Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Go figure, Dickie V has Duke going to the Sweet 16.
Do you follow Southern Illinois at all?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

My Upsets
Davidson over Maryland
Winthrop over Notre Dame
Wright St. over Pitt
G. Washington over Vanderbilt
Xavier over Brigham Young
Long Beach over Tennessee
Albany over Virginia

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Do you follow Southern Illinois at all?
Yessir. Very good defensive team. Probably one of the best in the nation. Good front line with Falker and Shaw. Tatum is the best player in the MVC IMHO. Mullins and Young are solid as guards as well. Not a good scoring team, very low ppg average. Aren't explosive, run a half court offense and use up a ton of the shot clock. Just a fundamentally sound team that doesn't make mistakes on either end.

They'll be a tough win for any team who plays them b/c of their defense.

Why do you ask GB?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Florida over Kansas
Georgetown over Texas A&M

Florida over Georgetown...repeat

Upsets
Old Dominion over Butler, and Maryland
Georgia Tech over UNLV
VCU over Duke
Arkansas over USC
George Washington over Vanderbilt
Texas Tech over Boston College
Albany over Virginia
No way the dookies make a first round exit

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
My Upsets
Davidson over Maryland
Winthrop over Notre Dame
Wright St. over Pitt
G. Washington over Vanderbilt
Xavier over Brigham Young
Long Beach over Tennessee
Albany over Virginia
9 over 8's are not upsets in my opinion.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
No way the dookies make a first round exit
Why not? Can you tell me why there is "no way they lose in the first round"?

I think there is a very good chance they lose to VCU. You may be the biggest and most annoying Duke homer I've ever seen.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate predicting my team to lose. It's the worst part of the brackets. :(

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Quote:

I think there is a very good chance they lose to VCU. You may be the biggest and most annoying Duke homer I've ever seen.
We have the winningest coach in the history of the NCAA tonurament and thank you I take pride in being a homer.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I hate predicting my team to lose. It's the worst part of the brackets. :(
Not nessecary baby Ive got duke going all the way

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
We have the winningest coach in the history of the NCAA tonurament and thank you I take pride in being a homer.
And you make yourself look like a jackass as well. Congrats on that.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Midwest is easily the best. Then West and East are about even and then South obviously last.
I think the East is the toughest region actually.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A good chance eh sweetness? so does that mean the sig bet is on??

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yessir. Very good defensive team. Probably one of the best in the nation. Good front line with Falker and Shaw. Tatum is the best player in the MVC IMHO. Mullins and Young are solid as guards as well. Not a good scoring team, very low ppg average. Aren't explosive, run a half court offense and use up a ton of the shot clock. Just a fundamentally sound team that doesn't make mistakes on either end.

They'll be a tough win for any team who plays them b/c of their defense.

Why do you ask GB?
How close of a game would it be if they played Illinois?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
How close of a game would it be if they played Illinois?
Uh really close b/c both teams don't score a lot. You could say Illinois is almost a carbon copy of Southern Illinois, only better offensively but not as good defensively.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
A good chance eh sweetness? so does that mean the sig bet is on??
Only if ghettosermon is in it as well.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Only if ghettosermon is in it as well.
why him too?

BTW dickie V really isn't too big of Idiot having Duke go to the sweet 16. Look at their potential road to the sweet 16. Also, don't forget who's coaching them. I expect 1 thing from Duke in this tournament, a moster showing by McRoberts. He was sooo pissed after the NCST loss and head will roll. Dukes downfall could be terrible play by Henderson, he could be shook up still from the NC incident and I don't know if he wil handle the Limelight well. Hopefully I'm wrong about that one, or Duke dosen't stand a chance in the tourney.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Uh really close b/c both teams don't score a lot. You could say Illinois is almost a carbon copy of Southern Illinois, only better offensively but not as good defensively.
If you look back through this thread you'll find that about a month and a half ago I said I could see Illinois in the Sweet 16.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished my Yahoo bracket. I acctually don't have a single #1 seed getting to the Final 4.

If you are a fan of either of those teams, don't feel bad, I'm ussually pretty bad at filling out March brackets.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not nessecary baby Ive got duke going all the way
From now on, I will address you as Professor jagsfreak27, Master in the Art of Bracketology.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I just finished my Yahoo bracket. I acctually don't have a single #1 seed getting to the Final 4.

If you are a fan of either of those teams, don't feel bad, I'm ussually pretty bad at filling out March brackets.
I've got two, Florida and Kansas.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
They got blown out by South Carolina and Ole Miss.
They beat Uk, Ok state, Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas Texas, LSU, Texas tech, and vanderbelt...Not too shabby.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished my NFLDC bracket...

My Sweet 16:Florida, Maryland, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kansas, Illinois, Pittsburgh (beating VCU in round 2), UCLA, UNC, Texas, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Ohio State, Virginia, A&M, Nevada.

Elite 8:Florida, Oregon, Kansas, UCLA, UNC, Georgetown, Ohio St., A&M.

Final 4:Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, Ohio St.

Finals:Kansas, Georgetown

Champ:Kansas
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
If you look back through this thread you'll find that about a month and a half ago I said I could see Illinois in the Sweet 16.
Eh we'll see. We really miss Jamar Smith and Brian Carwell right now depth wise, just as you miss Butch on your front line.

I don't want to say I'm just happy because we made it, but it's such a relief to get in. It'll be tough though to get to the Sweet 16, very tough.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Just finished my NFLDC bracket...

My Sweet 16:Florida, Maryland, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kansas, Illinois, Pittsburgh (beating VCU in round 2), UCLA, UNC, Texas, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Ohio State, Virginia, A&M, Nevada.

Elite 8:Florida, Oregon, Kansas, UCLA, UNC, Georgetown, Ohio St., A&M.

Final 4:Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, Ohio St.

Finals:Kansas, Georgetown

Champ:Kansas
Do not lose faith in your dookies Yoda. Now is the time for opptimism.

they get smoked.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, no Syracuse... They were gonna be my sleeper in this tourney too...