Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Not really, Oden initiated the contact, leaned into the guy, it had to be called.
They lean into each other every time on the low block. That did not need to be called. Not in this type of game. You have to let it go there.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
They lean into each other every time on the low block. That did not need to be called. Not in this type of game. You have to let it go there.
Dude, just quiet down, if it looks like a foul, it will be called. It looked like a charge, and I believe it was a true charge, no flopping there...
Old 03-31-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, G-town can't make a shot...
Old 03-31-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, just quiet down, if it looks like a foul, it will be called. It looked like a charge, and I believe it was a true charge, no flopping there...
Ok man, so Green flies back 5 feet when Oden dips his shoulder down. That is a flop. Like it or not. You need to get your eyes checked if you don't think Green flopped there.

And don't tell me what to do. I'll call a BS flop if I want. I'm for Georgetown winning this game anyway, but I want to see a fairly called game.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Calls need to be consistent. Lewis hot contact on that drive and they didnt' call it.

I'd rather see them swallow the whistles and let them play. Georgetown is not moving at all on offense. OSU is not disciplined on D, so they need to take advantage of that by using a bunch of backscreens, backcuts, and screen and rolls. Because I see GT get wide open looks almost everytime down the floor if they run their Princeton offense.

Btw, there is really no atmosphere right now. Surprising for a Final 4.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Calls need to be consistent. Lewis hot contact on that drive and they didnt' call it.

I'd rather see them swallow the whistles and let them play. Georgetown is not moving at all on offense. OSU is not disciplined on D, so they need to take advantage of that by using a bunch of backscreens, backcuts, and screen and rolls. Because I see GT get wide open looks almost everytime down the floor if they run their Princeton offense.

Btw, there is really no atmosphere right now. Surprising for a Final 4.
I agree, some of the clear-fouls were no calls. Hibbert needs to stop standing near the perimeter, and start making cuts from there.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

This game is really boring.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This game is really boring.
Roger Wilco...
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it's not boring if you are as worried as i am. i mean i am confident but still anxious
Old 03-31-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Roger Wilco...
Ha! :D

Hopefully the 2nd half is much more exciting. Both teams look kind of inept. There's no atmosphere and it's also an extremely slow pace.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgetown needs to get the ball to Green!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i can't wait to see oden in the second half. he has been dominating second halfs for about 5 games now.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ohio State is not good on defense. Georgetown can eat them up all day if they run the Princeton.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Wow, OSU is so undisciplined on defense.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Wow, OSU is so undisciplined on defense.
No kidding. Thad may be a decent coach, but I personally think he's overrated. The guy just recruits like no other and that covers up his inability to teach defense. There is no reason to be that undisciplined on defense, no reason except for a lack of coaching.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are definitely underrating the Princeton offense. Ohio State is actually pretty solid on defense. If you want to talk about undisciplined defense, that'd be UNC. This is just an exhibition of what that kind of offense can do.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Wow, that was a charge... Very inconsistent officiating.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
You guys are definitely underrating the Princeton offense. Ohio State is actually pretty solid on defense. If you want to talk about undisciplined defense, that'd be UNC. This is just an exhibition of what that kind of offense can do.
Ohio State has not be disciplined all year long on defense. It's one thing to get beat on back cuts, but they consistley under rotate, they let guys get past them off the dribble, they go under screens, and they lose their mark a lot.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we haven't let the backdoor plays happen on us, we've been playing very good defensively all year.

Anyways, if G-Town doesn't turn it on soon, they are done. Once Hibbert comes back, they need to turn it back on. If not, it could be tOSU in the finals baby!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, that was a charge... Very inconsistent officiating.
Once the player is elevated, you can't move under him, it was a foul. Very close though, I'll agree with that.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Ohio State has not be disciplined all year long on defense. It's one thing to get beat on back cuts, but they consistley under rotate, they let guys get past them off the dribble, they go under screens, and they lose their mark a lot.
I think you underestimate our ability to get turnovers. Conley and the others are GREAT at creating turnovers and we usually convert on the offensive end (as seen by this game)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Once the player is elevated, you can't move under him, it was a foul. Very close though, I'll agree with that.
Yeah, at first sight it looked like a charge, but when they put that replay on, it was a block. Very, very close. Go G'Town, I got you in the finals!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I think you underestimate our ability to get turnovers. Conley and the others are GREAT at creating turnovers and we usually convert on the offensive end (as seen by this game)
3 or 4 of those GT turnovers were off of bad passes, bad decisions, and bad breaks. I realize you guys can get TO's, but GT was inept at the beginning of the game.

Ohio State guesses a lot as well. They'll try and jump the pass and they get beat a lot.

And that's the game I think. Jeff Green was nowhere to be found and Georgetown for some reason got complacent on offense. Bad coaching and a lack of star players stepping up for Georgetown.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Well game over. Looks like UF's gonna win another championship.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
3 or 4 of those GT turnovers were off of bad passes, bad decisions, and bad breaks. I realize you guys can get TO's, but GT was inept at the beginning of the game.

Ohio State guesses a lot as well. They'll try and jump the pass and they get beat a lot.

And that's the game I think. Jeff Green was nowhere to be found and Georgetown for some reason got complacent on offense. Bad coaching and a lack of star players stepping up for Georgetown.
Look at more than this game though. Look at during the year. We create turnovers.

And there is a reason Green hasn't done a whole lot. We've matched him up well and he's played against Hunter a lot which has been a better match-up than expected, OSU has won it.

Follow Me on Twitter!