Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
So, Jodie Meeks scored 27 points in the first quarter against Pikesville. He's such an animal.
College basketball is broken into halves
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
College basketball is broken into halves
You know what I meant, I've got NBA in my head at the moment.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunit2k7 View Post
its very possible he could be the #1 pick if he has a good season and good workouts. he is a similar player like a bargnani from what i understand. he has tremendous potential and will cause mismatches on defenders because he is a perimeter player more than a back to the basket player.
He's not going to be the #1 pick this year, it's just not going to happen. Not with Rose, Mayo, and Beasley in front of him. He's a special talent but unless Derrick Rose has a horrid season, he's almost a lock to go #1.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He's not going to be the #1 pick this year, it's just not going to happen. Not with Rose, Mayo, and Beasley in front of him. He's a special talent but unless Derrick Rose has a horrid season, he's almost a lock to go #1.
Also compared to other centers, I see DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert and Kevin Love all going ahead of him.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Cunit2k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Also compared to other centers, I see DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert and Kevin Love all going ahead of him.
they're all lottery picks. it might end up being based on need. like for instance i doubt a big man would be the first pick if a team like the blazers had the first pick (they probably wont). I just think it is possible he will be picked ahead of them because we have seen that players of his nature who play around the perimeter more than the paint have been very successful as of late a la dirk nowitzki, bargnani is looking nice, aldridge has good range, and yao. Back to the basket centers are lacking, its becoming more of a way to create mismatches by drawing bigger men out of the paint so they can beat them off the dribble. thats what i think may put him as a higher pick than the others.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunit2k7 View Post
they're all lottery picks. it might end up being based on need. like for instance i doubt a big man would be the first pick if a team like the blazers had the first pick (they probably wont). I just think it is possible he will be picked ahead of them because we have seen that players of his nature who play around the perimeter more than the paint have been very successful as of late a la dirk nowitzki, bargnani is looking nice, aldridge has good range, and yao. Back to the basket centers are lacking, its becoming more of a way to create mismatches by drawing bigger men out of the paint so they can beat them off the dribble. thats what i think may put him as a higher pick than the others.
while you're completely entitled to that opinion, i think you're horribly wrong. he looks slow to me and I just don't see his game as it is now translating to the NBA. He'll be lucky to be a top 10 pick, much less #1 overall. I don't believe I ever said anything about OSU having a bad year, but the Big-Televen isn't exactly a great basketball conference now. It's MSU and Indiana and then everyone else. Not exactly world-beaters. Why anyone would want to draft a slower Dirk without the insane accuracy, I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Chase Budinger gonna win the Naismith this year...yall know it. :)

On a different note...i cant wait to see Bayless and Horne hit the floor. Especially Bayless.
You probably should be watching James Harden and Jeff Pendergraf more because UofA will lose to ASU this year (finally).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I am shocked to see Olsen go. I wonder what happened.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3094359

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah that was surprising.I hope he is back very soon
Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, shocked to hear that today...I love Lute.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm so upset about the loss to Grand Valley State. Yes, it was an exibition but thats terrible, makes me think we won't compete with the bigs this year unless we step it up.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
I'm so upset about the loss to Grand Valley State. Yes, it was an exibition but thats terrible, makes me think we won't compete with the bigs this year unless we step it up.
Didn't you almost lose to them last year?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Hahahaha and Sparty followed it up with their annual gag job in football....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Didn't you almost lose to them last year?
*sighs* yea....

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:12 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Chase Budinger gonna win the Naismith this year...yall know it. :)

On a different note...i cant wait to see Bayless and Horne hit the floor. Especially Bayless.
Do you think Budinger can still win it without Olsen?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke manages to find themselves in the top 15 again for the polls, imagine that. First round exit and the loss of their best player (which isn't saying much). Awesome!

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to the Maui Invitational. I can't wait to see ASU up against Illinois. I think it will be a close game and I want ASU to beat Duke in that tournament. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

ASU will be tough. But I'm excited about it too, because I wanna beat the piss out of the Dookies.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Do you think Budinger can still win it without Olsen?
Yeah, Chase is a fantastic talent. I think he's going to go off this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Michigan St. really the best team in the Big 10? I keep trying to think of who will really challenge them. I like Indiana a little, but is Ohio State a threat to do that much again? Is Michigan any good? Wisconsin without Tucker? More info would be awesome.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Is Michigan St. really the best team in the Big 10? I keep trying to think of who will really challenge them. I like Indiana a little, but is Ohio State a threat to do that much again? Is Michigan any good? Wisconsin without Tucker? More info would be awesome.
For me, IU and MSU are 1a and 1b. Then comes Ohio State and then probably a mix of Illinois, Wisky, and Purdue. Then the rest of the Big 10.

So I'd rank the teams right now

1) Indiana (just because they haven't lost a game yet, haha)
2) Michigan State
3) Ohio State
4) Illinois
5) Wisconsin
6) Purdue
7) Penn State
8) Michigan
9) Iowa
10) Northwestern
11) Minnesota

*The last three teams will be god awful this season IMO

*4-6 are interchangable right now....And I'll be doing an Illini Basketball Preview write up here shortly to give others some info on our team.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks. I look forward to reading your review and preview there.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Are there any other Atlantic 10 BBall fans out there? I'm a GW fan. It would be cool to chat about the league with someone else.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Are there any other Atlantic 10 BBall fans out there? I'm a GW fan. It would be cool to chat about the league with someone else.
GW's team sucks this year. 15-18 win team IMO. I think Dayton will win it this year with Brian Roberts. St. Joes will be pretty good with Nivins and Calathes, Xavier I think will finish 2nd. They have Stanley Burrell, CJ Anderson, Drew Lavender and Lidell, Mo Rice is a good scorer but they don't have enough depth or experience.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 11-05-2007 at 04:19 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I can't say for sure what to expect with GW because they're so young. They've lost 4 starters each of the last two seasons and have graduated 5 1000 point scorers (Pinnock, Mensah-Bonsu, Hall, Williams, and Elliott). Maurice Rice is back as the central scorer, but there are 5 freshmen and 2 transfers coming in this season. Hobbs has a lot of work to do to get his team ready. They have a long way to go.