Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way, Colton Iverson will be fine. I thought he worked the boards very well. The kid is like 18 and played in South Dakota his whole life, give him a break.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No way, Colton Iverson will be fine. I thought he worked the boards very well. The kid is like 18 and played in South Dakota his whole life, give him a break.
How dare you...

SD actually has fairly good basketball programs to tell you the truth. Nothing spectacular, but solid. Mike Miller and Joe Krabenhoft are some names.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Kenny George, who apparently has grown another inch is probably going to miss the entire season. How miserable do you think he is knowing he's way too big to ever live a normal life?
He had to amputate part of his foot. Hope he is doing well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...v=st&type=lgns
Old 10-18-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
A few reactions from Tubby's Tip-off last night

-Paul Carter was the most impressive of the newcomers and showed range and great athleticism

-Ralph Sampson III is creative around the rim and knows how to finish, needs to find the weight room though

-Colton Iverson looked lost...Spencer version 2.0
Holy **** I hope you're wrong about Iverson. I can't handle another Spencer Tollackson.

How did Devoe Joseph look?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I'd ever wanna be taller than 6'5 or 6'6. That's probably about maximum for me.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
As long as they don't gag it away again, they are definitely the favorites. They added some much needed size with 7 footer Tyler Zeller and 6'10" Ed Davis, which might allow Hansbrough to play some 4 against bigger teams. If Ellington can be more consistent with his shooting (great shooter, maddeningly inconsistent) and Lawson can stay healthy, they have as good a shot as anyone.
I disagree with your last point. The Tar Heels have a better chance than anyone, especially if all that happens. The other final four teams from last year got GUTTED, and UNC lost one guy I think, who wasn't even a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Holy **** I hope you're wrong about Iverson. I can't handle another Spencer Tollackson.

How did Devoe Joseph look?
Joseph showed good quickness, but had an off night shooting the balll

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Colton didn't have the greatest hands and he struggled getting up and down the court with everyone else.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elijah Johnson, 5 star recruit, commits to Kansas after his visit during Late Night

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Colton didn't have the greatest hands and he struggled getting up and down the court with everyone else.
Conditioning can be fixed, I'm not too worried about it.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Elijah Johnson, 5 star recruit, commits to Kansas after his visit during Late Night
If i were you I would be praying for Dominic Cheek.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 10-19-2008 at 12:41 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

devin ebanks is really really good

also getting some real good committs

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Idk, I'd rather have Xavier Henry, but Cheek would be fine with me...He reminds me a lot of Brandon Rush...Fundamentally sound, but can disappear at times offensively...although, I think Cheek has more potential than Rush. If we could land John Wall + Henry/Cheek, that would be amazing.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-19-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Idk, I'd rather have Xavier Henry, but Cheek would be fine with me...He reminds me a lot of Brandon Rush...Fundamentally sound, but can disappear at times offensively...although, I think Cheek has more potential than Rush. If we could land John Wall + Henry/Cheek, that would be amazing.

What happened to Wall going to Baylor? I thought that was close to a sure thing.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What happened to Wall going to Baylor? I thought that was close to a sure thing.
I think people assumed that because his AAU coach was hired by Baylor, but that doesn't really appear to be the case. I heard that he was basically down to Kansas and Memphis, as is every other top recruit, or so it seems.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think 'Nova needs Cheek more than KU, KU has better options if Cheek doesn't commit and though our recruiting class is really solid right now Cheek's the only high profile guy we're still recruiting that hasn't committed somewhere else. Plus we have no true wings coming in, you could consider Armwood a wing but he's more of a 3/4 tweener.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think 'Nova needs Cheek more than KU, KU has better options if Cheek doesn't commit and though our recruiting class is really solid right now Cheek's the only high profile guy we're still recruiting that hasn't committed somewhere else. Plus we have no true wings coming in, you could consider Armwood a wing but he's more of a 3/4 tweener.
I'm pretty sure every team needs Recruit A more than Kansas

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Oh and I think Wall goes to Memphis at this point...He seems a bit disappointed that Johnson committed to Kansas even though they pretty different players.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure every team needs Recruit A more than Kansas
Truth. Not sure what I think about where Cheek should commit. Not sure if he's exactly the kind of guy that's going to be a consistant go-to player night in and night out, which Villanova would certainly expect more than Kansas. He's able to contribute in a lot of ways other than scoring and not having quite as much pressure being the guy at Kansas could be good for him. At the same time, he's probably going to be a more focal point at Villanova if he commits there and could have more opportunities to show off various aspects of his game than he would at Kansas.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Truth. Not sure what I think about where Cheek should commit. Not sure if he's exactly the kind of guy that's going to be a consistant go-to player night in and night out, which Villanova would certainly expect more than Kansas. He's able to contribute in a lot of ways other than scoring and not having quite as much pressure being the guy at Kansas could be good for him. At the same time, he's probably going to be a more focal point at Villanova if he commits there and could have more opportunities to show off various aspects of his game than he would at Kansas.
Like I said, he reminds me of Brandon Rush...Can contribute in so many ways and fundamentally sound, but can disappear offensively at times.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-23-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3659611

Lute Olson is stepping down as coach of Arizona.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Edit: I guess the news about the retirement was first heard at Nike HQ and then was passed on to Dicky V... Lute is one strange Mother ****er.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees

Last edited by Turtlepower : 10-23-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:

That's interesting, I thought he died years ago...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 10-23-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's interesting, I thought he died years ago...
No that was just the Wildcats national championship hopes
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No that was just the Wildcats national championship hopes
Their 2009 recruiting class is already starting to de-commit. Mike Moser has decommitted and Soloman Hill and Gaddy are both looking at other options. If those 3 de-commit, they lose a top-5 recruiting class to having no one committed for 09.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote