Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Indeed. They're choke artists but Kansas is a very well balanced team.
Yeah, this is a huge problem...I'm thinking that since past seasons play such a large role in the current season, that we should have a 4-team tourney with the four most successful programs...something like this:

UK vs. UCLA
KU vs. UNC

Thoughts...it would really eliminate the teams that have not been successful, and continue to not be successful like Xavier and Drake...

Oh wait...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
wait who did not score?
Chase Buford (10 char.)

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
KU should just get it over with and join the NBA. They're too good for college basketball.
Quit crying seriously...just because you couldn't bring any valid points as to why Kansas wasn't the top team in the nation, you revert this...tis sad

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I dont get why you feel the need to keep declaring Kansas is the best team in the country. It really and truly does not matter at this point.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I dont get why you feel the need to keep declaring Kansas is the best team in the country. It really and truly does not matter at this point.
Name the last time I did...it was when myself and etk were debating...

It was almost two weeks ago

What should I restrain my opinions on a message boards? Isn't that what they are for?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Kansas>Everyone else
Here 5 days ago. That's a little less than two weeks ago.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here 5 days ago. That's a little less than two weeks ago.
Indeed, it was said tounge in cheek, but it's irrealvant, this is message board, people post opinions, if it really bothers I apologize

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Indeed, it was said tounge in cheek, but it's irrealvant, this is message board, people post opinions, if it really bothers I apologize
That's fine. That's all I'm doing as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's fine. That's all I'm doing as well.
So basically your rant is a paradox? lol

Whatever, it's cool man, I'll try to tone down the homerism

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So basically your rant is a paradox? lol

Whatever, it's cool man, I'll try to tone down the homerism
Or hippocracy. I hope I spelled that right.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, you didn't. lol

Damn Duke though. It's to be expected though. GET US A BIG, COACH K!
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Well, you didn't. lol

Damn Duke though. It's to be expected though. GET US A BIG, COACH K!
I figured it looked too much like how the animal is spelled. Oh well, as long as my Lit. professor doesn't find out I think I'll be good.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Champions!

Now lets finish it off with the NCAAB CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, this is a huge problem...I'm thinking that since past seasons play such a large role in the current season, that we should have a 4-team tourney with the four most successful programs...something like this:

UK vs. UCLA
KU vs. UNC

Thoughts...it would really eliminate the teams that have not been successful, and continue to not be successful like Xavier and Drake...

Oh wait...
Four most successful programs... Why is Kansas there?

Anyway, I love the style of play at Kansas. Although they've always choked under Self, this year by far is the best chance to break out of it with all the seniors and young talent.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a weekend!

Wisconsin wins Big 10
Georgetown wins Big East
Duke loses to UNC

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North Carolina Tar Heels: ACC Champs!!!!!!!!!!

Danny Green's block at the end was just gross.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Four most successful programs... Why is Kansas there?

Anyway, I love the style of play at Kansas. Although they've always choked under Self, this year by far is the best chance to break out of it with all the seniors and young talent.
We're the 3rd most winingest (sp?) program in college basketball history

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

etk, do actually want to debate about college basketball or just continue personal attacks? It's quite annoying

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah, you're right. Who cares. Why even have rules. That game 'winner' was just so damn awesome that it negates the fact that the refs blatantly stole the ball from Cal and gave it to UCLA, thereby allowing the shot to take place in the first place.

See, Cal beat UCLA. Yet, somehow UCLA gets the W. But yeah, who cares. Why did they even play the game? I mean, nobody cares. Just give UCLA the win. Nobody gives a damn about what happens on the court, right? I mean all those fans in the stands and all the people watching on TV surely don't care. They were all forced to watch at gunpoint and couldn't care less what the turnout of the game was.

I agree the whistle should be a bit relaxed at the end of a tight game, but not when it's an obvious intentional foul situation, and not when it's as hard a foul with such devastating results as we saw with this particular play. BOTH teams are expecting that whistle. Anderson got mugged. There's just no excuse for not calling it.
i was rooting for UCLA but found this story on espn:

Quote:
NCAA Rule 7, Section 1, Article 3
''The ball shall be out of bounds when it passes over the backboard from any direction.''

Pac-10 officiating coordinator Bill McCabe told ESPN.com Saturday night that official Dave Libbey was well aware of the rule that a shot cannot come from over the top of the backboard and be counted as good.

But McCabe said Libbey chose to allow Josh Shipp's game-winning rainbow bucket over the corner of the backboard from along the baseline that went in with 1.5 seconds left to give UCLA an 81-80 victory over Cal at Pauley Pavilion.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
etk, do actually want to debate about college basketball or just continue personal attacks? It's quite annoying
Last I checked....you're the one that neg repped me with a nasty comment, so don't even try to pull something like this.

There's nothing to debate. You try to pimp Kansas too much in this thread and it's annoying. It's one thing to say "Kansas beat Team X today. Player X did this" and it's another thing to say "Kansas is the best team. Kansas does this best" just out of the blue. I think North Carolina is the best and most deserving #1 team by a fair margin and Kansas' choking habits has to be something you consider when evaluating a team. Same thing with OSU in football this year. I don't really care whether or not Kansas can play 1/2 and full court games because who knows if they can even beat a #9 seed.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i was rooting for UCLA but found this story on espn:

Yeah that should have been called out of bounds, but the rule really makes no sense to me, how is it out of bounds when it comes from behind the basket to the front?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

did anyone see that special last night before the Duke UNC game, "Speedo Guy" it was absolutely hilarious.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Last I checked....you're the one that neg repped me with a nasty comment, so don't even try to pull something like this.

There's nothing to debate. You try to pimp Kansas too much in this thread and it's annoying. It's one thing to say "Kansas beat Team X today. Player X did this" and it's another thing to say "Kansas is the best team. Kansas does this best" just out of the blue. I think North Carolina is the best and most deserving #1 team by a fair margin and Kansas' choking habits has to be something you consider when evaluating a team. Same thing with OSU in football this year. I don't really care whether or not Kansas can play 1/2 and full court games because who knows if they can even beat a #9 seed.
Nasty comment, lol, how old are you?

I said that Kansas was the best team in the nation over 2 weeks because most posters started ranking their top 10 teams...You called me out on it without any facts whatsoever, and you have still yet to tell me how why Kansas isn't the best team in the nation.

Did I ever say that KU was more deserving of the #1 ranking by the polls? No, but I simply stated that I thought they were the best team in the nation.

"Who knows if they can even beat a #9?" Well they beat a #9 last year, and besides, you can say that about every team in the country...you still have to play the games.

As for the choking, I don't really see your point, they choked when the team was full of freshman and sophmores, the team has grown up.

No if you really have a problem with me expressing my opinions, I apologize and suggest you no longer read message boards.

Finally, I'm going to ask you once more, why is UNC or any other team better than Kansas. Be sure to provide actual evidence this time, not just "UNC is best"

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since UWM will not make the tourney(s), here is who I will be cheering for.......

I have no idea who that is, but nice going Brucey!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yoda why not cheer for a local team like Wisconsin, rather than a liar like Pearl. Didnt he say that he never wanted to leave milwaukee, and UWM. but like a week later left for Tenn??

Sorry but i just dont like pearl too much.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote