Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So it wouldn't be ridiculous if Duke storms the court after they beat UNC on Saturday?
not imo because that would at a minimum clinch a co ACC championship. but dook fans are all nerds anyway.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
1. Bias
2. Lucas
3. Elmore/Vazquez/Dixon/BUCK WILL!
close.

T1. Bias and Dixon
2. Vasquez
3. The rest
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So it wouldn't be ridiculous if Duke storms the court after they beat UNC on Saturday?
I don't even care, if you were from the area I think you would understand. MD fans think of Duke as their rival and Duke really doesn't. Their rival is UNC and that fuels the fire for Terps fans even more. And for all the reasons Dirty Thirty said, I have no problem with the fans storming the court.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Lucas, three time all american was one of the top 10 college point guards of all time.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

best freshman in the ACC and top 5 freshman in the country right here.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks for posting that. my friend told me ab it and I was certain it would make a highlight of some sorts. and I'm a Duke fan and far from a nerd...:)

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5 freshman are in no order Wall, Henry, Cousins, Favors & Bradley or Lance imo. But that is cute and all how you think that guy is top 5. I'm sure he does work for Maryland.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-03-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I don't even care, if you were from the area I think you would understand. MD fans think of Duke as their rival and Duke really doesn't. Their rival is UNC and that fuels the fire for Terps fans even more. And for all the reasons Dirty Thirty said, I have no problem with the fans storming the court.
Haha, I'm well aware of the rivalry. Hell one of my good friends goes to Duke. Storming the court as double digit favorites would be completely ridiculous, not matter who is playing. You just did what you're supposed to do.

And JRT is completely right, Jordan Williams is a solid player and all, but I want to hear the case for him being a top 5 freshman.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-03-2010 at 11:14 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vasquez is the man. One of my favorite players in the NCAA.

Just want to remind everyone that Wall is RIGHT handed :D. Travis Leslie is probably the best dunker in the country too so I was scared when they went up like that.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

favors 11.7 ppg and 8.3 rpg in 27 mpg
williams 9.3 ppg and 8.4 rpg in 24 mpg

why is favors in the conversation of top freshman but williams is not? williams is putting up similar numbers in the acc but as the 3rd/4th option whereas favors is the 1st/2nd option. i love vasquez, but i dont believe we would have won the last 5 games without williams. hes unselfish, powerful, and knows how to score when hes given the ball. he may not be "top 5" in ncaa but i would take him on my team over any of the guys that jrt mentioned except for wall. jwill does everything those other big men do and unlike them, jwill is going to be around 3-4 years to dominate.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

I pretty much labeled a top 5 based off of NBA potential heading into the draft. Down the road Williams may develop into a lottery pick but I just like Favors all around skill set more since I have seen more of his games.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to correct myself for being a complete idiot. I called Travis Leslie the best dunker in college basketball, he's 2nd behind Chris 'Top Flight' Wright of Dayton. Phew, glad I got that cleared up. Wright just had a nasty block against Richmond to keep them in the lead, Dayton needs to win this one bad.

Penn State playing great against Michigan State right now.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why does our last regular season game have to be at ******* 10am on saturday? who the **** is up that early?

oh well

gig em aggies

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some good gaems today. The ville vs. Cuse should be a great game. lAst game in a legendary establishment
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KU/MU today nothing would be better then to ruin their senior night
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a little unhappy with how the 'Nova-WVU game has been called. Granted, I'm biased. But to me it seems like West Virginia has been a lot more physical, and yet considerably less fouls are being called on them. Just doesn't make much sense, and Jay Wright has really been on the refs about it the majority of the second half. West Virginia has been impressive though, really bounced back after they really got outplayed in the first half.

EDIT:

What's most frustrating is that WVU has been able to hip check our guards and then throw them off course and have them lose their handle a bit, which leads to turnovers and then transition buckets.

EDIT 2:

Now that I've said that, the calls start have started to go the other way. Pretty dramatic shift in the last few minutes. And Da'Sean Butler is pretty clutch, that was a big shot. Of course, that offensive foul call against Fisher was questionable IMO.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-06-2010 at 01:21 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Just got home but from what I've seen, this game has an Elite 8 type feel to it.

EDIT: What an absolute joke of a call. Seriously?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Devin Ebanks, what in the world are you doing? Butler needs to go rip the ball out of his hands on that one.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a huge 3 by Fish. This obviously isn't the game to decide the Big East regular season that some expected preseason, but still a great way to end it. That said, Ebanks has to have better awareness there...but I'm glad he didn't.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good grief wake up KU
Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Not hype about Duke UNC at all. May watch a second of it at most again.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-06-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Seriously poor kwilk... I'm not even a WVU fan and I'm still irate that Ebanks did that. Butler is one of the most clutch players in the country. Ugh.

Should be a good finish here, this really has a tournament feel about it.

Great defense by WVU there to cover Reynolds.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

What an awful offensive possession. Scottie had two nice shots that he passed up only to chuck up a prayer that didn't even hit the rim. That hurts quite a bit.

Now the other Corey ties it up...really nice game. Would be huge to get a stop here.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-06-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go Orange!
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Butler clutch again...he's been huge.

Nice win for WVU...took too long to get the ball up the court, not sure it would have even counted if it went. Tough year for 'Nova, just haven't met expectations.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-06-2010 at 01:44 PM.