Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Georgetown lost again. This team has just fallen off the face of the Earth.

Also, I'm sorry for ever mentioning "Syracuse" and "defense" in the same sentence together...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How high do you think Terence Williams from Louisville will be drafted?
he kinda reminds me of Lebron James, except not nearly as good. if that makes any sense..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
he kinda reminds me of Lebron James, except not nearly as good. if that makes any sense..
Mid to late first round pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Williams is a very good player who can do it all. He is good for a #2 role and I compare him to Scottie Pippen(w/ Jordan). Also a less polished Brandon Roy. I think after workouts he could sneak his way into the lottery.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Louisville team is just incredibly talented and incredibly athletic. It's been nice to see them put it all together. I thought they were going to win the BE preseason and still do, they've got a shot to really make some noise in the NCAA's this year as well.

EDIT:

One helluva battle of incompetence between Rutgers and Seton Hall on ESPN2 right now.

Last edited by derza222 : 01-29-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: didn't want to double post
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clemson/VA Tech was a good game. Clemson with a big win on the road. Bob Knight is great as a color men. Very insightful.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron? Nah man. Williams though I love. Imo Williams> Earl Clark. Earl gets all the attention for his size and length but he's an enigma. So inconsistent. IMO Williams is a more skilled but not as vertically gifted Gerald Wallace. He can handle, pass, rebound, defend, slash, and has a decent mid range-outside shot. IMO he in Phil Jackson's triangle offense would be a dream. That would allow them to avoid having to pay Ariza a sizeable contract. Also they could lose Odom and keep Ariza.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
LeBron? Nah man. Williams though I love. Imo Williams> Earl Clark. Earl gets all the attention for his size and length but he's an enigma. So inconsistent. IMO Williams is a more skilled but not as vertically gifted Gerald Wallace. He can handle, pass, rebound, defend, slash, and has a decent mid range-outside shot. IMO he in Phil Jackson's triangle offense would be a dream. That would allow them to avoid having to pay Ariza a sizeable contract. Also they could lose Odom and keep Ariza.
Almost like a shorter Boris Diaw to compare him to another player on the same team, perhaps a Wallace/Diaw combo.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
okay, i didnt mean hes as good or gonna be the next Lebron James. I ment it like he can score, pass, rebound an is really athletic. He's no where near as good but he's still good.
get what im saying? or am i going no where? haha

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Almost like a shorter Boris Diaw to compare him to another player on the same team, perhaps a Wallace/Diaw combo.
I don't know about Diaw I guess in the sense they are tall and can handle and pass but Diaw is incredibly unathletic and his game is revolved around posting. He operates from the post with both scoring and passing. As a perimeter defender he lacks foot speed but has the ability to guard bigs. I guess a poor man's Scottie Pippen is really the best comparison for him. Or maybe Andre Iguodala, or a less scoring talented Caron Butler.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know about Diaw I guess in the sense they are tall and can handle and pass but Diaw is incredibly unathletic and his game is revolved around posting. He operates from the post with both scoring and passing. As a perimeter defender he lacks foot speed but has the ability to guard bigs. I guess a poor man's Scottie Pippen is really the best comparison for him. Or maybe Andre Iguodala, or a less scoring talented Caron Butler.
Yeah I guess what I meant there is that with Williams you have the size and skill level of a Diaw but closer to the athleticism of a Wallace. I love Wallace and he's one of my favorite players in the NBA but I just don't see him as a guy that's quite as skilled as Williams.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Louisville is long, athletic and talented. They're a good team, I thought they would be plagued with chemistry problems, appears to not be the case.

As much as it pains me to say...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona is up 12 on Washington. Washington State up 4 on Ariz. State. Maybe the Pac-10 is more balanced then we all thought?

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gopher D is just swarming Illinois right now. 27 points with 7 minutes to go O_O
Old 01-29-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Gopher D is just swarming Illinois right now. 27 points with 7 minutes to go O_O
don't remind me, i hate gambling!

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow what a game for the Gophers. Beat Illinois 59-36. Their defense was great to watch, I think I could count the number of Illinois' open looks on one hand.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah!!!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Gonzaga/St. Mary's on right now. Great game so far, Paddy Mills is on fire.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-29-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.......... That sucked. You gotta love your "3-point specialist" going 2-10 from 3-pt line. It just kills you.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Well.......... That sucked. You gotta love your "3-point specialist" going 2-10 from 3-pt line. It just kills you.
Jeremy Hazell of Seton Hall went 0-10 in their upset of Georgetown. Apparently in the postgame interview he said he thought each of them were going in. As if it wasn't ridiculous enough that he popped ten threes and missed all of them, he actually took enough shots to lead the team with 23 points that game. I haven't looked at his percentages but he's got to be shooting in the high thirties or low forties from the field this year. Every time I've seen him he just chucks it up.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

St. Mary's is awful without Paddy Mills. He sprained his wrist in the first half.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taj Gibson and USC FTW!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I wouldn't even consider Tennessee a good win right now. :(

We've lost like 4 of our last 5 home games. Damn Scotty Hopson. You're a 5 star AA from Kentucky that was supposed to be a good shooter. I shoot better than that ass ****** with my left hand. Rainbow shot 3 pointer air balls FTL.
I'm still not sure how he got the 5 star rating, it was mostly because of AAU. Darius Miller showed him up in their HS games.

The general theory going around is the UK staff laid back on purpose and jumped in when they knew it was too late just to give the fanbase the vibe that they tried for him. He wouldn't have worked out in our system, there were people telling him he was 1 and done lol. I'm sure he'll be a good player eventually but not even close to 1 and done (obviously).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm still not sure how he got the 5 star rating, it was mostly because of AAU. Darius Miller showed him up in their HS games.

The general theory going around is the UK staff laid back on purpose and jumped in when they knew it was too late just to give the fanbase the vibe that they tried for him. He wouldn't have worked out in our system, there were people telling him he was 1 and done lol. I'm sure he'll be a good player eventually but not even close to 1 and done (obviously).
The only players who might leave Tennessee after this year are Wayne Chism and Tyler Smith. I don't think both will leave, but maybe one will. So maybe with a little luck Tennessee can return everyone and be contenders next year.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Wake Forest had to do was beat cellar dwellar Georgia Tech today to be #1 on Monday, and they lose. Way to go Demon Deacons! As long as Uconn takes care of business against Providence today, they will be #1. Providence isn't really a gimme however, they did just beat Syracuse and are quietly 6-2 in the conference.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote