Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
KU had an interesting trade off with AZ last night,AZ basically clobbers KU but KU nabs Jeff Withey on transfer from Arizona
Yeah that was embrassing...It would've been nice to have Cole Aldrich show up to the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to Kansas being a force this year? I saw that mentioned about a month ago by some KU fans saying that we should "watch out for the Jayhawks this year."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Cole Aldrich>Hansborough
Quote:
We're going to be good...Real Good.
Quote:
Perhaps, but even if we do, I think we still will be a top 15 team at the end of the year.
Here's some of the posts I saw.

I think they will be a good team but top 15? Aldrich > Hansbrough? (I hope that was just you kidding around).

I have seen Kansas 3 times this year, one game I came away impressed and the other two left a lot to be desired. You lost Rush, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun...Take off the homer shades. ;)

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

I think they will be a good team but top 15? Aldrich > Hansbrough? (I hope that was just you kidding around).

I have seen Kansas 3 times this year, one game I came away impressed and the other two left a lot to be desired. You lost Rush, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun...Take off the homer shades. ;)
I never said KU was gonna be a force.I think by season's end they'll be better but TBH I'd be happy if we make it past the first weekend of the NCAA's
Old 12-24-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I never said KU was gonna be a force.I think by season's end they'll be better but TBH I'd be happy if we make it past the first weekend of the NCAA's
Did I quote your posts? Noooooo...Therefore my post was not directed towards you. :D

Sorry, should have said "fan" not "fans." Kansas is not a top 15 team right now and unless Collins and Aldrich completely take their games to another level, I don't see them being a top 15 team come March. They have some talent but you also lost pretty much your entire National Title winning team from last year.

Quote:
Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did I quote your posts? Noooooo...Therefore my post was not directed towards you. :D

Sorry, should have said "fan" not "fans." Kansas is not a top 15 team right now and unless Collins and Aldrich completely take their games to another level, I don't see them being a top 15 team come March. They have some talent but you also lost pretty much your entire National Title winning team from last year.
this team is kinda similair to 2005-06(I think that was the year) when Chalmers, Rush and Wright came in as frosh a ot of inconsistensies(sp?) early on but as stated earlier by season's end look out.we really need the Morris twins to consistently show up.for every good game they follow it up with 3-4 clunkers
Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think that if we play up to our potential we can be a top 15 team...No, whether we will play up to our potential, remains to be seen...But if Aldrich, Collins, and Taylor are clicking, we can play with anyone.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jodie Meeks....
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And if Illinois plays like they did against Mizzou we will be a top 15 team. If, if, if. Kansas is not a top 15 team. Any team with some talent can say, "well if we come together we'll be really good." It's not likely Kansas will be a top 15 team and I think the reason is Sherron Collins. I guarantee I'll get blasted for this but until he becomes a pass first PG and more of a playmaker, you're not going to reach your potential.

When your PG with as much talent as Sherron has is shooting 42% from the floor and only 5 assists a game on a roster with guys around him who can play, that's a problem. Sherron was selfish back in High School and it looks like things haven't changed....A 2:1 turnover ratio is pathetic for a kid with his ability. Chester Frazier is outplaying Collins this year, and that's bad. I love Chet but c'mon...Chester Frazier may be the most offensively challenged guard in the Big 10 and he's out shooting Collins who is known for his ability to score.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Collins is lazy. I do know he's had some off the court issues, so that may have something to do with it and maybe I was a little harsh in my earlier post but Sherron is a 5 star talent. He is one of the quickest and strongest guards in the nation. His athleticism is ridiculous for a kid his size and his shot has improved. He's got playmaking ability out the ass and it's not like he doesn't have much around him. Sherron needs to step up or you will not touch the top 15.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jodie Meeks....
UK... Home of two of the top 50 scorers in the nation.

Maybe Meeks and Patterson can share the SEC POY.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
UK... Home of two of the top 50 scorers in the nation.

Maybe Meeks and Patterson can share the SEC POY.
I would love that
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And if Illinois plays like they did against Mizzou we will be a top 15 team. If, if, if. Kansas is not a top 15 team. Any team with some talent can say, "well if we come together we'll be really good." It's not likely Kansas will be a top 15 team and I think the reason is Sherron Collins. I guarantee I'll get blasted for this but until he becomes a pass first PG and more of a playmaker, you're not going to reach your potential.

When your PG with as much talent as Sherron has is shooting 42% from the floor and only 5 assists a game on a roster with guys around him who can play, that's a problem. Sherron was selfish back in High School and it looks like things haven't changed....A 2:1 turnover ratio is pathetic for a kid with his ability. Chester Frazier is outplaying Collins this year, and that's bad. I love Chet but c'mon...Chester Frazier may be the most offensively challenged guard in the Big 10 and he's out shooting Collins who is known for his ability to score.
To argue that most of the teams in the NCAA outside the top 25 have as much potential as Kansas is pure ignorance. Sherron has been playing poorly of late, I agree, but its not because of a lack of work ethic. I think he's pressing a bit too much and trying to be "the guy" at times when he doesn't need to be.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And talent doesn't always equal success. Illinois isn't the most talented team but we are playing very well right now because guys are buying into the system. You lost pretty much your entire roster from last year. Yes you have talent, but you're asking guys who have never been "the guy" to step up and be "the guy." You have placed unrealistic expectations on a team that likely is a first round/second round NCAA team, if that.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No David Lighty for a while sucks for the Buckeyes, but Buford and Mullens will both be getting more minutes now and when Lighty comes back I think the team will have improved. Buford and Mullens should only get better with experience.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu laying a beatdown on osu

up 18

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
wvu laying a beatdown on osu

up 18
Yea, UNC Asheville is a fairly easy team to beat but it's tough when you lose your captain and best perimeter defender (by far). I'm not too worried though.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

up 28.....

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOL. My school, in Canada, lost to Kansas by a single point. Yeah it was exhibition, and yeah we won 4 straight championships before last season, and yeah we beat the other 3 NCAA schools, but come on... if you can't beat a Canadian school handily you don't belong as a legit contender in the NCAA. I shudder to think what UNC or UCONN would have done to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
LOL. My school, in Canada, lost to Kansas by a single point. Yeah it was exhibition, and yeah we won 4 straight championships before last season, and yeah we beat the other 3 NCAA schools, but come on... if you can't beat a Canadian school handily you don't belong as a legit contender in the NCAA. I shudder to think what UNC or UCONN would have done to us.
We beat you by one when we started a walk-on and were missing three of our starters, including Sherron Collins.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 12-28-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
My school beat your school out for the Championship last year. I think it is fair to say Brock > Kansas :)
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois State is 12-0. Yes, no one good was beaten but 12 and 0 is probably put us in the top 50. I am satisfied with that. I am sure no one cares.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so Rutgers started their grueling week of facing the top 3 teams in the country by losing by only 24 to UNC!

Pitt and Uconn to follow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I've watched some of the ISU Games on Ch. 74, I was not impressed to be honest and quite disappointed as I had high expectations for that team with Champ coming in. 12-0 is a good start but they've had a cupcake schedule so far. The MVC will be a rude awakening for them if they don't start to play better.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've watched some of the ISU Games on Ch. 74, I was not impressed to be honest and quite disappointed as I had high expectations for that team with Champ coming in. 12-0 is a good start but they've had a cupcake schedule so far. The MVC will be a rude awakening for them if they don't start to play better.
They started conference already. They had a bad first half at missouri state but then went up in second have on a 22-2 run. I think this team is going to start playing better and better as the year goes on. It is a team that lost 4 starters last year.
Both Champ Oguchi and O have been in a shooting slump. They will play defense and win all their home games. Hopefully they will be more explosive offensively. Let us hope we can get it going. But I agree they have not been very impressive.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote