Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's between Dayton and Xavier IMO, GW will finish around 5th in the conference I think.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
For me, IU and MSU are 1a and 1b. Then comes Ohio State and then probably a mix of Illinois, Wisky, and Purdue. Then the rest of the Big 10.

So I'd rank the teams right now

1) Indiana (just because they haven't lost a game yet, haha)
2) Michigan State
3) Ohio State
4) Illinois
5) Wisconsin
6) Purdue
7) Penn State
8) Michigan
9) Iowa
10) Northwestern
11) Minnesota

*The last three teams will be god awful this season IMO

*4-6 are interchangable right now....And I'll be doing an Illini Basketball Preview write up here shortly to give others some info on our team.

The Gophers will suck, but I dont think we are the worst in the conference. We wont be good by any means, but we are returning our four leading scorers. I'm a Gophers fan, so take this with a grain of salt.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's between Dayton and Xavier IMO, GW will finish around 5th in the conference I think.
Dayton isn't that good. Xavier is the odds-on favorite, but St. Joe's is always a threat. St. Louis has good talent and good guard-play, so they're a threat as well. I also think Jim Barron is doing an excellent job at Rhode Island. We'll see what LaSalle can do.

GW has a ton of talent, but their chemistry is the biggest question mark. If Hobbs can get them playing together and playing to the max of their abilities, they should contend. I think they can get a first round bye in the A-10 tournament (top 4 seed). I'm not expecting anything out of this season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Roberts is far and away the best scorer in the conference, I don't think you can rule them out.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota will be a bottom 3 team, so I just kinda threw those 3 together. Personally, I think Northwestern will be the worst, followed by Iowa. The Hawkeyes lose both Smith and Haluska and didn't bring in much talent at all in recruiting. Minnesota will suck again though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said Dayton wouldn't contend. My discussion there basically said that Xavier was the clear favorite, with several other teams (Dayton, UMass, Rhode Island, St. Louis, GW, St. Joe's) in the running to fill out the top. The A-10 should be improved this season, but they're likely still a 1-2 bid league.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I never said Dayton wouldn't contend. My discussion there basically said that Xavier was the clear favorite, with several other teams (Dayton, UMass, Rhode Island, St. Louis, GW, St. Joe's) in the running to fill out the top. The A-10 should be improved this season, but they're likely still a 1-2 bid league.
Yeah only way I see them getting a 2nd bid is if a team like Xavier gets 23-25ish wins in the regular season but loses the automatic bid in the conference tourny.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You never know. Dayton could sneak in as an at-large. Rhodey and UMass also have solid OOC schedules. Still, the A-10 has been down for so long, they don't have the rep to pull others in. Xavier needs to carry the conference for now. Teams like GW have to improve their OOC scheduling to help everyone else, as well.

Of course, I've been calling for St. Bonaventure and Duquense to be booted out of the conference for years. Horrible dead weight teams...

Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And I'll be doing an Illini Basketball Preview write up here shortly to give others some info on our team.
Don't waste your time, no one wants to hear about the Big Ten bottom dwellers :p

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Big 10 is a week conference.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed Syracuse's exhibition game, Im pissed.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
I missed Syracuse's exhibition game, Im pissed.
Paul Harris is one of my fave players in the country.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paul Harris is one of my fave players in the country.
He definitely has alot of potential, cant wait to watch him this year.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
He definitely has alot of potential, cant wait to watch him this year.
One guy I hate though is Eric Devendorf, he was so overrated coming out of oak hill. He's a solid college player but no NBA potential IMO. It does hurt like crazy however losing Demetrius Nichols, Darryl Watkins, and Roberts, as well as Andy Rautins to that nasty American games injury.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
One guy I hate though is Eric Devendorf, he was so overrated coming out of oak hill. He's a solid college player but no NBA potential IMO. It does hurt like crazy however losing Demetrius Nichols, Darryl Watkins, and Roberts, as well as Andy Rautins to that nasty American games injury.
I love Devendorf, his "attitude" and ability to make you say wow. Yeah I thought if there was a year to get to a Championship, it was last year. But this year is all based on potential. I hear Flynn and Green are looking good though. I want to get Boehiem one more Title as his years are limited, age wise.

Flynn-Devendorf-Harris-Green-Onuaku. Not too bad, just need guys to step up.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to go see a USC game or two but I won't be able to anymore
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't know if this was mentioned yet but, the preseason all-american team was announced:

tyler hansborough (forward, UNC)
Roy Hibbert (center, georgetown)
Chris Lofton (guard, Tennessee)
Drew Neitzel (guard, MSU)
Darren Collison (guard, UCLA)

I'm a big darren collison fan, he's fast and plays lockdown defense. I'd like to see him take control of the offense more and be able to drive and dish more effectively.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
don't know if this was mentioned yet but, the preseason all-american team was announced:

I'm a big darren collison fan, he's fast and plays lockdown defense. I'd like to see him take control of the offense more and be able to drive and dish more effectively.
I'm not impressed with that list but that goes to show you the lack of quality seniors in college basketball right now
Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

I agree with all of those as their stats will warrant it, but only Hibbert and Collison are legit lottery prospects. Lofton and Neitzel can carve out solid NBA careers with their niche's Lofton's shooting especially, while Hansborough can be the next Mark Madsen, Matt Bonner, Brian Scalabrine, etc...

Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Would anyone care to argue against the fact that it appears the best basketball this year will be played out West. Arizona, UCLA, USC, Washington State, Oregon, Cal, Arizona State, and Gonzaga are all very strong teams
Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill should be a great area for Bball aside from the west coast.

And Devendorf is a poor man's JJ Redick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Are there any other Atlantic 10 BBall fans out there? I'm a GW fan. It would be cool to chat about the league with someone else.
I like Duquesne, though not a hardcore fan. I knew the old coach personally, followed them more then.

And I hope the Buckeyes are competitive this year, though next year will be us stepping it up again.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

It's going to be a rough year for Gardner-Webb. After going 9-21 last year, their top scorer, G Ricky McPhee transferred to Georgia. This team only has one senior on the whole roster and he's a 6'4" Forward.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill should be a great area for Bball aside from the west coast.

And Devendorf is a poor man's JJ Redick
Yeah, but Devendorf is badass.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Anyone else think that we could potentially see an all freshmen All-American team? Guys like Mayo, Rose, Beasley, DeAndre Jordan, and Eric Gordon could all make it