Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame Love is so unathletic. Great player though.
thetedginnshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tenn would have won if they learned how to put their freaking headbands on correctly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Tennessee is athletic and they play hard but man do they run one inefficient offense. I don't think they have any set plays lol.
They run a variation of the flex offense. And the reason our half-court offense is inconsistent is because we don't have a PG. Ramar Smith didn't progress from his freshman year and still can't shoot, JP Prince sucks donkey balls, and Jordan Howell lost all of his confidence and is completely outmatched on defense. If we had a true PG we could've been more consistent. I've said all year they should've tried Lofton out at the point.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Check out what the Detroit scene will look like this weekend:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=3316264

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
They run a variation of the flex offense. And the reason our half-court offense is inconsistent is because we don't have a PG. Ramar Smith didn't progress from his freshman year and still can't shoot, JP Prince sucks donkey balls, and Jordan Howell lost all of his confidence and is completely outmatched on defense. If we had a true PG we could've been more consistent. I've said all year they should've tried Lofton out at the point.
It's a slim variation of the flex offense, a very slim variation. It involves getting the ball to Lofton and having him shoot 30 foot 3's, throwing the ball down low to Tyler Smith and watching him take wild shots. This team doesn't pass the basketball, when they see a shot they take it no matter if it's good or not. Their offensive discipline is horrid and as a basketball fan it's sickening to watch this street ball crap that Pearl runs.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what'd you guys think of james keefe (UCLA) yesterday? he was pretty agile/fast for a big white dude yesterday.

the specific play i remember was his guarding a pg (forgot who it was)on the perimeter and then stuck with him when he tried to penetrate and ended up blocking his layup attempt.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
It's a slim variation of the flex offense, a very slim variation. It involves getting the ball to Lofton and having him shoot 30 foot 3's, throwing the ball down low to Tyler Smith and watching him take wild shots. This team doesn't pass the basketball, when they see a shot they take it no matter if it's good or not. Their offensive discipline is horrid and as a basketball fan it's sickening to watch this street ball crap that Pearl runs.
That's why I'm actually kind of happy Lofton is leaving because he panics when we get down and starts chucking up 3's we don't need to take. As for the rest of your commentary I really don't care for it since your bias against Pearl apparently keeps you from stating any sane opinion on the basketball team. You seriously need to get over something that happened 20 years ago. I mean were you even anything more than an infant when it occurred? Are you anything more than an infant now?
Old 03-28-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin 62, Davidson 49

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why I'm actually kind of happy Lofton is leaving because he panics when we get down and starts chucking up 3's we don't need to take. As for the rest of your commentary I really don't care for it since your bias against Pearl apparently keeps you from stating any sane opinion on the basketball team. You seriously need to get over something that happened 20 years ago. I mean were you even anything more than an infant when it occurred? Are you anything more than an infant now?
I'm not the only one who's said his offense is crap. There's nothing to it besides pushing up the ball and getting quick shots. Occasionally you see some picks.

Same way with Calipari and Memphis. Clearouts, isolations, etc. You can't win when you don't pass the basketball.

Watch a team like UNC play or Texas, teams that actually run an offense. Tennessee's players just stand around and isolate. And against good defensive teams like Louisville, that's not going to work. Pearl is a better coach than I give him credit for, he's had success wherever he's been but I was disappointed to see what you guys ran offensively the past two seasons.

The shot selections is terrible, there's no flow, everyone looks confused and that's why you exited early.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And I usually am very critical of teams who play that kind of basketball. I don't like Self but I don't criticize their play. They run a good high/low system, they have a good transition game, and they're well coached in the half court which gets a lot of open looks for their guards.

Tennessee is not disciplined at all offensively and I thought their off the ball defense was terrible yesterday. Louisville burned them on off the ball cuts all day lone, Jajuan Smith gambled a ton in the passing lanes and it cost his team, they stood around on the defensive glass giving the Cardinals second chance opportunities...You can't outscore everyone and the Vols learned that in the Tournament, balanced teams win and Tennessee is not balanced.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Wisconsin 62, Davidson 49
It all depends on how physical they let Flowers play on Curry. The Big 10 is a very physical conference and Wisconsin gets a way with playing very physical on defense.

I just think Wisconsin wears them down. They won't run them out of the building and the game will be close for a while but I think they just wear Davidson down on defense and pull away late.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not the only one who's said his offense is crap. There's nothing to it besides pushing up the ball and getting quick shots. Occasionally you see some picks.

Same way with Calipari and Memphis. Clearouts, isolations, etc. You can't win when you don't pass the basketball.

Watch a team like UNC play or Texas, teams that actually run an offense. Tennessee's players just stand around and isolate. And against good defensive teams like Louisville, that's not going to work. Pearl is a better coach than I give him credit for, he's had success wherever he's been but I was disappointed to see what you guys ran offensively the past two seasons.

The shot selections is terrible, there's no flow, everyone looks confused and that's why you exited early.
You're right. The sweet sixteen is so early considering the Tennessee program had been there a total of about 3 times before Pearl got there and now they've made it back to back years. And the offense is so crappy that it averaged 80+ points a game. And no one passes at all which is why we were tied for 8th in assists in the country with almost 18 a game.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key is how well Jason Richards can play for Davidson. We all know that Curry can score, but Richards needs to at least help him out in order for Davidson to keep it going.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
You're right. The sweet sixteen is so early considering the Tennessee program had been there a total of about 3 times before Pearl got there and now they've made it back to back years. And the offense is so crappy that it averaged 80+ points a game. And no one passes at all which is why we were tied for 8th in assists in the country with almost 18 a game.
I never said they didn't score a lot of points and most of their assists in transition or getting the ball to Lofton for 3's.

The team does not pass hardly at all, they don't play very good defense, and it showed in the Tournament. A team with that much talent getting knocked out in the Sweet 16 for the 2nd straight season is a failure in my eyes, especially because they brought back most of their guys and added a stud in Tyler Smith.

The SEC people on this board were complaining when people said it was a crappy conference, well looks like those people were right. You guys had a horrible showing in the Tournament for a conference that was claimed by some on here to be "the most underrated in America." And I thought I read something about it being the best conference as well.

Tennessee had a good year, but they should have gone further with the talent on that roster. They were exposed in the Tournament with close calls in the first two games and getting slapped by Louisville. They run a stagnant offense and are not disciplined defensively which is why they got creamed by 19 against a sound Louisville squad.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

It's not that you exited early, you guys played horrible in the Tournament, almost getting upset twice by American and Butler, two teams you should have handled without much trouble.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

But yes I do admit I do have a bias against Pearl. If the man wouldn't make himself out to be a victim in what happened I think this would be put away.

I'll have a bias against Sanctions as well for a long, long time for what he did too. Self, eh I like him more than I did a couple years ago but I still see him as a piece of slime, say with Calipari.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person who hates Trent Johnson because he almost personally lost the game against Marquette due to him being a dousche to the refs.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I never said they didn't score a lot of points and most of their assists in transition or getting the ball to Lofton for 3's.

The team does not pass hardly at all, they don't play very good defense, and it showed in the Tournament. A team with that much talent getting knocked out in the Sweet 16 for the 2nd straight season is a failure in my eyes, especially because they brought back most of their guys and added a stud in Tyler Smith.

The SEC people on this board were complaining when people said it was a crappy conference, well looks like those people were right. You guys had a horrible showing in the Tournament for a conference that was claimed by some on here to be "the most underrated in America." And I thought I read something about it being the best conference as well.

Tennessee had a good year, but they should have gone further with the talent on that roster. They were exposed in the Tournament with close calls in the first two games and getting slapped by Louisville. They run a stagnant offense and are not disciplined defensively which is why they got creamed by 19 against a sound Louisville squad.
I never said they didn't have problems defensively. I totally agree with you there. However, the "talent" they have is overrated at this point. They are an extremely young team outside of Lofton and Jajuan Smith and they lack a true PG. We would've went further this year had Lofton not gone to suckville after the Junior campaign that he had. Also it can be argued that Tennessee had the toughest road to get to the final four out of all the 2 seeds.

As for the rest of the SEC, Kentucky and Vandy have been overrated all season and MSU, and Arkansas got put out by one seeds.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not that you exited early, you guys played horrible in the Tournament, almost getting upset twice by American and Butler, two teams you should have handled without much trouble.
Butler was a much better team than their 7 seed indicated.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Yeah, the SEC getting 6 teams into the tourney this year is a crock of ****. They lost to Georgia... Seriously, Georgia sucks and shouldn't have been in this tournament.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

This team was different from how they played in the regular season. Lofton is one of the best shooters in America, J. Smith can flat out fill it up, Tyler Smith is a future lottery pick, R. Smith while you don't like him as much as I do had a very solid season, Prince helped beat Memphis on the road...It's not that you went out, it's how you went out. Playing 3 very underwhelming games in the Tournament.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Butler was a much better team than their 7 seed indicated.
And Tennessee was "supposedly" the best #2 seed in the Tourney. Butler I admit was good but c'mon. American gave you all you could handle in Round 1, it took OT to beat a 7 seed, and you got smoked by Louisville.

Very disappointing showing by the "best team in the SEC."

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys think about the texas vs. stanford game tonight? i think the lopez twins will be tough to stop but i think the texas guards (augustin & abrams) will dominate
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Damien James is a stud and no one talks about him inside for the Horns. He's the X-Factor inside which is why I have Texas beating them.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And Tennessee was "supposedly" the best #2 seed in the Tourney. Butler I admit was good but c'mon. American gave you all you could handle in Round 1, it took OT to beat a 7 seed, and you got smoked by Louisville.

Very disappointing showing by the "best team in the SEC."
Nah, Texas is the best 2 seed. They whooped us in the regular season. And as for Lofton as the best shooter in America, not this year. I had high hopes for Ramar Smith this year, but considering he got benched for Jordan Howell early in the season, and then by JP Princess later in the season he didn't have a good season. Tyler Smith was by far our best player this year. Jajuan Smith and Lofton dissappeared too much to be considered as good as they are.