Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
That East-Coast bias tho...
Also, now that UConn is in that random conference, they are no longer considered a historically top tier, big name basketball program

Now they are just another team from a "non-power" conference. Love how that conveniently works for an agenda.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Facts aren't biased. Opinions are biased.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I win the SWDC pool!!! IDK if I should be proud or feel I won by default. I had UConn losing to St. Joe's :)
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i switched on the women's championship game only to hear that Geno should be in the same sentence as John Wooden and then saw one of the teams was running a triangle and 2 defense. I had to turn it off.

And spoiler: I'm facebok friends and went to school with a girl on Notre Dame and I STILL couldn't keep it on
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Women's basketball is the worst. I watched it while drunk with friends the other day. All the do is chuck wide open 3's that clang and drive to the hoop undeterred for bad layup attempts. We started to come up with a drinking game where we'd drink any time they mid a jump shot from inside the arc. We got bored waiting and stopped because we were getting sober.

I think it'd be ******* hilarious to see a low-level men's high school championship team go up against the women's college national champion.

Women have lots of sports they're good at. Basketball is not one of them. Volleyball, soccer, softball, hockey, tennis, sometimes golf... Basketball is probably their worst sport.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Women's basketball is the worst. I watched it while drunk with friends the other day. All the do is chuck wide open 3's that clang and drive to the hoop undeterred for bad layup attempts. We started to come up with a drinking game where we'd drink any time they mid a jump shot from inside the arc. We got bored waiting and stopped because we were getting sober.

I think it'd be ******* hilarious to see a low-level men's high school championship team go up against the women's college national champion.

Women have lots of sports they're good at. Basketball is not one of them. Volleyball, soccer, softball, hockey, tennis, sometimes golf... Basketball is probably their worst sport.
Women's basketball has some ugly ass chicks.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

You complain a lot in the basketball thread.

Women's basketball is pretty bad, only a few teams with anything resembling fundamental skills. UConn is so much better than everyone else that it's ridiculous and they still make you go WTF?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

triangle. and. two.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
You complain a lot in the basketball thread.

Women's basketball is pretty bad, only a few teams with anything resembling fundamental skills. UConn is so much better than everyone else that it's ridiculous and they still make you go WTF?
UCONN women's basketball couldn't beat the worst men's Division I basketball team.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-re...-was-runnin-r/
Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
UCONN women's basketball couldn't beat the worst men's Division I basketball team.
They couldn't beat the best high school boys team. Maybe even the top 100 boys teams.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
triangle. and. two.
What about the other 8 championships he's won?

Not really sure if you're seriously trying to discredit his complete and utter dominance of the sport over the last 15 years because you didn't like the strategy of the opposing coach in one game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of high school/aau teams would destroy the women's NCAA champs. Women's basketball is putrid. Someone used to have a quote from me on their sig on my thoughts.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
What about the other 8 championships he's won?

Not really sure if you're seriously trying to discredit his complete and utter dominance of the sport over the last 15 years because you didn't like the strategy of the opposing coach in one game.
I'm discrediting what he's done on a larger scale. He absolutely shouldn't be in the same breath as Phil Jackson or Wooden. Absolutely not. There's no parity in the sport. I'll credit his recruiting and his ability to build the dynasty, yes, but as a coach? Absolutely not.

The triangle and 2 being played against him in the CHAMPIONSHIP game really sums it all up. It's a microcosm of the sport. "There are only 2 people beating us so let's switch to a grade school zone defense". And that's what it was, is and has been. Geno's landed those top 2 or 3 recruits who are head and shoulders above everyone else and it has him steam rolling to championships.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm discrediting what he's done on a larger scale. He absolutely shouldn't be in the same breath as Phil Jackson or Wooden. Absolutely not. There's no parity in the sport. I'll credit his recruiting and his ability to build the dynasty, yes, but as a coach? Absolutely not.

The triangle and 2 being played against him in the CHAMPIONSHIP game really sums it all up. It's a microcosm of the sport. "There are only 2 people beating us so let's switch to a grade school zone defense". And that's what it was, is and has been. Geno's landed those top 2 or 3 recruits who are head and shoulders above everyone else and it has him steam rolling to championships.
100% yes!!! Final Four games should not be twenty point blowouts.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is triangle and 2???

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
What is triangle and 2???
Two in man, and three in zone.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't Geno had mens coaching opportunities? He has to either have reservations about his abilities or be some kind of sick MF not try

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend and I were talking about the women's tourny the other day, and we came to the conclusion that it's not bad basketball per se, it's just that we are accustomed to a higher level of skill and it just isn't competitive. It might be watchable if you are watching a battle between two top 10 teams, and you weren't sure that the #2 ranked team was going to beat the #8 team by 20. I mean, could you imagine if two undefeated men's teams were in the championship?

It's just not enjoyable to watch when the skill level is below what you are used to and there is no competition. Hell, I even stop watching my favorite sports teams if they are blowing out a team because there's no point.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's bad basketball. There's more coherent play in an unorganized rec game.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Embiid declaring officially.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Embiid declaring officially.
He couldn't afford to stay another year. His back should heal just fine, but he can't risk any other injuries. #1 thing he needs to do starting pretty much right now is get strong. Especially his back muscles to help support his frame.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Shabazz Napier:
Quote:
"I don't feel student-athletes should get hundreds of thousands of dollars, but like I said, there are hungry nights that I go to bed and I'm starving," he said.
Meanwhile:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/sports/nca...viral/7455315/

Austin McBroom, Saint Louis University SG, feeds, clothes, and gets a haircut for a homeless dude on a random day off.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 04-09-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

shabazz is a liar or is too stupid to find the dining hall. either way, **** him.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
shabazz is a liar or is too stupid to find the dining hall. either way, **** him.
I wonder how his mom was able to afford travel to all of his games?