Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Training Camp Thread

This is the official training camp thread. Anything about the training camp over the next couple of months, post in here. Any other threads about what happened in training camp will be locked.

Congratulations! You have found your eigth Scavenger Hunt Ticket!

Below is a clue to finding your next ticket:

"Where can you find talk about Run DMC, a nice peice of ass and a baby horse?"

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-20-2007 at 03:25 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll start it up with discussing what we were saying in the Giants team discussion, and thats how Ross didn't have a good first day. Im not gonna kill him for it, he has to adjust to rule changes, whereas Smith is doing the same thing he did in college. So I expect an adjustment period for Ross. Now if he's continues with this throughout training camp, then I'll start to worry. But not now.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agreed BBD. I mean this is a lot for a kid to handle. I mean, the shock that your in the NFL! plus learning new system and playbook, getting on the field for the first time since last college season. He's nervous and competing for a starting job. Give him time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gotta love Kiwi's character, the way he handles himself and his attitude, etc. These are the type of guys I like to root for. I think he'll pick it up quickly, and there won't be as many growing pains compared to other guys. Kiwi is a smart guy, a BC guy, so I think the fruits of the transition will be seen by week 8 of the regular season.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRo1PGqjl0k
Old 05-14-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are snappy sunglasses and polo he is sporting there in that video.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Those are snappy sunglasses and polo he is sporting there in that video.
Its not uncommon to see me with that kind of polo and slacks on. Kiwi has good taste.

Preppies > 85 Bears
Old 05-14-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Its not uncommon to see me with that kind of polo and slacks on. Kiwi has good taste.

Preppies > 85 Bears
Tom Coughlin's hat from that same golf event >>> 85 Bears and Preppies.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Tom Coughlin's hat from that same golf event >>> 85 Bears and Preppies.
Dare I say his hat is > 86 Giants?

*thinks*
Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

*thinks*
I'd say the combination of that hat and Parcell's Polo covering his man tits > 86 Giants.

Now that I have brought this completely off topic.

But either way I'm real exicted about Steve Smith. I think he is gonna be our #3 right from the get go with possibly being our #2 by the end of the season. Moss might only have to come in on special sets now.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think he'll be our 3, and unless Toomer goes down, will stay there. Sinorice...I dont know where he fits now. For the time being, one of the 2 will get the short end of the stick if Toomer stays healthy. Im guessing it will be Sinorice. Coughlin sounded very pleased with Smith so far.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was always on high and Smith and was calling for the Giants to take him a while back now. With that being said Moss kind of grew on me a little when I actually saw him play. He is just so much faster than everyone on the field that he could be very good if we utilize him the right away. Our WR set has a chance to be one of the best in the NFL. We have our burner, posession guy, do it all guy, and a go up and catch it guy. We have all the bases covered for Eli the coaching staff needs to get it together and use these guys the right away. I'm not even including Shockey in that discussion or a screen to Jacobs where we can rumble over people. There are many options so I hope Coughlin and Co. get creative.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think a rotation between Sinorice and Smith is ideal to start the season. See which one plays the slot better, and which one Eli is more comfortable throwing to.

Sinorice should see more snaps on the vertical routes, and smith more on the underneath. Although that could start becoming predictable...

I really don't know how its gonna work out right now. I foresee one of them getting screwed out of playing time, which seems like the more likely scenario. Its gonna be difficult to get all of them on the field at once, especially with our potential LT issues, empty sets aren't ideal, and 4 WR sets aren't standard either.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Either way most say WRs don't break out until their third year. Which would be next season for Moss. And if I had to guess now, I would say Toomer won't be a Giant in 2008.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh I agree. The pick was more of a long term investment. Im just trying to figure out whats the best way to utilize all of them for this upcoming season.

Im hoping Sinorice can pack on more weight. He's too frail right now. I would like him to be a #2 in the future like Santana if possible. This kid was a 2nd round draft pick. A pick that we traded 2 2nd round picks to move up for. It would be a shame if we invested that much into a guy who is just a slot receiver his whole career.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can develop into a #2 but as you said he def. needs to add some more muscle. I think Smith is one of those rookies who can come in and produce right away so I'm not worried about the 3 year syndrome with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*thinks*
hopefully his hat wont go flying off like TC's did during the season lol
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I take it this thread includes mini camps?

"WR Willie Idlette (Wake Forest) and WR Tyrone Timmons (Mississippi Valley State) were added to the mini-camp roster on a tryout basis today."

I watched this guy vs. Florida State, man is he fast. He is probably only 150 pounds though.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith have a great training camp preseason, what are the chances that Amani Toomer spends his last season on the bench?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sounds like the Giants have high hopes for Boss. He really needs to develop his blocking skills in training camp. Even then, he'll have plenty of growing pains during the regular season when the speed of the game takes its toll on his technique.

Im expecting him to come around as a blocker at best by week 8. I think the first 8 weeks will be rough for him. This is the problem with having so much hope invested in rookies. You can't honestly expect to see an immediate impact. Im hoping we can survive the first 8 weeks with a .500 win loss record, then make our move in the 2nd half when all our rookies start realizing their potential.

That would go against the grain though, seeing that we're more of a hot starter cold finisher type of team the past 2 years.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thats because we had some type of expectations that we were a Super Bowl team. Since the expectations are lower we're going to start off a little slow and hit our stride midseason. In all seriousness though we're lucky we have Pope as our TE coach because he did an excellent job with Shockey and Shancioe. I thought Shank was really becoming an above average blocking TE last year. Shockey we all know has improved by peaps and bounds as well and that is one of his strengths. We may not see a lot of 2 TE sets the first 3 or 4 games untill Boss gets that part of his game up to par.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's gonna whiff on alot of blocks during the PS and first couple of games. With blocking, your first step is usually what makes you or breaks you. That takes practice and a trained eye to realize quickly where you have to move with your first step right away. With Jacobs, we need to run alot of 2 TE sets, I don't know if Finn is big enough to be a lead blocker for Jacobs.

In the mean time, I guess we'll see more iform and less 3 WR sets compared to last year. I don't think we'll run so many 3 WR sets with Jacobs back there. If we do, you'll more likely see Droughns in the backfield on those situations.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Do you think we'll see Droughns lead blocking for Jacobs at all or do we still not believe in 2 RB sets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Do you think we'll see Droughns lead blocking for Jacobs at all or do we still not believe in 2 RB sets.
Doubt it. If we're using a fullback, it will be Finn. Droughns will be a RB for us. I don't expect him to see any looks at FB.

2 RB sets are traditionally used in passing situations, it provides more speed out of the backfield. Its a dying formation because youre better off using a 2 TE package. You get better routes out of the pass game, and its less obvious of a passing play when you do pass out of that situation, plus better run blocking.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well last year with Tiki and Jacobs we could have used some of those 2 Rb sets. The defense would not have known what was coming at them. Jacobs and Droughns are more similar so that makes sense to use the 2 TE sets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well, our best option at kicker right now is missing mini camp with laparoscopic surgery for his apendicitis. He should be fine by July's camp.
Quote: