Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthealley View Post
No denying that they're a good team, they just don't impress me very much whenever I watch them.
It's because they dont play defense very well.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, one thing I criticize is that they seem to lack any semblance of a scheme and just do whatever.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas>Everyone else

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Kansas>Everyone else
Besides Texas IMO.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Kansas>Everyone else
Uh-Oh dude, last time you started this Kansas lost a couple. You might wanna be wary...
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthealley View Post
I don't think UNC deserves to be number 1, but perhaps my hatred for them is clouding my judgement.
I'm a Heels fan and I agree with you. Maybe if they played some type of defense, I'd have them up there. It's a damn shame Frasor went down. He's a very good backup to Lawson. Speaking of which.....it'd be nice to have that little bugger back full time for the Duke game.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conference Tournaments start today! 12 days until Selection Sunday!

Capital One Bowl Week is not the most wonderful time of the year, it's March Madness!

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Conf. Tourneys start today? The vols still have two regular season games left.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SidneyG
Rookie

SidneyG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Am I the only who feels like John Thompson III is ruining Georgetown by not running more ? They are winning close games true enough but it seems as if the are winning games on blown or questonable calls. He is running that Princeton offense which got the team to the Final Four last year but with the athletes he has at his disposal ( Freeman, Wright, Summers, Macklin etc) Imean these guys can run. Actually the only guy who is illl suited to an up tempo offense is Hibbert. However he could rebound get a good outlet pass out and make his way down the floor so that if the break is not there they could have the offense flow through him either on the low block where he can use his size or put him at the top of the key and run there normal sets and take advantage of his passing skills. I love the Hoyas and go back to the days of Big Sky Shelton and Bay Bay Duran so it kills me to seee a team this talented with these kind of atheletes play this way. Not to mention that it could hurt recruiting in the future I mean most kids probably would want toplay with a team that runs at least some of the time . I am sure a guy like Summers is extremly frustrated. I went to high school with JTIII and would like to see him do well but this seems a terrible wast of talent.
SidneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kansas>Everyone else

Lets see if they can come through in the tourney for once.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down goes Purdue! Unless we **** up a game against Penn State or Northwestern (haha) that means the Big Ten title's coming to Madison.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Down goes Purdue! Unless we **** up a game against Penn State or Northwestern (haha) that means the Big Ten title's coming to Madison.
Purdue is a good young team, I don't think they will go far in the tourny but are looking good for the next couple years....and I still think Painter deserves Big10 COY

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Purdue is a good young team, I don't think they will go far in the tourny but are looking good for the next couple years....and I still think Painter deserves Big10 COY

I dont think theres any doubt that Painter deserves Coach of the Year. Most people knew Purdue would be good eventually, but he has really done a great job speeding up the learning curve for a lot of these guys.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Wildcats would run more plays for Beasley where's he up at the top of the key and given the option to drive and either kick or score. Too often they're actually treating him like a Center on offense when they should be taking advantage of the mismatch. Solid showing by him, in any case.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyG View Post
Am I the only who feels like John Thompson III is ruining Georgetown by not running more ? They are winning close games true enough but it seems as if the are winning games on blown or questonable calls. He is running that Princeton offense which got the team to the Final Four last year but with the athletes he has at his disposal ( Freeman, Wright, Summers, Macklin etc) Imean these guys can run. Actually the only guy who is illl suited to an up tempo offense is Hibbert. However he could rebound get a good outlet pass out and make his way down the floor so that if the break is not there they could have the offense flow through him either on the low block where he can use his size or put him at the top of the key and run there normal sets and take advantage of his passing skills. I love the Hoyas and go back to the days of Big Sky Shelton and Bay Bay Duran so it kills me to seee a team this talented with these kind of atheletes play this way. Not to mention that it could hurt recruiting in the future I mean most kids probably would want toplay with a team that runs at least some of the time . I am sure a guy like Summers is extremly frustrated. I went to high school with JTIII and would like to see him do well but this seems a terrible wast of talent.
They could definetely afford to run more but not too much. A team like Memphis or UT won't last till the end in March because it's way easier to slow a game down than it is to speed it up. The recruits want to run but if you're winning they'll look past it. Thompson needs to realize with that talent you don't need to slow the game down.

I think Kansas has the ideal style of play. Tough defense, run when you get the chance but can also play in the half court. Luckily Gillispie is a spawn of Self so I think UK will be in that group once we get more athletic and bring in some scorers.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Go Vols, beat Florida!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UK gets USC on their senior night, Joe Crawford (35 huge points) and Ramel Bradley combined for 55 of our 71 points. Absolutely clutch, can't say enough about what Coach Gillispie has done with this team.

New RPI of 47, if/when we beat Florida Sunday we're in the tournament.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Singleteary tries his little heart ou tby shooting 30 crappy shots a game. How cute.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Damn Florida has come out on fire. Oddly enough this reminds me of the game me and my best friend played in 2k8 last night were I ended up losing by 16. Hopefully real-life will end up a little better.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Is Florida running on you all? For their case I'd hope not, they won't have a chance in the second half if they are.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Is Florida running on you all? For their case I'd hope not, they won't have a chance in the second half if they are.
Not really, theyre just making all of their shots. 70% from the field at half I believe.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Not really, theyre just making all of their shots. 70% from the field at half I believe.
Damn. If they're only up 10 doing that the lead won't last long, Vols win by 10.

Go Mississippi St., if they beat Vandy (heading into OT now I believe) UK has a first round bye in the SEC.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Badgers are laying the smackdown on Penn State....come here Big Ten title!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin is getting hot at the right time in the season. Offense seems to be coming alive and the defense only seems to be getting better.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Too bad for Shan Foster that Hansbrough and Beasley are putting up such massive numbers of he'd be getting serious mention for NPOY... He's gotta be a first team all-american.