Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, Penn State is making some plays. Battle is IMO the best player in the conference. He really doesn't have a lot around him and has had an unbelievable year, kid is nails.

I know people will say Hummel, Lucas, Turner, Moore, Morgan, etc but Battle is insane. Single handily taking this game over right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think Battle is the best and he deserves POY for basically carrying PSU. Turner is also ridiculous, and has carried OSU, but not in the way Battle has for PSU. Lucas is my 3rd, but he isn't really as close to the top 2 as they are to eachother.

and that's a terrible call.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We shut down Turner both times we played them so that's why I have other guys ahead of him. Evan has a lot of raw ability still and I think this year was his learning curve.

Battle and Lucas are hard to compare because they play two different roles on their team. Lucas distributes and is the floor leader, Battle has to playmake for his team and be the #1 scoring option. There is a lot more pressure for Battle to come and play every game than there is for Lucas.

But yea Battle is sick, he does shoot a lot but it's hard to blame him with his supporting cast.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Turner did really well this year given the circumstances of OSU and how he essentially was forced to take over. Idk if he is necessarily the 2nd best talent, but imo he has played 2nd best this year.

Also, these refs are horrendous in OT so far.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri just cut the lead to eight...Aggies downing their best to blow it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

As far as pro prospects go I'll take Turner, but Lighty is pretty legit. At the same token though Ohio STate is stacked with 4 and 5 star guys (Buford, Mullens, Diebler) to go along with those two.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
As far as pro prospects go I'll take Turner, but Lighty is pretty legit. At the same token though Ohio STate is stacked with 4 and 5 star guys (Buford, Mullens, Diebler) to go along with those two.
Agreed, but it's pretty obvious that Battle, who has done more with less, should be the POY, especially given the final week of the season with PSU's postseason hopes on the line.

I hope Jake Kelly gets some sort of postseason award, he is ridiculous. 210 minutes in 5 straight games, including playing sick today. I'm hoping 2nd team all Big XI, but idk how plausible that is.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Go Iowa!

Never thought I would mutter those words.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Mizzou loses by 10, but the game wasn't even close.

Kelly is insane right now, a little lucky but he's made pretty much every play for Iowa in overtime lol.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mizzou loses by 10, but the game wasn't even close.

Kelly is insane right now, a little lucky but he's made pretty much every play for Iowa in overtime lol.
Yes, and he is sick and playing his 215th straight minute. I know I keep saying that, but that is absurd. It includes an OT win over Michigan and at least a double OT game vs. PSU.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laval Lucas-Perry finally shows us why Michigan coaches were so excited about his transfer.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Laval Lucas-Perry finally shows us why Michigan coaches were so excited about his transfer.
I was fortunate enough to go to the game today and he was very impressive. Michigan is such a tough team, and when they hit the tournament, they're a team I would want to stay away from.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GameDay was a blast

digger phelps is surprisingly cool, and bob knight was funny the two times he talked to the crowd

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas gets the W against Texas for their 5th straight Big 12 Championship...Pretty amazing accomplishment IMO in a power conference. The team really bought into what Self was selling after the first ten minutes game. Our defense really struggled early, but only allowed 2 FG in the last 11 minutes of the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BamaFalcon vs. adschofield in a battle of the homers. Who will come out on top in this epic battle?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
BamaFalcon vs. adschofield in a battle of the homers. Who will come out on top in this epic battle?
Really didn't see anything homerish in my post...Is it really being a homer, when you're right? Let's review shall we? I called the KU football team underrated two years, and posters called me a homer. That team won a BCS bowl. I said KU was the best team in the NCAA last year, for which I was blasted by others. That team won the NCAA championship. I was called a homer when I said this current KU basketball would be a top 15 team in March and a competitor for the Big 12 Championship. That team is now ranked #9 and the outright Big 12 champions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

You don't have to be wrong to be a homer. You just have to jizz your pants over everything involving your team.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-07-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Kansas gets the W against Texas for their 5th straight Big 12 Championship...Pretty amazing accomplishment IMO in a power conference. The team really bought into what Self was selling after the first ten minutes game. Our defense really struggled early, but only allowed 2 FG in the last 11 minutes of the game.
Brady Morningstar really locked Aj Abrams down

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 03-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UW HUSKiES! Outright Pac X champs.

oh, and Isiah Thomas > Jrue Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
UW HUSKiES! Outright Pac X champs.

oh, and Isiah Thomas > Jrue Holliday
I'll drink to that. The Huskies have been great to watch this year.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You don't have to be wrong to be a homer. You just have to jizz your pants over everything involving your team.
I've always thought of a homer as someone whose opinions and viewed are skewed and biased towards their team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Northern Iowa/Illinois State was an exciting and entertaining MVC Championship Game. I don't see Northern Iowa putting up too much of a battle in the tournament, and I think Creighton is the team from the conference that could make it out of the first round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

watch out for Vandy to make a run in the SEC tournament- we're a young team but have played great down the stretch.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Creighton looked bad in the MVC Tourney. UNI is a balanced team which is going to help them so I'm going to disagree there. They play some pretty good defense, value the basketball, have weapons in the post, and have a good outside game.

They shut down a very potent offensive team in Illinois State today, well apart from Eldridge going off but his shots were unreal.

UNI is a team I would not want to face in the first round. MVC teams usually fair pretty well in the Tournament.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
watch out for Vandy to make a run in the SEC tournament- we're a young team but have played great down the stretch.
Be my guest, it'd move our RPI up if you did that because we beat you in OOC at your place. The SEC is a baaadddd conference so I can see a team like Alabama making a run in that thing.

Quote: