Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you still aprove of Ted's Actions?
Yes 27 58.70%
No 9 19.57%
Neutral 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do you still aprove of Ted's Actions?

Do you still aprove of Ted's Actions?
FA has been terrible for GB
We didnt get Moss
Theres a bunch of (questionable) rumors about Favre
So is everyone still happy w/ our GM

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am for the most part, but he needs to start making some more bold decisions in my opinion. I love his drafts and I don't think GB needs to be a big team in FA.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Free Agency was not terrible, we dont need to overpay for role players.
There is no gaurantee Moss lights it up.
Those Favre rumors are not true.
Our draft was good and will probably end up surprising us like last year.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Do you still aprove of Ted's Actions?
FA has been terrible for GB
We didnt get Moss
Theres a bunch of (questionable) rumors about Favre
So is everyone still happy w/ our GM
Free Agency was not terrible. We didn't sign much, but who should we have signed? There wasn't really much that would help us, and the ones that would cost way too much money. Sure we have the cap, but the talent level wasn't high enough for it to be worth it.

I am pretty upset about not getting Moss. That move would have really helped our offense and help cover up for the lack of the run gam. Had we got him it'd be very easy to project us in the playoffs.

I really don't think there is truth to those rumors. Favre will be a Packer in 2007. Should he leave for somereason that pushes me a lot closer to the edge.

Yes, I am happy with him. He has built our team very nicely, he just isn't too focused on winning now. In a few years I believe we will rise back up to the top of the NFC, I just wish he would try a little harder for the present.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Teddy boy better hope his boys James Jones, brandon Jackson, and Clowny pan out.

Also, can anyone imagine the heat he will catch if Moss puts up HUge numbers?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-13-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think Teddy boy better hope his boys James Jones, brandon Jackson, and Clowny pan out.

Also, can anyone imagine the heat he will catch if Moss puts up HUge numbers?
People get on Thompson a lot for taking Jones in round 3. I wasn't thrilled about it either, but had we taken Clowney then and Jones in the fifth most of us would have been fine with that. There wouldn't be nearly as much complaining had it happened that way. I'm not saying that it was a great pick, but that's another way to look at it.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
People get on Thompson a lot for taking Jones in round 3. I wasn't thrilled about it either, but had we taken Clowney then and Jones in the fifth most of us would have been fine with that. There wouldn't be nearly as much complaining had it happened that way. I'm not saying that it was a great pick, but that's another way to look at it.
The exact same thing happened to the cowboys last year. We reached for a player in Jason Hatcher in the 3rd round...everyone was crying cuz we missed out on Watkins...and ended up landing him in the 5th. I think it's safe to say it's pretty clear GM's have a general understanding a 100 times better than us as to where a player will fall...which is what some people don't understand.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

James Jones will surprise us this year. I think he could be a great slot receiver, and Clowney could be a type of guy who can give us two or three deep plays a game.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
James Jones will surprise us this year. I think he could be a great slot receiver, and Clowney could be a type of guy who can give us two or three deep plays a game.
Yeah, after reading up on him and watching some film i do have high hopes for him. While he doesn't have ideal size for it, I think he could be a nice red zone threat.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still completely back him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

There were only a few guys that I wished the Packers would have pursued harder.

Justin Griffith - Nice fit for the ZBS. Also a weapon when the ball is in his hands. I would have paid him his modest price tag.

Ahman Green - I really think he should have been resigned. He wanted to be in GB and he was the catalyst of this offence for 5 years. One of the most underrated runningbacks in the league and just an overall great guy to have on your team. If the Packers had Ahman Green still, they'd be a much better team offensively.

Daniel Graham - Good, young tight end that would pair well with Franks. Would give the Packers a lot more consistency from the TE position and would likely be a big help in the redzone where they struggle.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
There were only a few guys that I wished the Packers would have pursued harder.

Justin Griffith - Nice fit for the ZBS. Also a weapon when the ball is in his hands. I would have paid him his modest price tag.

Ahman Green - I really think he should have been resigned. He wanted to be in GB and he was the catalyst of this offence for 5 years. One of the most underrated runningbacks in the league and just an overall great guy to have on your team. If the Packers had Ahman Green still, they'd be a much better team offensively.

Daniel Graham - Good, young tight end that would pair well with Franks. Would give the Packers a lot more consistency from the TE position and would likely be a big help in the redzone where they struggle.
Justin Griffith wanted to goto Oakland because he gets to play for the same OC and lives somewhere were is warm. Ahman Green isnt worth 4 million a year and he is turning 31, he done. Daniel Graham would have been a nice weapen but his production isnt worth how many he got paid and maybe Franks had an off year lets wait and see what he does this year.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thompson has done a nice job building a solid young nucleus but you can only do that for so long. He needed to and still needs to add playmakers for this team to achieve the next level and this past offseason he failed to do so.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im kinda on the fence about him. I feel he couldve got graham or a SS but didnt, and the Moss thing could of worked but he didnt execute it and now theres a ton of rumors which are kinda making the team look like it has no direction

Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im kinda on the fence about him. I feel he couldve got graham or a SS but didnt, and the Moss thing could of worked but he didnt execute it and now theres a ton of rumors which are kinda making the team look like it has no direction
Yeah, the team doesn't have any direction with the build through the draft philosophy, a young defense, and a young o-line. This has gotten out of hand. Especially the trade talks.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah, the team doesn't have any direction with the build through the draft philosophy, a young defense, and a young o-line. This has gotten out of hand. Especially the trade talks.
Thats not what the casual fan or the "ea's" of this world will think

Old 05-13-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Five Good Things
1. We have a very strong defensive line, one that will anchor our defense for the next 5 years.
2. We have a player with the potential to be the best defensive player in the NFL: A.J. Hawk.
3. The offensive line has six starting-quality players: Tausch, Clifton, Collegde, Spitz, Moll, and Wells. Those last four together with Barbre will be starting on this team for a long time.
4. We may have our future starting QB in Aaron Rodgers.
5. Our LB core has the potential to be one of the best in the game, as well as one of the deepest.

Five Bad Things
1. We have 7 30+ year-olds on the team. Five of them start. Replacements for at least 3 (not counting Favre-Rodgers and Clifton-Barbre) will need to be found sooner rather than later: Driver, Harris, and Woodson. The last two may be primed for a precipitous drop off.
2. Our top RB has started 3 games in his career, our #2 is a rookie.
3. Our #3 WR spot is a major question mark.
4. Our starting TE may be better off as a T.
5. We still don't have a bona fide S next to Nick Collins.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats not what the casual fan or the "ea's" of this world will think
Who gives a damn what they think.

Hitman D

Old 05-13-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
potential to be one of the best in the game, as well as one of the deepest.

Five Bad Things
1. We have 7 30+ year-olds on the team. Five of them start. Replacements for at least 3 (not counting Favre-Rodgers and Clifton-Barbre) will need to be found sooner rather than later: Driver, Harris, and Woodson. The last two may be primed for a precipitous drop off.
2. Our top RB has started 3 games in his career, our #2 is a rookie.
3. Our #3 WR spot is a major question mark.
4. Our starting TE may be better off as a T.
5. We still don't have a bona fide S next to Nick Collins.

Don't you think Jennings could be Drivers replacement?

they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, but either way we need to replace a starting WR, which I believe is what he was getting at.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yes, but then ssomeone will have to take his spot at #2

Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Which, if my knowledge is right, is why we drafted two recievers in the draft.

Hitman D

Old 05-13-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Koren Robinson to the bank. Everyone tells me not to count on this guy, but I think he will be a very productive player when he gets back. Him and Favre really seemed to click when they played together. One of the cats the packers draften just might work out too..

they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u got Mason Crosby!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

I have tried to back TT for some time and stand up 4 him when all my friends and people i work with tear him apart but I wont anymore....I think what he is doin is okay, but not anything that i feel i should stand up for. And who ever said that the Favre stuff is false is full of **** and doesnt want to believe it, and he has every right to be pissed. I dont blame him if he would want out, He is at the end of the tunnel and just wants to have a chance to win but TT doesnt want to give hime the guys to do that. I bet that Moss produces more than Jones easy over the next 2 years.

I hated watching the Vikings have a great draft and then the Lions and Bears also goin out and bettering there team, now maybe there wasnt any free agents to go after (Grant, Graham, McMichael, Thomas, Griffith just a few that we could have maybe went after and maybe over spent for) but when your team doesnt have a TE, only has 2 WR who are reliable, only have 2 unproven SS that people man crush over ( Underwood understandable, Maunal not....at all, oh he improved blah blah blah blah, he sucked get over it)
then RB, which I like Jackson alot and thought it was fair to let Ahmen go, maybe should have made a trade for Turner but im fine with Jackson. I also love Morency and thought he is very solid.

Overall I take Favre's side, no doubt...TT wants to build and I want them to compete. Those 2 rarely go hand and hand. 2 make up for are lack of anything this off-season there needed to have a great draft and wll cant judge for another 3 years but this was far from great! All we had to do was get Moss Favre would be happy, I would be happy and most (KEYWORD-Most) of Packers nation would have been fine with this off-season.

Ted needs to make somethin happen because honestly this team cant win without Favre and i know he'll be back but it's not goin to be the same Brett, its goin to be an unhappy Brett who will play like he did in 05', feel he needs to force everything and make things happen himself because he doesnt have the players to help him. These young players need his leadership without a question. Beside are 2 Tackles,Driver, and Farve on Offense there are no other veteren leaders. Thank god are defense is good except are SS unless Underwood proves hes a starter or Rouse plays like i think he can.