Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Hmmm, I'm not buying UConn...They've struggled to beat a couple of mediocre teams...Louisville and Indiana are playing real well right now, despite their struggles early. Homer
We're winning down the stretch and that's what matters. In the past when we had more talented teams we would lose the DePaul/USF games if we didn't blow them out, but now we've overcome every type of adversity we can face. I'm not a homer like you because you don't see me saying "oh, we're the best at this and this...and I don't make up 2000 excuses for everything". All I did was make the simple statement that we've won 10 games in a row against some outstanding opponents in the Big East, and we've beaten 2 teams from your top 10 list. A team as hot as UCONN should be in the top 10 no matter what you think. We've only had 1 bad loss all year and that was the Providence game.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We're winning down the stretch and that's what matters. In the past when we had more talented teams we would lose the DePaul/USF games if we didn't blow them out, but now we've overcome every type of adversity we can face. I'm not a homer like you because you don't see me saying "oh, we're the best at this and this...and I don't make up 2000 excuses for everything". All I did was make the simple statement that we've won 10 games in a row against some outstanding opponents in the Big East, and we've beaten 2 teams from your top 10 list. A team as hot as UCONN should be in the top 10 no matter what you think. We've only had 1 bad loss all year and that was the Providence game.
And yet you still call me homer, despite the fact that you haven't brought up any points to support your statement that Memphis/Tennessee was better than Kansas

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
And yet you still call me homer, despite the fact that you haven't brought up any points to support your statement that Memphis/Tennessee was better than Kansas
Look, Memphis is the only undefeated team in the country and they'll be the best team in the country until someone beats them.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Kansas would have taken care of business in every game so far like Memphis you would have an argument.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Look, Memphis is the only undefeated team in the country and they'll be the best team in the country until someone beats them.
I'm in no way arguing that Kansas should be ranked #1 ahead of Memphis, I just think Kansas is a better team than Memphis

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'm in no way arguing that Kansas should be ranked #1 ahead of Memphis, I just think Kansas is a better team than Memphis
To each his own, even though I think you are underestimating Memphis.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't have to. Common sense indicates that Memphis is the #1 team because they are undefeated despite playing a tough non-conference schedule...and they have the talent to back it up. If Tennessee beats them, then Tennessee takes over because they beat the best. If Memphis wins, they only strengthen their case for #1. Kansas no longer controls their own destiny...they blew their chances.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

UCONN with another terrible start but coming back....what else is new?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

For the Indiana fans, who are the rumored coaches you all are going after? I know of Alford already, but I heard another interesting name being thrown out there in the last day or two.

I'm not going to be a rumor monger and say it if the rumor is false, so I am wondering what you guys are hearing?
Old 02-23-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Kansas still the best team in the country ad? haha
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana - Names I'm hearing... Scott Skiles, Bruce Pearl, Travis Ford, Kevin Stallings, Alford, Mike Brey. That's just among some IU fans and in the press, there's plenty of others.

Kansas - Can't believe they lost. On paper they have to be the best, most balanced team in the country IMO. I'm starting to wonder if there could end up being some truth to the Danny Manning taking over rumors.

Kentucky just keeps winning, it's all we can do. Beat Ole Miss on Wednesday and we've got a pretty strong resume. Lunardi said he thought if we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss it would put us back in.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Is Kansas still the best team in the country ad? haha
Are they the #1 team as indicated by the polls? No, of course not. But do I still think they're the best team in the nation? Yes. Our three loses are attributed to three different flukes...when we start having a consist weakness, then I'll worry

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Kansas - Can't believe they lost. On paper they have to be the best, most balanced team in the country IMO. I'm starting to wonder if there could end up being some truth to the Danny Manning taking over rumors.
Where in God's name have you heard that...Self has said he's not leaving, and why would we fire him when we're 24-3...Also, if Self were to leave, why would we hire an assistant coach who has been coaching for 1 year...Calipari seems like the heir apparent if Self leaves

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never seen a guard get away with more pushing then Byron Eaton.My god on the Dove 3 pointer he threw one of the guards to the ground
Old 02-23-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where in God's name have you heard that...Self has said he's not leaving, and why would we fire him when we're 24-3...Also, if Self were to leave, why would we hire an assistant coach who has been coaching for 1 year...Calipari seems like the heir apparent if Self leaves
I heard the Self/Ok St. rumors and obviously I shrugged them off because why would he leave. Then I heard some in the know Kansas fans saying that they felt if Self doesn't get it done this year with all those Seniors and solid young guys that their first son, Manning, may be given the reigns. Doubtful it happens but I know how much those Kansas fans/administration like Manning.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Sutton bought himself another year 3 straight wins vs Baylor, A&M and Kansas
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A classic bill self choke job. What's new? Kansas needs to start shooting from the perimeter better if they hope to go deep.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I think Sutton bought himself another year 3 straight wins vs Baylor, A&M and Kansas
Yeah I'm surprised how they've come on. They're saying Boone Pickens (MASSIVE booster for OSU, donated over $150 million... Oil money) wants someone new in there so the politics of it all may get involved.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Indiana - Names I'm hearing... Scott Skiles, Bruce Pearl, Travis Ford, Kevin Stallings, Alford, Mike Brey. That's just among some IU fans and in the press, there's plenty of others.

Kentucky just keeps winning, it's all we can do. Beat Ole Miss on Wednesday and we've got a pretty strong resume. Lunardi said he thought if we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss it would put us back in.
None of them are the names of the coach it has now been verified they contacted.

I know two coaches are at the top of their list and Alford is one of them.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

Gotta give this Memphis crowd credit. It sounds better than any UNC/Duke game I can remember. Great atmosphere for a game.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Bruce Pearl totally copped a feel on Erin Andrews...but how can you blame him?? She's amazingly gorgeous.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Bruce Pearl totally copped a feel on Erin Andrews...but how can you blame him?? She's amazingly gorgeous.
Bruce Pearl is the ******* man.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Gotta give this Memphis crowd credit. It sounds better than any UNC/Duke game I can remember. Great atmosphere for a game.
It's good out there, but let's not get carried away. It's probably better than a UNC crowd though.

I like how UConn and Kansas lost after being hyped up here. lol
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pft. The only reason Dukie crowds seem so great is because they squeeze 9k into a sardine can and put the student section in the TV view.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
It's also a smaller stadium I believe.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote