come back, and I'll kick ya in the nuts for good measure. How's that sound?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Its quite obvious your arguments over if its only based off a highlight video.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Its quite obvious your arguments over if its only based off a highlight video.
It's obvious you've never seen him play, or else you'd know he has some pretty nice short area moves.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
It's obvious you've never seen him play, or else you'd know he has some pretty nice short area moves.
I think I just took a dump in your mouth. Ted Ginn isn't good in the short routes.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
HuskerNation
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I think I just took a dump in your mouth. Ted Ginn isn't good in the short routes.
I've seen him make plenty of people miss in short space over the last 3 years. I've never met a dude who gets off on dumping in other guys mouths. You must be one of those freaky f*ggots huh?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerNation View Post
Highlight videos can make you think that.