Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McRoberts plays soft, and he is a big ninny. I see him as a very poor pro prospect. He's not very fast, he has no lateral quickness, I don't see him as a good help defender at the 4. He has an okay offensive game, and he's a plus passer. I also believe his upside is extremely limited. He has height, but he's not a powerful rebounder. I see him as an very weak pro prospect.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

after having seen jeff green play a few games in a row now, there is no question this kid is one of the most underrated talents in college ball right now. he does it all. kudos to JT3 for teaching him about every aspect of the game.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Green reminds me a lot of Shane Battier with a more explosive offensive game. I think he is probably the most underrated prospect in the draft. I would love for the Sixers to get a guy like that to play the 3/4 for them. He will make clutch shots, make the right pass, can defend most players on the floor, and he's an effort guy. I like him a lot as a current player and a future pro.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does the 'Dores and George town play??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friday night I think.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Friday 730 Eastern time.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Friday 730 Eastern time.
Can't wait for that game!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm waiting for the Memphis-Texas A&M game. I think that will prove to be the biggest battle of the Sweet 16. Also, the UCLA-Pitt game should be an ugly game, but a close one. UNC-USC also looks good.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm waiting for the Memphis-Texas A&M game. I think that will prove to be the biggest battle of the Sweet 16. Also, the UCLA-Pitt game should be an ugly game, but a close one. UNC-USC also looks good.
I wanted to see UNLV continue their run and knock off Oregon; I hate the Ducks!!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't hate the Ducks, but I like to see smaller conference schools make big runs. Why the heck not?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Quote:
WDJT-TV (Channel 58) announced the NCAA men's basketball games it will carry in the Milwaukee market on Thursday and Friday.

Thursday's games with tip-off times: Southern Illinois vs. Kansas (6:10 p.m.), followed by Tennessee vs. Ohio State (8:57 p.m.).

Friday's games: Butler vs. Florida (6:10 p.m.), followed by USC vs. North Carolina (8:57 p.m.).

Digital tier subscribers will have other games available to them on both nights.
Times are in Central, +1 for Eastern, -2 for Pacific.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picks for Thurs/Fri:

UNC over USC - I think this will be a tight game, but in the end, UNC has too many weapons for USC to handle. The mantra for USC is still wait for next year with Mayo and Jefferson, though, and getting this far was a good start.

Georgetown over Vanderbilt - Vandy's made a nice run, but I don't see them going any further. Georgetown's too talented all around and should be able to win this one as long as they have steady guard play.

Ohio State over Tennessee - If Tennessee's hot, this will be interesting, but if not, I think they are in trouble. The matchups aren't as bad as they look, as Chism could cause some problems for the Buckeyes.

Memphis over Texas A&M - Change of heart here. As good as Texas A&M is, I think Memphis is playing real well right now and may just be too deep for the Aggies to handle.

Florida over Butler - I think Butler plays them tough, but the road to the Final Four is still there for Florida's taking.

UNLV over Oregon - I'll finally jump on the UNLV wagon. Playing real well, and Kruger is coaching great. That said, I doubted Oregon for awhile ... and they are still around. Of course, I doubted UNLV as well.

So. Illinois over Kansas - I'll be an idiot and go for one big upset. As good as Kansas is, I think they can be beat, and So. Illinois might be able to harass them into mistakes. We'll know who wins this game early on, I think. If the tempo early is slow, then So. Illinois has a shot. If Kansas shoots out, I'll be surprised to see the Salukis come back.

Pittsburgh over UCLA - Alright, maybe I should've trusted my initial instincts. My initial instincts when the brackets came out was to pick Pittsburgh in this region, and then I talked myself out of it. While UCLA looks to be over their late season bump, I'll go back to my initial instinct and take Pittsburgh, although I think the matchups favor UCLA.

__________________________________________________ _______

Certainly was disappointing to see UVA lose, but it's the first time in awhile that we've been in the tournament, and it's a start in the right direction. Overall, it was a great year, considering the highs and lows that was experienced (horrible trip to Puerto Rico being the low), especially considering how the pundits doubted UVA in preseason. Future looks bright. We're still alive for Patrick Patterson, although it seems like, at best, we are the 4th horse in the race. That said, we return a deep roster, albeit, the losses are two big blows with JR Reynolds and Jason Cain. Of course, if Singletary leaves, this becomes a rebuilding year, but I'll take him at his word for now, especially since he's a borderline first ... at best. Diane should continue improving, and Laurynas should fill the role of Cain this past year. Tucker/Harris have had time to adjust, and along with Jeff Jones, Solomon Tat and Mustapha Farrakhan, one of them likely emerges (my guess is Tucker, with his outside shooting and size). Meyinsse is still growing, Zeglinksi gives us a backup point guard next year, Petinella gives us ...well, 5 fouls and lucky buckets, and Mike Scott should be a nice developmental guy. We should be picked as one of the favorites in the ACC next year and start the year in the top 25 ... assuming Singletary stays. If Patterson somehow ends up here, which I doubt as of now, that would certainly give us a better big man scoring option than available.

For the first time in awhile, our future is quite bright, and Leitao's getting good kids in recruiting. May not be the 5-star kids, but he's getting kids that may end up staying at UVA longer, making the program stronger.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jeff Green reminds me a lot of Shane Battier with a more explosive offensive game. I think he is probably the most underrated prospect in the draft. I would love for the Sixers to get a guy like that to play the 3/4 for them. He will make clutch shots, make the right pass, can defend most players on the floor, and he's an effort guy. I like him a lot as a current player and a future pro.

I think Green could be a bigger, albeit a less talented, version of Scottie Pippen as well.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
McRoberts would have been a lottery pick outta highschool, and after his freshman year too. He can go anytime he pleases.
I think Josh returns. He showed a bit more aggressiveness down the stretch, and a strong year next year, and suddenly he'll get mentioned as a top 10 option, whereas right now, he's a first rounder, but probably not in the upper echelon.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think Josh returns. He showed a bit more aggressiveness down the stretch, and a strong year next year, and suddenly he'll get mentioned as a top 10 option, whereas right now, he's a first rounder, but probably not in the upper echelon.
Definitely a 1st rounder but probably later lottery at best

Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im i the only one scared UNLV will beat Oregon thus ruining their Final FOur?

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McRoberts plays soft, and he is a big ninny. I see him as a very poor pro prospect. He's not very fast, he has no lateral quickness, I don't see him as a good help defender at the 4. He has an okay offensive game, and he's a plus passer. I also believe his upside is extremely limited. He has height, but he's not a powerful rebounder. I see him as an very weak pro prospect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QaT8WpgBw
That soft enough for you? He was on the All ACC defensive team and was part of one of the premire defensive ACC team in the NCAA.(not that defense really matters in the NBA) His passing is incredable for a bigman. His only knock in my opinion would be his unselfishness for the NBA.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UWGB up on top seeded UConn at the half.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QaT8WpgBw
That soft enough for you? He was on the All ACC defensive team and was part of one of the premire defensive ACC team in the NCAA.(not that defense really matters in the NBA) His passing is incredable for a bigman. His only knock in my opinion would be his unselfishness for the NBA.
McRoberts' passing is his one plus skill. Everything else he has is average. Average post moves, average speed, average shot selection and touch. He has decent intangibles and is a good locker room guy. He has an NBA body if he'd add 10 lbs, but that would just make him a lumbering kind of guy. I'm questioning his overall toughness. I don't see him mixing it up enough, getting in the mix. His rebounding totals are really not that good, especially on the offensive glass. I would not take McRoberts in a match against any legit NBA center because he'll be out-classed and out-toughed. McRoberts against Shaq? Please! Against Dwight Howard? No chance. Against a healthy Yao? Go home. Against Amare Stoudamire? Don't make me laugh. He will not be a success in the NBA. He's a nice player, but not a starter or anything more than a bench guy. That sounds like a late first/early second to me. Passing is mildly important in the NBA due to its one-on-one nature.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McRoberts' passing is his one plus skill. Everything else he has is average. Average post moves, average speed, average shot selection and touch. He has decent intangibles and is a good locker room guy. He has an NBA body if he'd add 10 lbs, but that would just make him a lumbering kind of guy. I'm questioning his overall toughness. I don't see him mixing it up enough, getting in the mix. His rebounding totals are really not that good, especially on the offensive glass. I would not take McRoberts in a match against any legit NBA center because he'll be out-classed and out-toughed. McRoberts against Shaq? Please! Against Dwight Howard? No chance. Against a healthy Yao? Go home. Against Amare Stoudamire? Don't make me laugh. He will not be a success in the NBA. He's a nice player, but not a starter or anything more than a bench guy. That sounds like a late first/early second to me. Passing is mildly important in the NBA due to its one-on-one nature.
Well it appears you have most NBA scouts and analysists outsmarted. Congrats. ( Altough it dosen't take too much knowledge to outsmart the NBA, afterall the NBA has very little to do with actual basketball)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This is my opinion. I've seen McRoberts play a lot. He is not a #1 scoring option. He has a plus skill that is undervalued in the NBA, especially from a big man. He has average skills, but he is a good player. He can probably give a team 10-15 minutes a game from the bench, but he doesn't rebound well for a big man. To me, he is a late first round pick.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Sidenote: your sig is fantastic...

Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sidenote: your sig is fantastic...
McRoberts is solid at rebounding, nothing special, but solid.

Why thank you. Doesn't it give you a big ol' boner? I know it does for me.

they get smoked.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Solid 7'2" college rebounders generally become mediocre NBA rebounders. If I draft a guy at 7'2", I'm hoping he'll guarantee me 10-12 boards a night. I don't think McRoberts is that kind of guy. I feel like he has a SF's game in the body of a center. Doesn't really bode well for him as a pro.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Your sig does not really give me wood, but it is pretty freakin' cool. I'll give you that...