Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
danman253

This one is not over yet...
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still have a shot...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stop here, and a bucket, and i'll be happy and have hope
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
danman253

Carolina is taking some dumb shots
Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need a stop sooo bad
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Close enough, within 5, I'll take it at this point. Man, with Oden during Big Ten play, we're going to have a lot of versatility

Follow Me on Twitter!
danman253

88-83, close one
Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
My question is, OSU's strength seems to be outside beyond 3 point range. With Oden and the change of style (going from more perimeter oriented to a little more post oriented, although Oden's biggest impact will be on the defensive end). With that hamper with their offense? They don't look inside hardly at all right now.

I still want to see these teams play like an Illinois "type" team that slows it down, limits possessions, and plays hard D. I don't think we'll beat the Buckeyes this year, but it'll be interesting to see how they'll do against a slower game.

Great game though, I will say that. Talent all over the court. And danman, UNC is not going to committ defensively. In the past 5 years, they've never been known for defense, and that's going to kill them. Can't outscore everyone all the time because offense comes and goes, but defense is always there if you have intensity.
They did it 2 years ago...

Anyway, this team has so much depth and young talent. Reminds me a lot of '95 Arkansas.
They played ok defense, but it's still an offense oriented program. Right now they have the talent to overcome a lack of D but in conference, that ain't gonna happen.

UNC has no help side D. You can penetrate on them all day long and get to the hoop. That's where Hansborough has to be a man in the middle and flatten guys who enter the paint. I will say that niether KU or UF look as good as these two teams though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man UNC is gay.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
DChess
All-Pro

we're done
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
danman253

Ellington is gonna be something special. Next Felton
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess
remember when osu was ranked #1 in both bball and football. oh yeah thats actually right now
not N E more. :D

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
man UNC is cool.
Don't go around the censor.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
man UNC is cool.
Don't go around the censor.
mmmmmmk

they get smoked.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nothing even like Felton. He'll be special, though.

But Ohio State surprised me. They have gritty guys down low, slashers, and a ton of three-point range. Once they get Oden, boy will it be fun to watch.

As for UNC, well, they're not as impressive as I'd expect from a Roy Williams-coached team. It seems like he's just randomly throwing guys on the court to shoot wild shots and eventually count on Hansbrough's determination to get them going. I think his style of play is going to eventually hurt them. Some great prospects on both teams, however.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lawson reminds me more of Felton.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Yeah Lawson > Ellington.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:

But Ohio State surprised me. They have gritty guys down low, slashers, and a ton of three-point range. Once they get Oden, boy will it be fun to watch.

As for UNC, well, they're not as impressive as I'd expect from a Roy Williams-coached team. It seems like he's just randomly throwing guys on the court to shoot wild shots and eventually count on Hansbrough's determination to get them going. I think his style of play is going to eventually hurt them. Some great prospects on both teams, however.
Well when a team can go 12 deep it's going to be difficult this early on to find the right rotations. They have more talent and depth as any team in the country though and it's going to win them a ton of games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
100% right. Lawson is actually better than Felton at the same point in their careers I feel. Felton seemed a little more raw and a little less talented than Lawson is. I'm not sure who Ellington reminds me of yet but he is as pure a shooter as they come.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why it's such a revelation. ESPN has been saying Lawson is like Felton for some time now. I'll say that Lawson won't be as good as Felton though just because I love Felton.

But anyways, I forgot to talk about my guy Sean Williams. God I love his shot-blocking ability. If he can just keep his head on straight, he's going to be something.

As for UNC, I agree they have a ton of talent and depth, and they'll win a ton of games because they're UNC. But I was just talking about the here and now how I wasn't too impressed. Eventually, I'm sure they'll work it out (though I can envision not putting the right lineup on the floor hurting them at some critical point later on in the season).
Old 11-30-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Huggy Ball is starting early for Kansas State.....

Forward Luis Colon was kicked out for throwing a punch at Taylor Harrison during a 30 point blowout loss to Cal.

I'm excited to see Mizzou get their first real test tonight as they face up against Arkansas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080
Quote:
Quote:

Well when a team can go 12 deep it's going to be difficult this early on to find the right rotations. They have more talent and depth as any team in the country though and it's going to win them a ton of games.
I think that 12 men deep is going to hurt you more then help you. Because Roy is going to be obligated to use his bench, and that could disrupt rythmn. Illinois is about 8-9 guys deep, and I'll take it.

I still without question think you take the ACC though. Duke is down, Maryland is a good team but I don't think they'll win it, Georgia Tech is too inconsistent for my liking, and then it kinda falls off after that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080
Quote:
Quote:

I think that 12 men deep is going to hurt you more then help you. Because Roy is going to be obligated to use his bench, and that could disrupt rythmn. Illinois is about 8-9 guys deep, and I'll take it.

I still without question think you take the ACC though. Duke is down, Maryland is a good team but I don't think they'll win it, Georgia Tech is too inconsistent for my liking, and then it kinda falls off after that.
oh man i don't know duke may not be great yet, but you know coach K will make a run in the tourney when those guys get some expirance togther and GT is a pretty solid team too. ACC is most likely the best confrence.

they get smoked.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

My 2 teams played last night. Cincinnati goes to 5-1 after last nights victory over Oakland and Kansas State falls to 4-2 with a loss to Cal last night. Both teams imo are doing pretty good with the additions to 2 new coaches in their first year. Im not to sure in the future Mike Cronin of Cincinnati will be able to pull in the recruits Cincy has been getting in the last 10 years. And there is no doubt Huggins at Kansas State will always have good recruits coming in.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
My 2 teams played last night. Cincinnati goes to 5-1 after last nights victory over Oakland and Kansas State falls to 4-2 with a loss to Cal last night. Both teams imo are doing pretty good with the additions to 2 new coaches in their first year. Im not to sure in the future Mike Cronin of Cincinnati will be able to pull in the recruits Cincy has been getting in the last 10 years. And there is no doubt Huggins at Kansas State will always have good recruits coming in.
quit the huggins fan eh?

they get smoked.