Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible ending to a great game... Darn.
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I wouldn't say horrible.

And look at that.
Yeah. Look at that.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn, great game
Go Memphis

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Yeah. Look at that.
Well, as I was typing he hit a 3.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why Richards didn't bring the ball down the floor though. Poor coaching and poor play by Curry in that situation.
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry has zero trust in his teammates, #15 was open twice he didn't even look, he kinda choked too. He should have taken the last shot, should have kept dribbling instead of picking it up.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucknell Bill escapes. Again, even he couldn't screw this one up. Kansas was having major success getting the ball inside yet they choose to pass along the perimeter.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Curry has zero trust in his teammates, #15 was open twice he didn't even look, he kinda choked too. He should have taken the last shot, should have kept dribbling instead of picking it up.
ya i agree he might have choked a little. Dont understand why he stopped. he panicked and gave the ball up when it count the most. its to bad would have been great to see davidson go to the final 4.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sander is the worst offensive player on that team, so yea he had zero trust. I do give credit to Self for doubling Curry and making him give the ball up. Hard to say a guy choked when he single handedly got Davidson to the Elite 8.

He did go ice cold in the 2nd half though, I'll admit that. Missed shots he never misses.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Curry missed the guy at the top of the key.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Bucknell Bill escapes. Again, even he couldn't screw this one up. Kansas was having major success getting the ball inside yet they choose to pass along the perimeter.
You obvisouly didn't watch the game, basically the first 30 minutes of the game, we were shut down in the interior by their double team.

I'll take Bucknell Bill over a guy who can't even get a winning season in an average conference any day of the week

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
There will be 2 great final four games. Except UNC might beat KU by double digits.
I can see UCLA and UNC both dominating their respective games, but then again what do I know.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

I don't really think you go for the tie in this situation. It would have been highly unlikely that they could have lasted another five minutes. I don't think Kansas could choke THAT badly. Plain and simple, Richards should have brought the ball up and Curry should have taken the last shot.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are you so sure he was telling them to pass along the perimeter?you're not in the hudlle so how can you really assume that's what he's telling them?btw...Sasha Kaun was a man among boys today
Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing I can say about Davidson and Curry that hasn't been said already on this page.

If my picks go right (UNC beating Memphis in the final) then I win the NFLDC pool and probably my $$ pool, with the dirty pubestache coming in 2nd on NFLDC.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
You obvisouly didn't watch the game, basically the first 30 minutes of the game, we were shut down in the interior by their double team.

I'll take Bucknell Bill over a guy who can't even get a winning season in an average conference any day of the week
Obviously I did watch the game because whenever Kansas got the ball in the paint they had success. They doubled when the player went to the corner. Kaun was unstoppable down low and they had Chalmers, Collins, and Rush jacking up long range shots. Again, Self does not no how to adjust a game plan. Yes I know he won and I'll give credit where credit is due but he could not find a way to free up his bigs. Kansas had an incredible size advantage on Davidson

Again, Billyh Boy couldn't screw this one up, not when the best seed you play is an 8. But congrats, Self got the monkey off his back and KU is in the Final 4.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
How are you so sure he was telling them to pass along the perimeter?you're not in the hudlle so how can you really assume that's what he's telling them?btw...Sasha Kaun was a man among boys today
Being guarded by 6-5" 230 pound guys, he should be dominating along with Jackson and Arthur.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
And yet in crunch time they didn't get him the ball. I watched Bill Self coach at Illinois and while I "wasn't in the huddle" it's pretty clear to me that the gameplan was to look to get Rush going, to penetrate into the lane, and to get open shots once Self realized it wouldn't be easy to get the ball down low.

Self runs a high low offense, or well he did at Illinois and I thought he could have utilized his bigs better, but he got the win and that's what counts. A little too close for comfort though if I'm Kansas.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Being guarded by 6-5" 230 pound guys, he should be dominating along with Jackson and Arthur.
Yup, that's basically my point. Kansas had a huge advantage on the front line and they really didn't use it to their advantage. And when Bill saw it would be hard to consistently go down low, he kind of abandoned it.

You have to move your bigs around down low to find creases in the defense. Setting them up and asking them to out muscle Davidson's forwards in the lane won't get it done.

But again, Kansas did win and Self deserves all the credit

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Again it's a moot point because KU got the victory.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I still think Curry should declare this year because his name is hot, next year with Richards gone he'll be running point and will be exposed.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Hopefully his dad realizes that this would be what's best for his son. Of course, since they're probably not hurting financially, they may assume that another year in college would benefit him.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was waaaaaaaaaaay too close before I had to stick my foot in my mouth again.

More questions though, why did UNC, UCLA, and Memphis' celebration get shown, and they had to go right to 60 Minutes for Kansas? U know if Davidson woulda won they would be on the air still. How come it sounded like it was bentlem for the announcers when Davidson was ahead. How come it sounded like someone died when Kansas took the lead? Pisses me off, I usually like Gus Johnson and Len Elmore, but they had a cheering interest for Davidson in this one and Ohio State last year against Xavier.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edited because I just ranted about terrorists.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 03-30-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm pretty boring that all #1 seeds made it.. I was surprised by Memphis, I underestimated them

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote