Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else really excited to see what Jacobs can do with the majority of the carries? He just has an aura about him that I think he will be a very good back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is anyone else really excited to see what Jacobs can do with the majority of the carries? He just has an aura about him that I think he will be a very good back.
He's nasty...

Does anyone have any good pics of Ross at training camp? I've been looking for them for awhile.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i dont know you anymore. who are you, and what have you done to the real BBD?
That just shows you how confident I am in Whimper being our #2 LT on the depth chart. You know you suck when Bob Whitfield is better than you.

They have to make some kind of move (trade), if not for the starting lineup, then at least for depth purposes.

We're thin at OG, and LT. Bringing in a LT via trade, preferably Schaffer from Cleveland allows us to movie Diehl back to OG which gives us depth at OG, and we can always move Diehl out to LT if that guy gets injured. That gives us adequate depth at both OG and LT.

If we have to bite the bullet for a year and give up a 4th for him, Im starting to think we should do it. Theres too much at stake this year to go in the season with paperthin depth on the leftside, and average at best starters.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That just shows you how confident I am in Whimper being our #2 LT on the depth chart. You know you suck when Bob Whitfield is better than you.

They have to make some kind of move (trade), if not for the starting lineup, then at least for depth purposes.

We're thin at OG, and LT. Bringing in a LT via trade, preferably Schaffer from Cleveland allows us to movie Diehl back to OG which gives us depth at OG, and we can always move Diehl out to LT if that guy gets injured. That gives us adequate depth at both OG and LT.

If we have to bite the bullet for a year and give up a 4th for him, Im starting to think we should do it. Theres too much at stake this year to go in the season with paperthin depth on the leftside, and average at best starters.
im confident everywhere on the OL except backup tackle. we were hurt badly with injuries last year, and depth at SOME positions helped us get in the playoffs. if an OT goes down, we're gonna be in trouble.

snee, kareem and Ohara are solid and i feel great about them. i feel rich and DD can hold down the left side fairly well. but, being on the O-line, they get LOTS of contact EVERY play and to think one may get dinged up(at the least) is crazy to think. we need depth to calm my nerves.

on a side note, I'm hearing Tynes is improving and settling in. if more confidence on getting the 3 points means having to sacrifice some kick off power, then be it. i dont wanna carry 2 kickers, but we'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dear Giants' fans,

I am writing this letter to say lay off the offensive line. Don't be so quick to push me next time.

Sincerely,
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are gonna get a long look at both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith tomorrow. Both Toomer and Plax aren't dressing apparently. Moss and Smith should get some serious time with the first team, which seems to be intact other than the WR position.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We are gonna get a long look at both Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith tomorrow. Both Toomer and Plax aren't dressing apparently. Moss and Smith should get some serious time with the first team, which seems to be intact other than the WR position.
Good. Im looking forward to it. My main concern is the leftside of that line. Offensively, i think thats our biggest question mark. And of course, Brandon Jacobs.

I guess defensively the 2 guys to keep an eye on are Ross and Kiwi. Im gonna keep an eye on Blackburn and DeOssie as well.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very excited to watch Smith, Deossie, and Boss play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good. Im looking forward to it. My main concern is the leftside of that line. Offensively, i think thats our biggest question mark. And of course, Brandon Jacobs.

I guess defensively the 2 guys to keep an eye on are Ross and Kiwi. Im gonna keep an eye on Blackburn and DeOssie as well.
Ross isn't playing.

The following players missed practice yesterday and will not play against Carolina: WR Amani Toomer (knee), WR Plaxico Burress (ankle), DT Fred Robbins (calf), CB Aaron Ross (glute), CB E.J. Underwood (hip), S Michael Stone (hip), LB Gerris Wilkinson (knee), OC Todd Londot (ankle), and LS Ryan Kuehl (calf/Achilles).
Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Ross isn't playing.

The following players missed practice yesterday and will not play against Carolina: WR Amani Toomer (knee), WR Plaxico Burress (ankle), DT Fred Robbins (calf), CB Aaron Ross (glute), CB E.J. Underwood (hip), S Michael Stone (hip), LB Gerris Wilkinson (knee), OC Todd Londot (ankle), and LS Ryan Kuehl (calf/Achilles).
I wanted to see Underwood as well. I've really heard nothing coming out of camp about him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I wanted to see Underwood as well. I've really heard nothing coming out of camp about him.
You really didn't hear all that much about him in camp last year before the games either. And then all of a sudden he was playing well and was the nickel CB with the first team when Madison sat one game.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You really didn't hear all that much about him in camp last year before the games either. And then all of a sudden he was playing well and was the nickel CB with the first team when Madison sat one game.
That's true but at the time he was a UDFA and as you said no one really heard about him. This training camp we all know the coaches were high on him and we have heard squat. I even heard Reese praise every CB on the team and he didn't even mention Underwood. It's just weird we haven't heard one little thing on him especially when the secondary is a major focal point for this team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-11-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Im stumped about the Underwood mystery myself. Perhaps he had a bad offseason and fell off the map? Maybe he's injured and just never spoken about?

Who knows, we'll find out soon enough.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I have a feeling that Jay Alford is gonna surprise alot of us in PS. Just a hunch.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I have a feeling that Jay Alford is gonna surprise alot of us in PS. Just a hunch.
He's got a huge motor, and as a rotational player I think he can excel and really cause some havoc. But as an everday player, I'm not so sure. Think of Trent Cole on the inside. Cole is a force when you limit his snaps, but when he has to play a majority of the time, he dies down.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 08-10-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He's a got a huge motor, and as a rotational player I think he can excel and really cause some havoc. But as an everday player, I'm not so sure. Think of Trent Cole on the inside. Cole is a force when you limit his snaps, but when he has to play a majority of the time, he dies down.
I have no problem with that. We're not asking him to be Tommie Harris, just provide adequate pressure when we sub out Robbins, and in the nickel, provide an additional inside pass rusher. I think he can do that for us this year. I don't know if he'll ever be a fulltime starter though, but even if he provides solid rotation for us this year Ill be happy with him.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I have no problem with that. We're not asking him to be Tommie Harris, just provide adequate pressure when we sub out Robbins, and in the nickel, provide an additional inside pass rusher. I think he can do that for us this year. I don't know if he'll ever be a fulltime starter though, but even if he provides solid rotation for us this year Ill be happy with him.
Agreed. Looking at him he just doesn't look like a DT. He has a very strange body type.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Agreed. Looking at him he just doesn't look like a DT. He has a very strange body type.
He can definately use a couple of pounds if he wants to become a fulltime guy. For now though, I like him as is, it will help him in his situational role better.

Our division has some bulky interior lines, perhaps on passing downs we can neutralize that with some speed. Im still worried about going against those interior lines with no NT though. I hope that doesn't bite us in the butt.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

What's the deal with Chris Patrick? Anyone heard anything on him?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
What's the deal with Chris Patrick? Anyone heard anything on him?
Nevermind. 5 mintues after I posted this, I read he was waived. Thank god we didn't use a supplemental pick on him.