Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.
i disagree. we have crap talent. a key role player for us is ERIK SUHR!!!
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
IU doesn't have bad talent, but they are overachievers. They play great defense and are also a very good rebounding team despite having only two players that are over 6'9''. And if you think Ben Allen is a key bench player you don't know IU. The game will be close, to think it will be a blowout doesn't make sense. It will a tough win for us because we never seem to win on the road.
AJ, DJ, Allen and Shaw were all 4-stars or better. Suhr is a key role player because he hustles and plays as hard as any player in the NCAA when he's out there. Don't think he's not talented either, the kid was an Indiana High School All-Star.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I think Indiana has a much better team this year, but this is a potential trap game for the Hoosiers. UConn has a ton of talent, and I always give the coaching edge to Jim Calhoun, especially when he's developing young kids. I think he and his assistants do a tremendous job every year with this.

Regardless, Indiana should be able to execute better than UConn and should win. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if UConn hung in there and earned a great character win.
:?:

You make it sound like IU is a favorite in this game. I don't think they are.

UCONN has more talent on the team.
I think that Indiana has more veterans on their team and are playing with more efficiency and toughness at this stage of the season. To me, Indiana has played much better than UConn to date. I believe Indiana should win this game if they execute. However, I believe UConn has more talent. The difference here is the youth of UConn. I think Indiana will control the tempo and will execute. I think they win by 7.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink

I wouldn't say we have veterans. We only have three seniors, one of which is a JUCO and the other doesn't play much.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

For anyone in the NY metro area: some hoosier alumni will be watching the game at Kate Kaerney's followed by the IU bar (Proof) for post game. I plan on wearing the gameday shorts with a blue button up and red tie. Sampson attire baby. Gotta be passionate about gameday on Saturday's.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
For anyone in the NY metro area: some hoosier alumni will be watching the game at Kate Kaerney's followed by the IU bar (Proof) for post game. I plan on wearing the gameday shorts with a blue button up and red tie. Sampson attire baby. Gotta be passionate about gameday on Saturday's.
If you wear a jacket, be sure to take it off within minutes of your arrival.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say we have veterans. We only have three seniors, one of which is a JUCO and the other doesn't play much.
Better than UConn, who basically replaced its top 7 players from a year ago. There is at least decent continuity on the Indiana team. I think 20 year old players are generally more developed and ready to win than 18 year old players. The veterans can generally outflank more talented youngsters because they know more about the game and about success on the college level. UConn is still learning that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
If you wear a jacket, be sure to take it off within minutes of your arrival.
I will do that. and i will keep tucking my shirt in. then i will keep tugging at my hair. that should do.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WHAT!? BC dimissed Sean Williams from the team oooh man what a bad move who cares what he did hes an athlete- possesion of marajuana i believe but still! 75 blocks in 15 games
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, Ohio State owned Northwestern...

But Wisconsin barely got by Purdue. Alando Tucker is the most annoying player in the NCAA, one because he always makes crazy ass shots and two because he always makes them at the right time.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk

But Wisconsin barely got by Purdue. Alando Tucker is the most exciting player in the NCAA, one because he always makes crazy ass shots and two because he always makes them at the right time.
Eh, wasn't really that bad of a win. It wasn't like the Northwestern were they played terrible. I'm not really concerned about this one.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2734222

Sean Williams dismissed from BC. Ugggghhhhh. What an idiot. That really hurts any chance BC had left to go far this season. With Williams gone we just lost most of our defense pretty much. McLain is a good player too but the loss of Williams overshadows anything else involving BC basketball now.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito

Sean Williams dismissed from BC. Ugggghhhhh. What an idiot. That really hurts any chance BC had left to go far this season. With Williams gone we just lost most of our defense pretty much. McLain is a good player too but the loss of Williams overshadows anything else involving BC basketball now.
look three posts above you
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Quote:

Sorry my bad. Still, this is a huge blow to BC. We have no inside presence on both ends of the court now.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry my bad. Still, this is a huge blow to BC. We have no inside presence on both ends of the court now.
yeah def im just glad someone else brought it up cause it seemed lik noone cared, yeah he coulda been a first rounder but not anymore- look at Sean Banks a few years back i really liked that guy
Old 01-18-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Dominic James is one of my favorite players in college ball right now, anyone else?
DJ White baby.
I have actually met DJ White and played 1 on 1 with him. he is a mother *********** beast.
Holy ***********. How'd you meet him?
Micheal Jordans camp down in Santa Barbara. Dude is hella chill.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AJ, DJ, Allen and Shaw were all 4-stars or better. Suhr is a key role player because he hustles and plays as hard as any player in the NCAA when he's out there. Don't think he's not talented either, the kid was an Indiana High School All-Star.
DJ and Shaw are the only 2 from that group that have remotely materialized. Shaw is showing signs so I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but AJ is a dope. And Allen...well let's just say when he graduates it will finally open up another scholarship. That's the best contribution he can give to the team.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, too have been every disappointed in Allen. I still hope he can improve and be atleast a solid player off the bench. Obviously, with his size and shooting ability, he has the talent to be MUCH better then what he is.

I have been disappointed with Ratliff also, but at least he has been showing signs of life lately. I believe he still has one more year of eligibility, so hopefully he can still improve and finish his career on a strong note.

Our top recruits haven't been great, but several of our lesser-heralded guys have stepped up and played very well.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
WHAT!? BC dimissed Sean Williams from the team oooh man what a bad move who cares what he did hes an athlete- possesion of marajuana i believe but still! 75 blocks in 15 games
This wasn't the first time. He has been caught at least 3 times now. Too bad. A great young talent going to waste.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk

But Wisconsin barely got by Purdue. Alando Tucker is the most annoying player in the NCAA, one because he always makes crazy ass shots and two because he always makes them at the right time.
Or because he beat OSU? That's what i'm thinking.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I applaud this decision. BC is portecting their reputation as a fine academic institution. (Unless FDK goes there, then all hell will break loose)

Williams will find his way in the NBA.

BTW does anyone know why John Garcia doesn't play for Seton Hall, he was an extremely regarded prospect coming out of Long Island two years ago. I know he got hurt last year but was penciled in as a starter this year.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That duke game had some highlights in it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second Page?! That's ridiculous. This should be stickied. Anyway, Wisconsin will beat Illinois today.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:
I applaud this decision. BC is portecting their reputation as a fine academic institution. (Unless FDK goes there, then all hell will break loose)

Williams will find his way in the NBA.

BTW does anyone know why John Garcia doesn't play for Seton Hall, he was an extremely regarded prospect coming out of Long Island two years ago. I know he got hurt last year but was penciled in as a starter this year.
yeah the next ben wallace it will hurt BC today and i think they have no chance at beating clemson
Old 01-20-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

i know im just throwing this out there but L'ville had a perfect game from Juan Placidos and Pitino benched him? whats up with that and then he put him back and he contined to be perfect- does pitino hate him or something cause he didnt really see much minutes this year