Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Miller (Xavier) for Coach of the Year...

I know it sounds backwards to not award a college coach for bringing in great players but Calipari/Pearl's teams were expected to do well. Xavier is rolling through a A10 schedule that is no push over (as well as a win over Indiana, @Kent St.) and they lost two good seniors last year. Just great balance, very well coached team. It'd be a shame if Indiana doesn't give him a shot.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Sean Miller (Xavier) for Coach of the Year...

I know it sounds backwards to not award a college coach for bringing in great players but Calipari/Pearl's teams were expected to do well. Xavier is rolling through a A10 schedule that is no push over (as well as a win over Indiana, @Kent St.) and they lost two good seniors last year. Just great balance, very well coached team. It'd be a shame if Indiana doesn't give him a shot.
I can agree with that, I was just throwing out 2 names that I thought deserved it more...I honestly want Painter to win it, I don't think there's a more surprising team, and they start 4 freshmen, but at the very least he should get Big10 COY
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Pearl and Calipari deserve coach of the year over Ryan...Ryan isn't even having the best "coaching" year in the Big Ten, Painter deserves it more
Memphis and Tennessee were supposed to be great. Had Memphis gone undefeated I'd say Calipari no question, but now the weakness of the conference does come into play. The Badgers lost their two best players in Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor who accounted for around 50% of our offense last year. We weren't supposed to be in the top 4 of the Big Ten let a lone win it. Also take a look at the rosters. Tennessee and Memphis have stars and first round picks. Wisconsin plays as a team and none of the players will be drafted. I think we're an even better team than we were last season.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Memphis and Tennessee were supposed to be great. Had Memphis gone undefeated I'd say Calipari no question, but now the weakness of the conference does come into play. The Badgers lost their two best players in Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor who accounted for around 50% of our offense last year. We weren't supposed to be in the top 4 of the Big Ten let a lone win it. Also take a look at the rosters. Tennessee and Memphis have stars and first round picks. Wisconsin plays as a team and none of the players will be drafted. I think we're an even better team than we were last season.
idk I would still argue both should get it over Ryan, but there is also the argument that you just made which is completely valid...I guess it's just the fact that I can't give national coach of the year to a coach who shouldn't even win his conference coach of the year
Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Painter and Ryan are getting it done, either one would be deserving. I didn't know much about Wisconsin coming into this year but with Tucker/Taylor gone I thought they weren't going to make the tournament. Neither of them are going against the best schedules (Memphis' schedule is harder than both) but it's not like they're loaded either.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
First, Indiana is in no way ahead of Wisconsin. Unless we have an extreme let up and drop one to Penn State or Northwestern we have at least a share of the Big Ten title and we beat Indiana twice. None of those Big East teams are ahead of us yet. Either Georgetown or Louisville will be knocked out no matter what because they play each other. If Georgetown wins out they'll be ahead of us, but they'd have to beat Marquette, Louisville and the Big East tourny. Kansas will probably be knocked out of a 2 seed when they lose in the Big 12 touny.

In no order the one and two seeds:
Memphis
UCLA
Duke
Tennesse
UNC
Texas
Wisconsin
Stanford/Georgetown/Kansas

There's a strong possibility we're a two seed. Also Bo Ryan should be coach of the year.
Wisconsin over Kansas...I want what you're smoking

Scenario: Kansas loses in Big 12 Tourney=#2 seed
Kansas wins Big 12 Tourney=#1 seed

Get off the crack pipe

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post

Get off the crack pipe
Then Texas isn't a 2 seed. Kansas still has to get past Kansasa State and Texas A&M too. Also Duke still has to play UNC and Stanford has to play UCLA. Wisconsin getting a 2 seed is a lot more likely than you think.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calipari is a joke of a coach. He has an insane amount of talent around him that makes him look good. But watch that Tennessee game over again, he was out of his league. It's helps having Rose, Dozier, Dorsey, Roberts, Kemp, etc...They are loaded.

Pearl is a good coach but he's a sleaze.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post

Get off the crack pipe
Wisconsin has lost to Duke on the road, Marquette, and Purdue(x2)

They've beaten Texas on the road, Indiana(x2), Michigan State

Assuming they'll win their last two games they'll finish 16-2 in conference and be 26-4 overall

Kansas is very skilled but they have their bad bumps in the road and you need to stop with the big hometwon bias.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Patrick Patterson out for the year with a stress fracture in his foot.

Shoot me in the face we're screwed. If we even manage to limp into the post season it'll be another 1st or 2nd round exit, I felt with him we could make a Sweet 16/Elite 8 run which I didn't feel the past two seasons.

This year sucks. We're definetely screwed in Knoxville.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Calipari is a joke of a coach. He has an insane amount of talent around him that makes him look good. But watch that Tennessee game over again, he was out of his league. It's helps having Rose, Dozier, Dorsey, Roberts, Kemp, etc...They are loaded.

Pearl is a good coach but he's a sleaze.
big game on sunday sweetness ;)

IMO, Wisconsin either needs to win out, including the tournament, if they want a #2 seed...if they don't win the tournament, they need to hope Stanford doesn't win their tournament because that would likely give them a 2 seed

#1: Memphis, Tennesee, UNC, Kansas/Texas (Unless neither wins the tourny, then UCLA)
#2: Kansas/Texas, UCLA, Duke...those are pretty much the only "sure things",

the last spot could go to Stanford, Georgetown, Wisconsin, or possibly even Indiana if one of them teams win their tournaments and the others don't...right now, Wisconsin has to look the best, but if Stanford wins theirs I think they get it over Wisconsin...but Wisconsin has to win out for sure if they want a 2 seed
Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Universtiy of Louisville finally playing to their potential. its about dam time.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ans0303/2.html

good read on how ridiculously sleazy some fans can be, I will never for the life of me understand how fans of a sports team can wish/threaten physical harm on players from an opposing team, especially for something like choosing their school over yours
Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Wisconsin has lost to Duke on the road, Marquette, and Purdue(x2)

They've beaten Texas on the road, Indiana(x2), Michigan State

Assuming they'll win their last two games they'll finish 16-2 in conference and be 26-4 overall

Kansas is very skilled but they have their bad bumps in the road and you need to stop with the big hometwon bias.
I think you're being biased. Kansas has one more win, one less loss, a higher RPI rating, a slightly tougher strength of schedule, a better record against the RPI Top 50, and a better record against the RPI Top 100. If Kansas loses one of their last 3 games or loses early in the Big XII tournament (combined with a good showing by Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament), then maybe Wisconsin has an argument.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I think you're being biased. Kansas has one more win, one less loss, a higher RPI rating, a slightly tougher strength of schedule, a better record against the RPI Top 50, and a better record against the RPI Top 100. If Kansas loses one of their last 3 games or loses early in the Big XII tournament (combined with a good showing by Wisconsin in the Big Ten tournament), then maybe Wisconsin has an argument.
I was simply pointing out that it is much closer than what adschofield assumes. The Badgers have played some damn good ball this year and should not be overlooked. To say Kansas is by far a better team than Wisconsin is just BS and has no evidence. I wasn't making a claim for the Badgers to be the seed over Kansas, I was pointing out that it's alot closer than what has been given credit.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

enh. the badgers aren't a #2 right now. and some things would have to go their way for it to happen. but, it could happen. they're playing very well right now.

edit. wow, 5,000 posts. i rule. kinda.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=3269294

More of what makes my boy awesome. His perspective on life and outlook on things in general is terrific.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

congrats on #5000
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tyrese Rice is going off against UNC 34 in the half!!!!!
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm sick of Gus Johnson. The ridiculous oversell has worn out on me.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Wow, Marquette just threw away a big win against Georgetown. Pathetic.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthealley View Post
Tyrese Rice is going off against UNC 34 in the half!!!!!
That is nuts!!! UNC has a chance to be #1 but they could be giving it away

Old 03-01-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

UNC isn't giving anything away. Tyrese Rice is simply goin' nuts today. When someone is as hot as he is, you almost have to sit back and enjoy it because their isn't much you can do about it.

Lawson needs to come in and take it right at him. He needs to test out his ankle and he needs to see if he can pick up a couple of cheap ones on Tyrese. So far, he has done squat besides a couple good passes in his time on the court.

But here they come ..
Old 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Ty looks like he is breaking in his ankle right now. Playing Tyrese right in his chest and doing a great job on him right now. Nice blow by as well.

Incredible game. If anyone isn't watching this, I'd tune to ABC right now.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wish belein would have left a year earlier

we would have beasley and walker for sure

and had a great shot to get 2 home state players in mayo and patterson

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote