Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats one thing that worries me. In a division as competitive as ours, we're relying on essentially a rookie kicker to come through in the clutch and make crucial field goals for us. That could bite us in the rear this season.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats one thing that worries me. In a division as competitive as ours, we're relying on essentially a rookie kicker to come through in the clutch and make crucial field goals for us. That could bite us in the rear this season.
couldnt agree more. Plus, its not like he was high pick/well known college kicker. Not many people now much about him at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
couldnt agree more. Plus, its not like he was high pick/well known college kicker. Not many people now much about him at all

He was probably the best kicker coming out that year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
He was probably the best kicker coming out that year.
but he was undrafted right? even still, he isnt well known, or a high pick like sebastian or nugent.

I hope he does well, but i honestly can say i've never seen the kid kick in college.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Myles got waived, I thought he could be good, anyway it will be tough with this new kicker, but I hope he can learn to be dependable unlike feely was, if he can kick one field goal in three times while being pressured by a crowd in overtime, I'll be good (Feely missed 3 times in overtime at seattle)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To honest, I'm not worried if Ross had some trouble in his mini-camp, because honestly, I think CB is one of the hardest posistions to transistion to in the NFL. Very rarely will you ever see a rookie cornerback do well in mini-camps, it's generally you want to see good improvement during the actual Training Camp in a month or so.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
im worried too but i do not understand why we are not going out and gettin a vet FA kicker? keep huston and a vet and whoever plays better in camp/preseason gets the job. guys like john carney, vanderjact, etc are FA who i would give a look.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
im worried too but i do not understand why we are not going out and gettin a vet FA kicker? keep huston and a vet and whoever plays better in camp/preseason gets the job. guys like john carney, vanderjact, etc are FA who i would give a look.

why would go sign a guy like john vanderjagt or carney when you just traded for lawrence tynes about 2 days ago

edit i didnt realize your post was old

Last edited by LTgiants : 05-25-2007 at 04:26 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
why would go sign a guy like john vanderjagt or carney when you just traded for lawrence tynes about 2 days ago

edit i didnt realize your post was old
There's a new LT in town.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson has been moved to Free Safety while Butler is playing with the first team as the strong safety, kind of a weird set up.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Wilson has been moved to Free Safety while Butler is playing with the first team as the strong safety, kind of a weird set up.
Wilson is not a FS by any means. I think theyre just rewarding Butler for having a good offseason and sending a message to Demps that he needs to pick it up if he wants to stay in the starting lineup. Its more of a coaching ploy than a legitimate starting rotation.

I think it will be an open race at both safety positions. Im curious to see our rook too, and see what he can do. Butler is the only pure FS Ive seen in our lineup, we'll see what he can do.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wilson is not a FS by any means. I think theyre just rewarding Butler for having a good offseason and sending a message to Demps that he needs to pick it up if he wants to stay in the starting lineup. Its more of a coaching ploy than a legitimate starting rotation.

I think it will be an open race at both safety positions. Im curious to see our rook too, and see what he can do. Butler is the only pure FS Ive seen in our lineup, we'll see what he can do.

That why I feel its so weird, Butler could of competed to take Demps position last year if he was healthy at the start of training camp, but wasn't and was the back up FS all year, now that they are demoting Demps why is Butler being inserted into the lineup as a SS?

This is all per giants.com btw.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

kiwi is struggling in coverage, but that is expected and should improve quickly. Bradshaw is looking very shifty and elusive, all 3 TE's showed great receiving skills(we knew shockey could but still...) Osi looked fired up and ready to be a leader with his play and even his words. Jared Lornezen looked GREAT and i feel Tim will be cut leaving Wright and Hefty Lefty as the 2 backup QB's
Quote:
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shameless plug, but everything you need to know about today...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/

And that'll be a daily
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with the Strahan holdout? Is it about retiring or getting more money?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I honestly believe that he just wants to miss parts of training camp. He does want more money as well. He figures if he pulls this retiring to try and get more $ and miss some camp. I believe he'll show up in about a week, and will play. I still have faith in him, like him alot and know the Giants need him. Many other fans(on the Giants main forum site) believe he's just an @$$ and we dont need him and will be better off with out him, but they're wrong.
Quote:
Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone else just extatic with the potential of our offense? I think that Jacobs could easily turn out to be a annual probowl candidate with Bradshaw as a good COP guy. I think they're great compliments. And the passing game has me excited as well, once Diehl or Whimper establish themselves as the guy at LT and Eli can develop confidence in his blockers I think we'll see him hit a new level with 7 legit quality receiving targets, Shockey, Plax, Toomer, Smith, Moss, Boss and Tyree (a guy who really does the little things despite lacking the pure tools to be a game changer)
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

this is what i love to see. the trainers and assitant coaches are wearing them. also Jesse Armstead is all around camp evaluating and giving advice, I'd love to see him be a future LB coach or possibly DC in the future
Quote:
Old 08-02-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Armstead is going to make a great coach very soon. I bet by next year he'll be an assistant somewhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess that Osi and blitzing LBs are having field days with our o-line. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So I guess that Osi and blitzing LBs are having field days with our o-line. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come...
It's a sign to come to see how improved our defense will be. From that the O-Line will gain numerous hours of playing against a good defense therefore gaining numerous hours of experience. That's how you have too look at it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-03-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI...good old Luke P, has already missed 4 days of training camp with the Bucs because of a tweaked back. It is almost just too predictable.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
FYI...good old Luke P, has already missed 4 days of training camp with the Bucs because of a tweaked back. It is almost just too predictable.
Certainly not a suprise there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

now Butler has been playing with the 1st team at safety with Gibril while Demps has been with the 2nd team. Now what are the chances Butler starts with Gibril over Demps this year? and if Butler beats him out and Johnson shows alot of promise as our backup, are there any chances we trade Demps(if anyone wants him) for possibly a kicker? I want to have faith in Will and want him to do well, but if Butler plays better, i'd rather see butler on the field...
Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i no the kickers aren't doing that good right now but why would you trade will demps for a kicker that just seems like a waist why wouldn't you try to trade him for a lineman if James butler wins the job?