Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go with Memphis to win the NC.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who will win it all?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=20615

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We saw the Kansas celebration, for those that were upset and whined last week :D No 60 minutes tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
I'm gonna go with Memphis to win the NC.
Shocker

I'll take Kansas (ironic, right? lol)...I watched Memphis today and I felt like that they played really sloppy in the half-court offense, and if Kansas can shut down those passing lanes, my 'Hawks will come out with the W, provided we shoot well

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy i had Memphis winning the national championship. Ima get me some money. YEAA!!!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have said Kansas since Selection Sunday, not gonna get off of that. However, I am happy to see Coach Cal and Coach Self get to the ship.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Self outcoached Williams in this game. That said, you dig yourself the hole UNC did, and you have to expend so much energy to get back.

Gonna be an interesting game. Memphis vs. Kansas. Kansas has so many bigs to rotate in there. That said, they do go through their bouts of inconsistency. I think I'd probably pick Memphis. If you switch Rush over to Rose, then you are in an awful mismatch with whoever guards CDR. Self would likely throw the zone in there a bit to mix it up, but I think Memphis would have enough length to crash the zone. Memphis will have to shoot well, though.
Hey toon I've been noticing you say "that said" a lot. You managed to fit it in twice in this average sized post (by your standards).

Yeah, should be pretty fun. I like Rush vs. Douglas Roberts. And Rose vs. the 57 point guards Kansas uses. I wanna see Collins vs. Rose particularly. Two Chicago guys.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if KU's bigs can get Dorsey and Dozier into foul trtouble then KU can really take advantage with all our big men
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and Cole Aldrich manhandled the NPOY

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

I had 2 brackets, i had Kansas in 1 and Memphis in the other.

Ballin'

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas is going to win it all, I called it since the start of the season. They are just so solid everywhere it's to hard to beat. I think they can match Memphis athleticism well and should prevail.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all are in for one great game come monday night. I think this will be one fast paced, high scoring title game. I have been watching Rose since his junior year at Simeon High School, and he has matured so much physically, the kid is unreal. I like Memphis in overtime over Kansas.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldrich is the new WBOTY (White Boy of The Year).

Really happy for Kansas. I'm afraid for them against Memphis though. They're an infinitely tougher team. Kansas is the only team that can stop them of the four though with all the guards they have to throw at them. It's going to be interesting. But the fact that it's once again the freshman everyone seems to love vs. Kansas has me worried. It's going to be interesting. Not sure who I want to win. Normally I'd love to see Kansas win, but maybe a Memphis win will solidify my boy not having to go #1 (and maybe, he'll get jealous and come back for another year) and Rose being the fan favorite.

But yeah. Self is going to have to step up his pre-game speech if he's going to fire up his boys for this next task.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=thetedginnshow;991049]Aldrich is the new WBOTY (White Boy of The Year).

Really happy for Kansas. I'm afraid for them against Memphis though. They're an infinitely tougher team. Kansas is the only team that can stop them of the four though with all the guards they have to throw at them. It's going to be interesting. But the fact that it's once again the freshman everyone seems to love vs. Kansas has me worried. It's going to be interesting. Not sure who I want to win. Normally I'd love to see Kansas win, but maybe a Memphis win will solidify my boy not having to go #1 (and maybe, he'll get jealous and come back for another year) and Rose being the fan favorite.

But yeah. Self is going to have to step up his pre-game speech if he's going to fire up his boys for this next task.[/QUOTE]

he shouldnt have to say anything to get them fired up

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=kwilk103;991052]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

But yeah. Self is going to have to step up his pre-game speech if he's going to fire up his boys for this next task.[/QUOTE]

he shouldnt have to say anything to get them fired up

This is very true. It's the national championship. If you aren't fired up what are you doing playing D1 basketball?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I don't agree with that philosophy. Obviously they'll be ready to get going from the start, but that extra little push can get people over the hump. That's how I see it anyway. But oh well.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so ******* pissed about UNC. I mean, how open do you have to be to hit some of those shots? They dug their own grave and they had to sleep in it. There was confusion, lack of general awareness and overall stupidity that caused them to blow the game
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
I had 2 brackets, i had Kansas in 1 and Memphis in the other.

Ballin'
you're in a win/win situation
Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this day went exactly the opposite of what I had hoped...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

But yeah. Self is going to have to step up his pre-game speech if he's going to fire up his boys for this next task.

Agree on ALdrich :) . the only thing Self needs to say is this.....National Championship.That should be all he needs to say
Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Kansas is the better true basketball team, with regards to execution, style, just pure basketball. But Memphis athleticism really scares me and Kansas is athletic in their own right.

Bosanac01
Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Syracuse National Champions 08-09!

Flynn, Devendorf, Harris, Greene and Onuaku starting with Rautins, Ongenaet, Scoop, Rick Jackson, Kris Joseph, Mookie Jones and James Southerland off the bench. Sick.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

^^^ I've been thinking they'd have a shot for a while... all they gotta do is learn to play smart and together. Got Boeheim and absolutely loaded with talent.

Bosanac01
Old 04-06-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
^^^ I've been thinking they'd have a shot for a while... all they gotta do is learn to play smart and together. Got Boeheim and absolutely loaded with talent.
Obviously I agree with you. I expect us to be pre-season ranked in the 20's or so (assuming Greene and Harris both come back). If we are going to win another national championship in the next 5 years, next year is the year. A main problem for us this past season was lack of depth (only played 7/8 deep), which will become a strength next year as Rautins and Devendorf return, 3 very good freshman coming in and all of our underclassmen who played so much last year a year more experienced and comfortable with each other. Flynn played so much last year that by the end of the year he was basically a sophomore. We have one senior graduating this year and he was a walk-on who never played. Still got that sour taste in our mouth after missing the tourney 2 straight years and blowing our 24 point NIT lead to UMass. Watch out for SU next year.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu should be good next year if alexander returns

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote