Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So it's ok to hate the Yankees because they are the Yankees, but not Duke because they are Duke?
I said strongly dislike, not hate. Strongly dislike. Love, but don't hate, like but don't hate, dislike because u can, and I urge u to strongly dislike if u think u hate. Boo!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I agree with Yoda. How can you not respect what Coach K and Duke have done in the last 25 years? They run a clean program as far as anyone knows and play fundamental basketball.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect their success and the character of Coach K, doesn't mean I have to like them.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I respect their success and the character of Coach K, doesn't mean I have to like them.
See, u said not like, not hate them. To add to 123's point, how about Coach K winning the gold in the Olympics. Alright I know, I don't really think the Olympics are all that special, and we had an otrageously tremendous team with the likes of Kobe, LeBron, Howard, and D-Wade, but he still had to win.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well saying "I don't not hate them" is just horrible English. All it means is that because I respect them and recognize their accomplishments doesn't mean they are entitled to have everyone like them, like the Yankees.

The main reason I hate both Duke and UNC is because the media make it as if it is the oldest and greatest rivalry in sports. That, and both teams whine and ***** like they are entitled to win every game without trying, and if they lose in the tournament that it was a huge conspiracy against them.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have to say I agree with Yoda. How can you not respect what Coach K and Duke have done in the last 25 years? They run a clean program as far as anyone knows and play fundamental basketball.
I'm not saying they're the only ones to do this but their players parents get high paying jobs only to be let go once that player leaves...

I don't get all pissy over Duke like most people do but I do get tired of the love fest on ESPN and the favorable calls. I definitely dislike them but generally I just ignore them.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 01-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So it's ok to hate the Yankees because they are the Yankees, but not Duke because they are Duke?
Duke doesn't "buy" their teams, they do it with work and class.

Hell of a game tonight, but I think Duke sent their ladies squad on the trip aside from Singler and Henderson. Props to wake on a nice win though.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to toot my own horn again when I said that Wake would win the ACC. They are, hands down, the most complete team in the country.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I want to toot my own horn again when I said that Wake would win the ACC. They are, hands down, the most complete team in the country.
Don't premature toot just yet. They haven't won it yet... They do have a loss to VT and have to play UNC and Duke again.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UConn the new #1 or does Wake jump them? Discuss.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Don't premature toot just yet. They haven't won it yet... They do have a loss to VT and have to play UNC and Duke again.
They did have a few injuries that game, but they just have such a great team on paper and on the floor. The front-court of James Johnson and Al-Farouq Aminu is probably the best in the country and Jeff Teague is a top-5 guard in the country. It is becoming more and more clear that front-courts are what win championships in college and that is why Wake will play Oklahoma in the NCAA finals.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
My vote goes to Wake... They've beat #1 twice.

Quote:
They did have a few injuries that game, but they just have such a great team on paper and on the floor. The front-court of James Johnson and Al-Farouq Aminu is probably the best in the country and Jeff Teague is a top-5 guard in the country. It is becoming more and more clear that front-courts are what win championships in college and that is why Wake will play Oklahoma in the NCAA finals.

I do love me some Capel but Oklahoma in the final? care to sig bet that one?

they get smoked.

yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Both have one loss. Wake beat Duke this week and Uconn beat Depaul. Wake has to jump them.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Wake has beaten 2 #1 teams in the country. UConn's best win is probably at West Virgina. That is all.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
How about I sig bet you ASU makes it further in the NCAA tourney than Duke?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-28-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
My vote goes to Wake... They've beat #1 twice.

Oklahoma has a good shot. Blake Griffin is the most dominant player in the country and their guard play is solid enough with Willie Warren, Tony Crocker and Austin Johnson who has been lighting it up lately.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wake has beaten 2 #1 teams in the country. UConn's best win is probably at West Virgina. That is all.
UConn's best win is at Gonzaga. West Virginia was a good win too. Also beat Miami and Wisconsin at neutral sites.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
UConn's best win is at Gonzaga. West Virginia was a good win too. Also beat Miami and Wisconsin at neutral sites.

Miami and Wisconsin have both fallen off the face of the earth. And Gonzaga/West Virginia come no where close to matching UNC, Duke, and Clemson.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

Al Farouq Aminu is a stud, so athletic and he is much more polished and NBA ready than I thought he would be coming out of college. Can handle it and is a great rebounder, he does need to work on his jump shot though.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens #1!!!!!!!

Wooooo Aps!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Miami and Wisconsin have both fallen off the face of the earth. And Gonzaga/West Virginia come no where close to matching UNC, Duke, and Clemson.
I wasn't trying to argue UConn over Wake, just trying to point out to turtle they have beaten good teams. I think Wake should jump UConn, and I hope they do. I don't want UConn at #1 cause that'll give them an undeserved sense of accomplishment. They need to earn that ranking.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-29-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I wasn't trying to argue UConn over Wake, just trying to point out to turtle they have beaten good teams. I think Wake should jump UConn, and I hope they do. I don't want UConn at #1 cause that'll give them an undeserved sense of accomplishment. They need to earn that ranking.
Gonzaga has shown to be VERY overrated by many (including myself). Also, the game was technically a neutral site game in Seattle. =P

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah, it's really a joke that Gonzaga is still ranked ahead of a team like Washington. Their best win all year is against Tennessee, and they have lost to Penn State and Arizona.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Gonzaga is underachieving right now, they could be a dangerous team in March if they start clicking. Austin Daye is a tremendous athlete and Jeremy Pargo is a very good PG. Matt Bouldin, Steven Gray are solid rotational players and Josh Heytvelt is a big man who can spread the floor.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it's really a joke that Gonzaga is still ranked ahead of a team like Washington. Their best win all year is against Tennessee, and they have lost to Penn State and Arizona.
I wouldn't even consider Tennessee a good win right now. :(

We've lost like 4 of our last 5 home games. Damn Scotty Hopson. You're a 5 star AA from Kentucky that was supposed to be a good shooter. I shoot better than that ass ****** with my left hand. Rainbow shot 3 pointer air balls FTL.