Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be wrong here but, i thought L.A. always had a good WNBA team...how did they even get the 1st pick?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Candace is a beast. Too bad her baby will be ugly as all hell. Should have waited on Beasley...

Oh and sadly, you made me look up women's basketball stats, but really, Fowles only really did better than Parker in this last game in which Parker had a dislocated shoulder. So meh. But yeah. The Los Angeles market will be "big" for Parker, however big WNBA can get.
Yeah, if I were Shelden Williams I couldn't make it through the day knowing my girl's a better player than me and we're both professionals, not just "messing around at the park style basketball".

I tried to look up the stats but I didn't think to look at their schedule and the boxscores.. they don't even have player pages for women on there. Anyway after looking at the schedule yeah Fowles only clearly won the individual match up in the last game. I was under the impression that when Tenn lost to LSU earlier in the season Fowles had a better game because I remember hearing one of the analysts say it. Maybe they weren't talking about stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I may be wrong here but, i thought L.A. always had a good WNBA team...how did they even get the 1st pick?
Lisa Leslie was on maternity leave and thus they were terrible last season. Just freaking great they have the best player in the WNBA since it started then they luck into getting the new future best player. I only know this, once again, because I have looked at the top two picks storyline a few times.

Bosanac01

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 04-09-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey fellas, think we can sit the purses aside and get back to MENS basketball :D
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait the WNBA draft was today? That's so stupid, why would the draft be after the national championship? That's weird. So basically they are chosen off game tape, no workouts or anything? That's stupid, really gives them time to decide if they wanna declare.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah, that was gonna be my last post. *Ahem* Why is Ben Hansborogh transferring from Miss St.? He gets 33 minutes a game and 10 points a game as a sophomore.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben wants to be in the national spotlight. He's coming to Duke to dominate his brother.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3338164

Trent Johnson to LSU.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Hansborough is coming back home to good ole Missouri...He'll probably end up going to Missouri, maybe Missouri State or another midwest school

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post

Why would he leave Stanford for LSU?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$more money
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Money and recruits fall straight into LSU's lap.

John Brady was one of the worst coaches in the NCAA but he managed because of the excess of talent down there. Same for Alabama. Gottfried is TERRIBLE but they get some crazy athletes down there.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

There's some rumblings of Pitino interviewing for the Miami Heat job.

Seems pretty disasterous for both sides...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Pitino is not leaving. he will not go to the NBA, he already tried that and failed
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
Pitino is not leaving. he will not go to the NBA, he already tried that and failed
One of his closest friends was quoted as saying, "No way" when asked if he'd retire at Louisville but I don't see him going to the NBA nor do I see the NBA going after him. I think he retires at Louisville but there are some people with connections insisting there is a mutual interest between the Heat and Pitino and that they're interested in feeling things out. I just don't see it.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i dont think he will retire with louisville. i see him leaving for a bigger school. but i just dont see him going back to the NBA
Old 04-10-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Self Staying with KU!!!Take that T Boone Pickens :)
Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

so there is a rumor about Sosa tranferring from louisville. if this does happen this would be a major hit to the program. what i hear is that he is looking at Miami.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some news involving Villanova, including a couple of tranfers:

Seems that Malcolm Grant is transferring from 'Nova to Miami, per MSN (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...FERS_TO_MIAMI). The Grant situation was interesting, supposedly Jay Wright asked Grant to go to prep school for a year when Scottie Reynolds decided to come here and he didn't have enough scholarships. Grant complied, and Wright didn't play him nearly as much as his offensive production when he was on the court (just under 6 points in over 12 minutes per game, including playing a huge role in wins over LSU and Pitt). He probably deserved more play time than he got here, though he was stuck behind Fisher, Stokes, and Reynolds. Grant is a good offensive player that shoots well, can penetrate, and runs the team fairly well. When he's hot he can take over a game. However, he really plays poor defense. He's a good player though and a fan favorite, should do well at Miami once he gets down there.

Taylor King is transferring to Villanova from Duke per ESPN. Should be a decent outside shooter and will probably play a role when Shane Clark, Reggie Redding, and Dwayne Anderson leave. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3345570)

Also Tyreke Evans, thought by many to be the top uncommitted player in the class of 2008, will be announcing his decision (Memphis or Villanova) on Wednesday. I have to think Memphis is the favorite, especially if Reynolds is coming back for his junior year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke Evans signs with Memphis

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3350309
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I think it was a good move by him. He's going to be compared to Rose all season, so it'll certainly be interesting to see. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all of his stats are better, save for FG%, depending on whether Ebanks signs as well or not.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote from 'Reke I saw somewhere, Jay Wright pretty much told him that if he wants to be one and done he should go to Memphis and if he wants to be a part of a family he should come to Villanova. Strange that Jay would say that to him when it's pretty much guaranteed he's leaving after a year anyway. Looks like we'll be focusing on Cheek in '09. Wonder what we'll do with our scholarship left over though...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Earl Clark Forward from louisville, has decided to return to college and not enter the NBA draft
Old 04-17-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Wiggins is looking to transfer from UCONN. He says he's not getting enough playing time which is strange because he was our 6th man last year. He says he's willing to transfer anywhere in the country as long as it's a good fit, and the rumor is that he's looking at some Big 10 schools. He will have 2 years of eligibility left wherever he goes.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Doug Wiggins is looking to transfer from UCONN. He says he's not getting enough playing time which is strange because he was our 6th man last year. He says he's willing to transfer anywhere in the country as long as it's a good fit, and the rumor is that he's looking at some Big 10 schools. He will have 2 years of eligibility left wherever he goes.
Wiggins in the Big 10? That's like Michael Jordan playing park and rec. :D

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Wiggins in the Big 10? That's like Michael Jordan playing park and rec. :D
LOL yeah they might have a problem with his speed there...he could be the next Dee Brown.

Do you know any stories of why he's transferring? I'm assuming that Calhoun told him he was gonna be behind Kemba Walker.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote