Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-01-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
wow... Duke was nearly ranked ahead of UK in the ESPN/USA Today poll... What a joke.
Agree completely. Casual fans don't realize how pathetically bad the ACC is this year. It will probably be Duke, Maryland, WF, and maybe Clemson and VT in the tournament. Only two locks really this year. Not to mention the best non-conf game they played was probably Gonzaga early in the year.

They are good but I feel are not battle tested because the ACC is down.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Georgetown is really struggling lately. Even with Freeman out, Georgetown is one of those teams that really shouldn't be that reliant on one player. Getting destroyed by West Virginia right now.

Also, completely unrelated but Jay Bilas is fantastic.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-01-2010 at 06:49 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgetown has been horrific as of lately. Chris Wright has been awful with decision making and it has finally come to bite them in the ass that they only have 1 legit big man on the entire roster. I'm not talking legit as in a starter, but as in someone who is D1 caliber.

Still though the score is much closer than it should be as weird as that sounds as WVU is shooting insanely. I love Butler. On a side note Ebanks is the most overrated player in the draft. If he declares he shouldn't be drafted. IMO he's not even top 5 on his team and has been horrible this year. He's slow, he's weak, and can't shoot. I don't see the hype. I get that he's tall and lanky, but that's about all he has going for him. No touch and absolutely no basketball IQ. I think he hurts them more than he helps.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Georgetown has been horrific as of lately. Chris Wright has been awful with decision making and it has finally come to bite them in the ass that they only have 1 legit big man on the entire roster. I'm not talking legit as in a starter, but as in someone who is D1 caliber.

Still though the score is much closer than it should be as weird as that sounds as WVU is shooting insanely. I love Butler. On a side note Ebanks is the most overrated player in the draft. If he declares he shouldn't be drafted. IMO he's not even top 5 on his team and has been horrible this year. He's slow, he's weak, and can't shoot. I don't see the hype. I get that he's tall and lanky, but that's about all he has going for him. No touch and absolutely no basketball IQ. I think he hurts them more than he helps.
He needs to come back for another season under Huggins. The talent is there, and he has been coming into his own the past couple of games. He got hyped from a great freshman season but now he has declined due to the fact that he got bigheaded in the offseason and has accepted a smaller role on this team. If he stays for his junior season I think you will see why he's rated as a lottery pick once Butler is gone and he becomes the go to man.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ebanks has been playin much better offensively the past 5-6 games

his defense/rebounding has always been good this year

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For anyone who gives a damn, here's my latest blog entry on everyone's favorite Mid-Major program, Oakland University:

http://blog.mlive.com/golden_grizzli...d_preview.html
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Relatively speaking, the major conferences really suck this year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas has really **** the bed since thye achieved number 1 raking.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the way Illinois has played lately. I would not want them to be a 8/9 seed in UK's bracket. Can't believe they laid the egg vs. Minnesota but they've been playing great lately.

UTEP and Marshall was a battle. UTEP can really play.

And Texas most definitely sucks, last night I lost my first Big 12 bet of the entire season thanks to their awfulness. Granted, injuries have really played a role into things.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I really like the way Illinois has played lately. I would not want them to be a 8/9 seed in UK's bracket. Can't believe they laid the egg vs. Minnesota but they've been playing great lately.

UTEP and Marshall was a battle. UTEP can really play.

And Texas most definitely sucks, last night I lost my first Big 12 bet of the entire season thanks to their awfulness. Granted, injuries have really played a role into things.

When Illinois is on they can play with almost anyone. But when they're bad.....they're REALLY bad. Like Iowa bad. Not consistent at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

haha go figure immediately after I post that they start sucking. I couldn't believe they beat Wisconsin at their place, that was when I became a believer. They also played Purdue really well. Then it seemed like they'd never score against you all.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner is considering a return to tOSU. At least he is saying it, right? lol. tOSU has a beast of a recruiting class.

Diebler has played 199 straight minutes lol
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Steve Lavin made a good point. OSU played pretty well considering Turner's mediocre game. They have to have the best starting 5 in the nation.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cincy may be one of the worst coached teams in the country

have some very good talent, but nothing to show for it

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mostly just how disappointing their big men have been. Cronin is about to get the axe.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Selby has closed his recruitment.down to UCONN, UK, 'Zona and KU.I think Knight goes to UK and Selby ends up at KU...just a guess though
Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quite the lineup of games tonight. I actually wish UK had played last night so I could watch some of them.

I got K-State+9, UAB-3, Georgia+8, LaSalle-4.5, South Carolina-3, Maryland+2. With this many games I'm sure to bomb lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Josh Selby has closed his recruitment.down to UCONN, UK, 'Zona and KU.I think Knight goes to UK and Selby ends up at KU...just a guess though
I read he added UMD to the list and is actually going to be at the Terps/Duke game tonight. I think our chances at getting him are extremely limited since it's so late in his recruitment but apparently we've been added to the list.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I read he added UMD to the list and is actually going to be at the Terps/Duke game tonight. I think our chances at getting him are extremely limited since it's so late in his recruitment but apparently we've been added to the list.
i just read a bit ago his mom said the visit to UMD is off.I think KU is the favorites for Selby with UK the favorites for Knight
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

tonight is Sherron Collins and more then likely Cole Aldrich's last game at AFH.:(
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
i just read a bit ago his mom said the visit to UMD is off.I think KU is the favorites for Selby with UK the favorites for Knight
Yup, just read that, UMD basically told him not to come:

"We will not be attending the the Duke – MD (Maryland) game today,” said Maeshon Witherspoon. “I received a call from a coach that they are hosting a recruit for an official visit and didn’t want Josh to overshadow the recruit. As of today the door is closed on Selby’s recruitment. We are going to concentrate on the schools that are on his list,”

I
Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Stamper
Rookie

Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

I've been saying that all year. I absolutely hate Wrights game. He's terrible with decision making and his shot selection is just terrible. He doesn't know how role on the team. It's sad to because they have talent but just an awful selfish player at the point.

Also on the ebanks front; I was watching the game and they said he has added 20 pounds of muscle which is impressive. He's a great great rebounder especially on the offensive end. BUT, he just seems awkward out there, he might be a a good ball handler but he just seems tight and isn't as fluid as most lottery picks.
Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question:

I'm not well-versed in the way the NCAA Tournament selection process works for at-large bids, but I know it has a lot to do with RPI.

How high an RPI does a team typically have to have to get in if it doesn't win its conference tournament?

I ask because Oakland University is up to #57 in RPI. I doubt the Summit League could ever get a second berth (if OU doesn't win its tournament), but I ask nonetheless.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Question:

I'm not well-versed in the way the NCAA Tournament selection process works for at-large bids, but I know it has a lot to do with RPI.

How high an RPI does a team typically have to have to get in if it doesn't win its conference tournament?

I ask because Oakland University is up to #57 in RPI. I doubt the Summit League could ever get a second berth (if OU doesn't win its tournament), but I ask nonetheless.
Without sitting down and really looking back over recent years, my initial reaction would be to say that in order to really be in serious consideration for an at large bid a school's RPI should be within the top 50.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally03 View Post
Without sitting down and really looking back over recent years, my initial reaction would be to say that in order to really be in serious consideration for an at large bid a school's RPI should be within the top 50.
I guess the more top seeded teams that win their conference tournaments the better. Upsets give automatic bids to teams who wouldn't ever get an at-large.

OU's not gonna make it as an at-large, but they'll be relatively close to the range they'd need to be in probably.