Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Close call for UK tonight. Heard there was some home cooking in the calls tonight but I didn't see the game.

UK has some scary potential but I think it may take a while for them to mesh together. I've always been an opponent of Calipari's coaching but as long as he's got them playing their best ball heading into March, that's all that matters.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gophers look pretty good so far. They're doing what they're supposed to do, beating up on inferior teams. Remember the name Rodney Williams, because he is progressing a million times faster than I or most Gopher fans expected him to.

Also, 24 hours straight of college basketball starting in about a half hour. Should be pretty awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Gophers look pretty good so far. They're doing what they're supposed to do, beating up on inferior teams. Remember the name Rodney Williams, because he is progressing a million times faster than I or most Gopher fans expected him to.

Also, 24 hours straight of college basketball starting in about a half hour. Should be pretty awesome.
Al Nolen brings the ruckus to the ladies

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Al Nolen brings the ruckus to the ladies

If he could shoot outside of 3 feet.

Nah, he's a fine PG, great defender and distributer.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he could shoot outside of 3 feet.

Nah, he's a fine PG, great defender and distributer.
Al Nolen only needs a three foot window for the shooting he does. Like I said, he brings the ruckus to the ladies

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's one minute and 39 seconds in and Drew Gordon has missed about 500 shots.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Alex Orakhi looks awful so far in this game for UCONN.

On the good side though, Jim Calhoun hasn't burst a blood vessel yet.
Not really. He turned the ball over a couple times and didn't score much but he's playing out of position right now since Ater Majok isn't able to play until December. Right now he just needs to rebound for us and he's doing a good job of that.

On another note, Stanley Robinson is awesome. He is such an athletic freak. 6'8 with super long arms and he can jump incredibly high. If he keeps playing like this I could easily see him becoming a first round pick in the NBA draft. Ideally he's a project guy who needs to work on his shooting but can dunk and play defense.

He'd be perfect in New Orleans. Paul would salivate being able to throw alley oops to Robinson.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not really. He turned the ball over a couple times and didn't score much but he's playing out of position right now since Ater Majok isn't able to play until December. Right now he just needs to rebound for us and he's doing a good job of that.

On another note, Stanley Robinson is awesome. He is such an athletic freak. 6'8 with super long arms and he can jump incredibly high. If he keeps playing like this I could easily see him becoming a first round pick in the NBA draft. Ideally he's a project guy who needs to work on his shooting but can dunk and play defense.

He'd be perfect in New Orleans. Paul would salivate being able to throw alley oops to Robinson.

New Orleans already did the whole athlete who can't hit a shot outside of 5 feet thing with Julian Wright.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Orleans already did the whole athlete who can't hit a shot outside of 5 feet thing with Julian Wright.
No offense to Julian Wright but he and Robinson aren't really that similar. Robinson has shown the ability early in the year to knock down threes and make jump shots which would be a huge addition to his game.

Plus I don't think Wright can run the floor like Robinson can. Nor can he jump like Robinson. The only real similarity is that they both can finish at the rim.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Stanley Robinson in Washington if we ended up with a late lottery selection.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

UCLA is looking absolutely awful against Cal State Fullerton right now.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UCLA is looking absolutely awful against Cal State Fullerton right now.
This is going to be a loooooooong season for UCLA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This is going to be a loooooooong season for UCLA.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the tournament. Just not a whole lot of offensive talent.

Fullerton isn't even good. At all.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....John Wall, is he legit?

Alot of hype around him, looks very explosive from what I saw and looks like he could be scary good if he develops.

Anyone have any comparisons for him? How does he stack up to prior Freshman PG's like Chris Paul or Derrick Rose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
It's because they lost my boy Jermain Davis!!!!!
That and we lost half our team (literally) in the offseason, including I believe 3 starters and a total of 5 guys that would either have started or contributed a lot of minutes this season.

Before the season I was hoping for 10 wins. I've readjusted my goals to 7 wins and 1 Big XI win.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
That and we lost half our team (literally) in the offseason, including I believe 3 starters and a total of 5 guys that would either have started or contributed a lot of minutes this season.

Before the season I was hoping for 10 wins. I've readjusted my goals to 7 wins and 1 Big XI win.

You'll probably beat Northwestern now that Coble is done for the year.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game was ridiculous.

I think if I played for Miami, I would've been about 5-10 from 3 lol. UK didn't really even play that bad. Defense was so-so and offense got a little reckless at times but really I wasn't too disappointed with how they played. Miami was just out of their mind shooting the ball. The first 5 or 6 three's they made they had guys draped on them.

Cousins, Wall and Patterson took over late in the 2nd half. Darius Miller hit two big shots. It was nice to see. If we were a veteran team I'd be concerned but for a young team, a game like this is really probably a good thing in the long run. Would be good for my heart if they don't do it again lol.

Not sure where you heard about home cooking, there were a lot more fouls called on Miami but that's because all our guys did was drive to the basket and all they did was jack up 3's.

Wall gets a lot of Rose comparisons only he's just a tick quicker. Him and Bledsoe have nice mid-range shots, just need to work on the 3 ball.

Cal State Fullerton takes UCLA to OT. Nice. I will be up till the break of dawn watching all this college basketball gloriousness.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

UCLA sucks. Terrible final possession there. This game isn't even a fluke like the Kentucky game, they just aren't good.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll probably beat Northwestern now that Coble is done for the year.
I think you might overestimate this Iowa team. Wait until you see them play a game.

Our coach's 5'8 walk on son might be part of our next 3 in off the bench. You read that right.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think you might overestimate this Iowa team. Wait until you see them play a game.

Our coach's 5'8 walk on son might be part of our next 3 in off the bench. You read that right.
You certainly won't be good at all, but Matt Gatens is pretty solid and Anthony Tucker got off to a pretty good start last year before his suspension.

But yeah, if I were a Hawkeye fan I'd be rooting to just win more than 1 conference game, especially because the conference is so loaded this year.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
You certainly won't be good at all, but Matt Gatens is pretty solid and Anthony Tucker got off to a pretty good start last year before his suspension.

But yeah, if I were a Hawkeye fan I'd be rooting to just win more than 1 conference game, especially because the conference is so loaded this year.
Really, my goal is to have a better record than Indiana last year. Not look like a better team, just get a better record, but I don't think it's possible.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-17-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are these games actually going at like 2am?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

No, he was downright bad in the first ten minutes of the game. He had 2-3 turnovers and was playing horrible defense. He started to turn it on after that.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:21 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

curse this 24 hours of basketball...it's made me not get one minute of sleep
Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow UCLA dropped a game.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote