Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
and with AJ Price.
Without Dyson though. My bad, mixed the injured player up.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yes, I've had this discussion before too. The play in game is a slap in the face to the kids who actually went out and won their conference tournaments. They did what they had to do to get an automatic bid, but that's not good enough. Now they have to win one more game just to get into the tournament. I know it's better than not making it in at all, but still.

If they insist on doing a play in game, it should be the last team in vs the first team out for the final #12 seed. For example, this year Arizona should've played St. Mary's or San Diego State for the right to get in.
Actually it would have had to been Arizona vs. Wisconsin in your scenario though. Because Morehead and Alabama St would have automatically gotten in.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Actually it would have had to been Arizona vs. Wisconsin in your scenario though. Because Morehead and Alabama St would have automatically gotten in.
That's true. Good call.

I think everyone could agree that Arizona/Wisconsin would be a much better game than Morehead vs ASU.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, I can't beleive I switched my pick to Cal last night. I had them losing right afterwards anyway, so It's not too bad. I just gotta hope Maryland somehow loses to Memphis.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true. Good call.

I think everyone could agree that Arizona/Wisconsin would be a much better game than Morehead vs ASU.
But the point of the 16 seed is basically to give the 1 seed a free game. Arizona and Wisconsin are much better than 16 seed teams.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
But the point of the 16 seed is basically to give the 1 seed a free game. Arizona and Wisconsin are much better than 16 seed teams.
I'm saying that Arizona/Wisconsin should play for the final 12 seed not the final 16 seed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true. Good call.

Yes. And it's not even like the play in game has to be for 16. Give those smaller schools with no chance the 15 and 16 seeds still. But like you said, make the play in game for the final 12 seed or whatever, so that we can see 2 decent, bigger/more known teams actually have to earn the last spot. Not only does it make them earn the spot/not take away from the 16 seeds that earned it, but it would be an intense game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got in 1 pick wrong so far. Damn you LSU! lol
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm saying that Arizona/Wisconsin should play for the final 12 seed not the final 16 seed.
Well I guess that's what I get for not reading.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't claim to be unbiased, but I like Minnesota's odds tonight.
I like Minnesota tonight as well. More of a hunch than anything else, but they're a solid team and Texas has really struggled lately. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong, but that's the pick I made in most of my brackets.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I like Minnesota tonight as well. More of a hunch than anything else, but they're a solid team and Texas has really struggled lately. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong, but that's the pick I made in most of my brackets.
Yeah, same here. Just got a gut feeling to go with Minnesota.

Then again, I had a gut feeling to go with UNI, so... :/
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Washington will definitely beat UConn IMO. Brockman can get Thabeet into foul trouble, and after that, it's done. This is the same UConn team that lost first round last year, just a year more experienced.

I have them in the Final Four. Washington has really been overlooked, especially since their bracket is so weak. Isiah Thomas has been flying under the radar this year and should be right there with Tyreke Evans in the freshman of the year race imo.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such a good idea. I don't know why they don't do it. Honestly, I've never watched a play-in game in my life. But if Arizona was playing Wisconsin on Tuesday night, I would have been watching. Also where was the Morehead/Alabama St. game played? How empty was the arena? They stand to make more money between attendance and ratings by doing it the way suggested here.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have them in the Final Four. Washington has really been overlooked, especially since their bracket is so weak. Isiah Thomas has been flying under the radar this year and should be right there with Tyreke Evans in the freshman of the year race imo.
I totally disagree on the weak bracket. If I were to rank my 10 teams most likely to win it all in the tourney, Connecticut, Memphis, and Missouri would all be in it.

Conversly, I think the South is pretty weak. Outside of North Carolina I think Gonzaga is probably the next strongest team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally disagree on the weak bracket. If I were to rank my 10 teams most likely to win it all in the tourney, Connecticut, Memphis, and Missouri would all be in it.

eh, Memphis hasn't really beaten anyone other than Gonzaga this year. I know that point has been beaten into the ground but in the past they haven't seemed to be very disciplined. Last year their talent made up for it but I don't see the same talent on this team.

Missouri is way too up and down for my tastes, and I can't see them putting together six wins in a row over good teams.

I could see Uconn, but I've seen Washington play a lot this year and I really like them. They're very balanced with Brockman inside and good guard play in Thomas and Dentmon.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, same here. Just got a gut feeling to go with Minnesota.

Then again, I had a gut feeling to go with UNI, so... :/
Haha same here, thus the lack of confidence in my Minnesota gut feeling.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in a tourney where you get points based on the seeding of the teams (ie: if the #2 seed wins you get 2 points, if the #15 seed wins you get 15).

I've got Morgan State over Oklahoma tonight. Probably the most likely 15 seed upset.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm in a tourney where you get points based on the seeding of the teams (ie: if the #2 seed wins you get 2 points, if the #15 seed wins you get 15).

I've got Morgan State over Oklahoma tonight. Probably the most likely 15 seed upset.
If Blake Griffin gets in foul trouble I wouldn't count you out.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's such a good idea. I don't know why they don't do it. Honestly, I've never watched a play-in game in my life. But if Arizona was playing Wisconsin on Tuesday night, I would have been watching. Also where was the Morehead/Alabama St. game played? How empty was the arena? They stand to make more money between attendance and ratings by doing it the way suggested here.
I believe it was at Dayton because the winner plays Louisville in Dayton.

The only point I see them making is that although some teams are the last ones in, the 16 seeds is technically lower than a 12. And so being the worst possible seed, the playin game is to see who plays the top overall seed. That logic makes sense, but I just feel like having a more competitive game, between more recognized programs that don't have an auto bid is both more exciting and would bring in more money from attendance and TV viewing.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-19-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Washington will definitely beat UConn IMO. Brockman can get Thabeet into foul trouble, and after that, it's done. This is the same UConn team that lost first round last year, just a year more experienced.
Thabeet does not get into foul trouble. Happens maybe once every 15 games-ish. There are only 2 players in CB that can give Thabeet trouble, and they're Hansbrough and Blair.

Wasington is overrated anyway. They're killing a weak looking Miss St squad. Great.

We're not the same team as last year. Last year, Thabeet was useless offensively, Adrien had an average mid-range game, Price couldn't shoot 3s, Edwards got barely any minutes and we didn't have Kemba Walker.

On the negative end, Austrie has regressed as a shooter and Dyson is injured.

Kansas had multiple early exits before winning the tourney last year. If anything it should be a positive that we're the same team as last year considering how players usually improve every year.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Wait you're a Miami football fan and a UConn basketball fan? How did that work when they were both in the Big East?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bout to be 10-0
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wait you're a Miami football fan and a UConn basketball fan? How did that work when they were both in the Big East?
lol.

I've been a UConn fan since Denham Brown signed (2003 I believe).

I've been a Miami fan (football) since 2003 as well. It just sort of happened. I cheered for Miami against OSU and then I've been a fan ever since, although I wasn't a serious fan until 2005, starting with the ****** loss to FSU in the opener and culminating in the LSU blowout in the bowl game. I still don't really know why I became a Miami fan....I used to be a Dolphins fan and I would always buy Canes and Dolphins gear, but then I became a Bucs fan in 2002.

idk...it's weird being a huge football fan and living in Canada. Fanhood just comes randomly.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am 8-0 right now... but it gets interesting tonight. I have

OU
Minn
Duke
VCU
WKU
Nova
Mich
Gonzaga
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Minnesota wins the tip... and thus the game?

Certainly off to a good start.