Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The conference, division, or w/e you wanna call it, that bugs me the most, is the South. I'm truly stumped. Sure there are other difficult decisions, but I think for the most part it wasn't too difficult overall...I'm truly lost with the South though. This is what I've got so far...as far as the Sweet 16 goes from the South, I've got:

Memphis vs. Pitt and Marquette vs. Texas

- Not so sure on Marquette beating Stanford but both teams seem very unimpressive to me and I feel regardless of who wins between the two, they're gunna lose to Texas.

I'm completely stumped by the Pitt vs. Memphis potential matchup. I absolutely love Pitt and they've come up HUGE at times and are great defensively, but can they overcome Memphis? In any event, whoever wins that game, can they beat Texas? I mean what Texas are we gunna see...Texas is a team that to me, can win the championship, but at the same time can get knocked out in the second round...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Alabama vs. Butler is stumping me...I know South Alabama can hang with them with their athletic guards and solid post players, but I don't know if they can stop Butler's shooters...plus the game is played in Alabama

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this setup

Final Four : Tenn, UCLA, Texas, Kansas
Championship Game : Texas vs Kansas
Champion : Texas

Notable upsets : St. Joes to sweet 16, Davidson Elite 8, USC over Wisconsin, Pitsburgh over Memphis,
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
South Alabama vs. Butler is stumping me...I know South Alabama can hang with them with their athletic guards and solid post players, but I don't know if they can stop Butler's shooters...plus the game is played in Alabama
That's why I went with South 'bama. You know those kids are gonna be stoked to play a NCAA tourney game in front of their "home" crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clemson's free-throw shooting woes are making me warry of picking them even to win their 1st game. They probably would've beat UNC today if they made their free-throws. They're so talented, especially defensively.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Clemson's free-throw shooting woes are making me warry of picking them even to win their 1st game. They probably would've beat UNC today if they made their free-throws. They're so talented, especially defensively.
I want to pick Villanova, but I'm having a tough time choosing.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

All 4 #1 seeds never make it all the way to the Final Four. Yet Clark Kellog, Jay Bilas, & Digger have all 4 #1's advancing.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNLV vs. Kent State is stumping me

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Knight picking Pitt to win it all
Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Final Four

Tennessee
Texas
Kansas
UCLA

UCLA over Kansas (for now)

Notable upsets
Notre Dame over UNC
Saint Joes over Oklahoma
USC over Wisconsin and Georgetown
WVU over Duke
Temple over Michigan State
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I want to pick Villanova, but I'm having a tough time choosing.

Clemson is just way to talented and athletic for me to take Nova.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pitt never seems to fair well in the tourney

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely LOVE the UK matchup against Marquette. Couldn't have asked for a better one, very winnable.

If we managed to pull that off, the Stanford draw is just TERRIBLE. When I listed the only real teams I don't think we can contend with, Stanford was one of them (I think I even said that earlier in this thread). That would be a tough win, would've much rather had a Xavier or Duke.

Gotta love March, everyone all of the sudden becomes basketball experts.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Final 4:

North Carolina
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA

Finals:

UCLA over North Carolina

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Does anyone know when the NIT bracket comes out?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Memphis is winning it all. I'm just calling it now
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized that since I'm going on Spring Break on Wed., I actually get to watch the opening round!!!
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my final 4 ..

North Carolina
USC
Memphis
UCLA

Finals

Memphis over North Carolina
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Final 4:

UNC vs Georgetown
Texas Vs UCLA

UNC over Texas
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Memphis and Tennessee won't see the final 4, IMO.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Memphis is winning it all. I'm just calling it now

The only reason I see them not making the final four is that they haven't played anybody worth anything for a long time other than Tennessee. They are definetly good enough.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

They're STILL freaking debating why Va Tech deserved to be in.

They have TWO wins against the RPI top 75, get over it.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
They're STILL freaking debating why Va Tech deserved to be in.

They have TWO wins against the RPI top 75, get over it.

But they almost beat North Carolina!!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Tennessee, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA in the Final Four right now. That will probably change though, I'm not sure I buy three #1's and one #2 in the Final Four.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

You know, I'd give them credit for it no doubt if they actually beat anyone else. Their signature win is against a SEVEN seed in the NCAA tournament.

I hate picking teams like Pitt, yeah, they finished very strong but all too often teams like that fizzle out of the tournament early after a great run. The UGA/Xavier game could be interesting as well.

UNC/Texas/Kansas/UCLA for me... Very straight forward which concerns me but I think UNC/UCLA are the very strong teams. I love the seniors on Kansas, I think G-town has a good shot despite not dominating.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-16-2008 at 08:45 PM.