Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Mason vs. Liberty game and I will say Stephen's brother Seth is such a legit freshman. I can't believe every school passed on him. He is just as deadly as a shooter as Stephen and he also is a player in the clutch. He put down 24 against Clemson, which is awfully impressive for a freshman. He is averaging over 21 ppg in this his freshman season. It's a shame Seth didn't land at Davidson. That would be the perfect backcourt duo. Short as hell but if you double Stephen, Seth will kill you.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, tough, defensive game between Texas and Villanova. Texas played very well and a very timely game, took advantage of Villanova's turnovers, and did a fantastic job getting baskets to kill any potential runs for Villanova. They just played a solid, timely game. Very athletic team, some good rebounders, and they played very well defensively. Free throws can definitely hurt them against a team that manages to keep the game closer. Wish it had been closer towards the end, but other than that it was a pretty good game to watch.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Steph Curry's Mom

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Points per shot attempt:

Stephen Curry: 1.46
Blake Griffin: 1.89
James Harden: 1.87

All I'm saying is if those two shot the ball as much as Curry, they would be averaging much higher ppg.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Points per shot attempt:

All I'm saying is if those two shot the ball as much as Curry, they would be averaging much higher ppg.
Would you want anyone else on Davidson shooting?

ASU and OU have much better supporting casts...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I <3 Steph Curry's Mom
she makes me happy.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Would you want anyone else on Davidson shooting?

ASU and OU have much better supporting casts...
Honestly, ASU really doesn't have a much better supporting cast. It is better, but not to the extent of many other top-25 teams.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, ASU really doesn't have a much better supporting cast. It is better, but not to the extent of many other top-25 teams.
You take Curry away from Davidson then they will be be lucky to hit 14 wins. Not many players out there right now you can say that about.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Points per shot attempt:

I get your logic there, but in reality those two are probably getting higher points per shot attempt because they are taking their shots in the rhythm of the game, whereas Curry has to force some because he essentially is Davidson. All that really means is that they are taking better shots. Not sure that if Harden or Griffin started randomly chucking up another 10 shots a game they would automatically result in an increase of almost 19 points per game, if you know what I'm saying. It does show a good knowledge of how to score in the flow of the game and efficiency, however.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Griffin or Harden because they're both ridiculous players that should easily be first team All-Americans and national POY candidates, but the logic there is a little flawed.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I get your logic there, but in reality those two are probably getting higher points per shot attempt because they are taking their shots in the rhythm of the game, whereas Curry has to force some because he essentially is Davidson. All that really means is that they are taking better shots. Not sure that if Harden or Griffin started randomly chucking up another 10 shots a game they would automatically result in an increase of almost 19 points per game, if you know what I'm saying. It does show a good knowledge of how to score in the flow of the game and efficiency, however.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Griffin or Harden because they're both ridiculous players that should easily be first team All-Americans and national POY candidates, but the logic there is a little flawed.
Yeah, I know and I agree with everyone here, it is just getting annoying how little love James Harden is getting. First of all to be snubbed pre-season AA is beyond ridiculous, but now there is no shot for him to win POY because of the media attention given to the other guys. I don't normally claim west coast bias, but it is pretty evident this year as far as POY candidates are concerned.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see the numbers Harden would put up at Davidson

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I would like to see the numbers Harden would put up at Davidson
50 PPG, 30 RPG, 15 Steals Per Game, 12 Assists Per Game, 8 Blocks Per Game... Anything I'm forgetting?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I know and I agree with everyone here, it is just getting annoying how little love James Harden is getting. First of all to be snubbed pre-season AA is beyond ridiculous, but now there is no shot for him to win POY because of the media attention given to the other guys. I don't normally claim west coast bias, but it is pretty evident this year as far as POY candidates are concerned.
I hear that, just because he doesn't get his due nationally doesn't mean that people who know about basketball don't know who Harden is. It's just the media, and yeah I could agree that there's probably some East Coast bias. Plus Hansbrough is kind of a lunch pail hustle guy that (some) people like to root for, and Curry comes from Davidson which again people enjoy rooting for smaller schools/underdogs so it's easy for the media to spin. Plus Seth Curry is just going to get Steph more attention and vice versa.

In recruiting news, Dom Cheek is down to Villanova and Kansas. Decision to be announced this Friday.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In recruiting news, Dom Cheek is down to Villanova and Kansas. Decision to be announced this Friday.
I think he's heading to Nova.John Wall is probably going to take a 2nd trip to Kansas.possible good news there
Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I think he's heading to Nova.John Wall is probably going to take a 2nd trip to Kansas.possible good news there
Wall would definitely be a good sign for Kansas, his explosiveness for a point guard is ridiculous. Presumably he and Taylor or whoever the high 4 star PG/SG they signed (Elijah Johnson?) could form a backcourt that could guard the 1 and the 2 along with some real quickness and athleticism. You have to imagine they get somebody, I almost think their involvement with so many high caliber guys hurt them because they didn't show a major commitment to any guy besides Henry really who Memphis had an edge in getting because of CJ.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wall would definitely be a good sign for Kansas, his explosiveness for a point guard is ridiculous. Presumably he and Taylor or whoever the high 4 star PG/SG they signed (Elijah Johnson?) could form a backcourt that could guard the 1 and the 2 along with some real quickness and athleticism. You have to imagine they get somebody, I almost think their involvement with so many high caliber guys hurt them because they didn't show a major commitment to any guy besides Henry really who Memphis had an edge in getting because of CJ.
the irony about the Henry deal is before CJ went to play baseball he had committed to play at KU
Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...name=katz_andy

Quote:
• The four hosts for the 2009-10 NIT Season Tip-Off will be Duke, Connecticut, LSU and Arizona State.
I am so flippin' happy that ASU is finally going to be able to play some good non-conference games. Too bad we will be without Harden and Jeff Pendergraph, so we will most likely regress next year. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-10-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
the irony about the Henry deal is before CJ went to play baseball he had committed to play at KU
I did not know that, crazy ironic. Didn't their father play there? Seems like KU just got screwed a bunch of different ways on that one.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did not know that, crazy ironic. Didn't their father play there? Seems like KU just got screwed a bunch of different ways on that one.
His father and his mother played B-Ball at Kansas...I'm not too concerned though...I doubt we get Cheek or Wall, but have a good shot at Withey, the Arizona transfer (He's down to KU and UT). Plus, we have a good shot at Harrison Barnes in '10.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
His father and his mother played B-Ball at Kansas...I'm not too concerned though...I doubt we get Cheek or Wall, but have a good shot at Withey, the Arizona transfer (He's down to KU and UT). Plus, we have a good shot at Harrison Barnes in '10.
Withey was actually a decommit from KU in high school, so I also believe he will probably just go back to Kansas.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 12-11-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

watching the high school showcase on espn and Lance Stephenson is beasting it
Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

looks like Dom Cheek is headed to Nova
Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Tony Gaffney from UMASS is a beast! Top 3 in Blocks and Rebounds, even though it is early. He is an ok scorer, getting better from 12-18 feet every game. 6'8, 200 lber with those types of rebounding and block numbers is pretty impressive no matter who you play.
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 12-12-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Tony Gaffney from UMASS is a beast! Top 3 in Blocks and Rebounds, even though it is early. He is an ok scorer, getting better from 12-18 feet every game. 6'8, 200 lber with those types of rebounding and block numbers is pretty impressive no matter who you play.
will he be the one that is matched up on Aldrich tommorow?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Boeheim better suspend Devendorf or else I will lose a lot of respect for him. He hit a girl in the face and got suspended from school.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: