Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they kinda screwed Ohio State and West Virginia with the seeding. They were fringe #1 seeds but they got stuck in against the two best #1 seeds. Duke has it easy and I don't think they're a very strong #1 seed. I think KState and WVU are better than Duke.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Duke getting by Baylor. The bears have the athleticism and the length that will give even this Duke team trouble. Dunn is a bonafided star and they have a couple of real good 6-11 guys that can force Zoubek away from the basket.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baylor has beast and a half Ekpe Udoh :(
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
I can't see Duke getting by Baylor. The bears have the athleticism and the length that will give even this Duke team trouble. Dunn is a bonafided star and they have a couple of real good 6-11 guys that can force Zoubek away from the basket.
Too bad Villanova will beat Baylor.

And Duke.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nova has been less than impressive as of late. Its like, if Reynolds isnt going off and playing ridiculous they arent going to beat other top teams.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The opposite can be said about OSU and Turner. But Turner doesn't not go off
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The opposite can be said about OSU and Turner. But Turner doesn't not go off
Sorta, but OSU has a lot more size & length than Nova.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is very true
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone give me a scouting report on Pitt please?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Pitt > Oakland. How's that?
Quote:
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Pitt > Oakland. How's that?
I'm not going to argue otherwise. But I'd like to know more of what we're up against.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been in Nashville for the SEC tournament which was absolutely amazing. UK fans took over the place, had 90%+ of the crowd every day.

Get home and check the bracket, first see Duke got a 1 seed over WVU (what a joke) and that WVU is in UK's bracket... Again what a joke. I don't see why we don't get Villanova or K-state being one of the higher 1 seeds.

I think it's ridiculous for UK and KU to have the hardest route. Duke is a joke.

Ugh this gets my blood boiling. I'm seriously PO'd.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just looking over the brackets, and I don't claim to be a guru, but from what I've seen, I have Kansas, West Virginia, Baylor, and Syracuse in the Final 4.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm not going to argue otherwise. But I'd like to know more of what we're up against.
You have a shot if Benson has a good game. They play good defense but are offensively challenged at times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with all four #1s.

I can't decide on Temple-Cornell or Missouri-Clemson. Anyone have input?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Im literally going to flip a coin for Mizzou/Clemson. I think the Cornell hype machine is getting a little out of control myself.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
There could be a lot of upsets in the West and South...

Butler vs. UTEP, Vandy vs. Murray State, Xavier vs. Minnesota in the West could all be potential upsets.

In the South, A&M vs. Utah State and Old Dominion vs. Notre Dame are both tough games to pick as well as Richmond vs. St. Mary's

I don't think any one #1 seed can legit say they have the toughest roads, it's all fairly equal...as it should be. People are just claiming that Kansas has the toughest road because of the Evan Turner Hype Machine and Georgetown's upsets over 'Cuse and Duke...But there's a reason why they didn't get higher overall seeds.

But honestly, Kansas has a cakewalk to the Elite 8.

And I think the upset closest to a lock is SDSU over Tennessee.
You think UTEP will beat Butler? UTEP lost to Houston twice during the season. Culpepper's vertical is INSANE though. Watch and see if he gets a break a way dunk.

You also think Utah State will beat A&M? I think all of A&M's losses were mostly to Kansas, Texas, and highly ranked teams. Plus they only lost one of those games by double digits so they hung in there well.

I like your upset picks because my New Mexico State team beat UTEP even though we were out our two top players both times we played them and we beat Utah State 2 out 3 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my Final Four : Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky, Baylor

notable upsets : Wofford over Wisconsin, UTEP over Butler, Minnesota over Xavier, California over Duke, BYU over Kansas State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
I think the Cornell hype machine is getting a little out of control myself.
I like Cornell a lot, but they're not going to beat Temple.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A! Minnesota! Minnesota! aaaaAAAYYYYY GOPHERS!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A! Minnesota! Minnesota! aaaaAAAYYYYY GOPHERS!
I'll see you in round 2.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You bunch of college basketball thread noobs.

I'm again PO'd about Mississippi State not making it in. What a joke.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure. As Ashton Gibbs goes, the offense is likely to follow. He's had an up-and-down year from beyond the arc, but when he is making threes, team is hard to stop. And with an 89% free throw percentage, you do not want to get him to the stripe.

Brad Wanamaker is the other guard to look out for. He is the only other guy on Pitt's team capable of putting the team on his back offensively, as he did when he put up 24 in the win over WVU, and almost did successfully with 16 points in the most recent loss to ND. Wanamaker has also seen great improvement in his ability to distribute the ball this season.

Jermaine Dixon is your standard two-guard on the offensive side. With the exception of a big game against Providence, he's not likely to go off in terms of shooting. But he is an absolute lockdown defender, and will consistently log over 33 minutes per game to keep his defensive skills on the floor.

Our other top defender is center Gary McGhee. McGhee is no longer the lumbering five with no offensive ability he was last year, but also hasn't scored more than 12 points in a game this year. Where he does make his mark is in cleaning the offensive glass and forcing your big men into bad shots.

The only other guys to keep an eye on are: talented but devastatingly inconsistent forward Gilbert Brown (point totals last twelve games: 25, 0, 23, 6, 16, 5, 16, 3, 13, 0, 19, 3), solid rebounder Nasir Robinson off the bench, and raw freshman forward Dante Taylor (a McDonald's All-American).

Jamie Dixon's rotation mostly consists of the starting five of Gibbs, Wanamaker, Dixon, Brown, and McGhee, along with Robinson, Taylor, and Travon Woodall.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can someone give me a scouting report on Pitt please?
Very briefly, Pitt plays really tough defense. Ashton Gibbs is a dangerous guard and has confidence with the ball in his hands late in the game. They've got decent size and one of their big guys whose name slips me can be tough down low on the glass and defensive end along with picking up some garbage points, but with Benson that could be neutralized. Overall they're just a very sound team with a very talented guard, so the kind of team that's dangerous in the tourney IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Too bad Villanova will beat Baylor.

And Duke.
As somebody who follows 'Nova big time I'm really hesitant to say that. Could we make the Final Four? Absolutely. But I think it's unlikely. Not sure who, St. Mary's is my best guess, but I'd bet that some team upsets us pretty early on.

I won't say it's a lock but I thought as a 12 seed we were going to get to the Sweet 16 two years ago and then lose to Kansas and we did and last year I saw us getting to the Final Four and losing to UNC...which also happened. I don't have the feeling that we're going to make it out of the first weekend, honestly.

When this team is on they'll be tough to beat. Pena is a talented low post scorer, Mouph is very talented inside and makes some spectacular plays. Armwood has great length and can get some dunks in transition and really bother people on the defensive end. King can knock down threes and rebound. Cheek is a really talented all around player and GREAT at the top of a press. Wayns is a flash, finishes well, and can knock down the three ball. Stokes is heating up from deep, Redding is a great glue guy who can distribute and play great D along with crashing glass and scoring some buckets, Fish is obviously great and can do it all on offense and excels getting to the stripe, and everybody knows about Scottie. That leaves out Mo Sutton who looks lost out there sometimes but has some nice length and Russell Wooten who only plays late in games but is still a really cool dude.

However, Pena turns the ball over too much, the frosh (Mouph, Armwood, Cheek, Wayns, Sutton) can be inconsistent, King is slow and a liability on the defensive end plus he fouls at a ridiculous rate, Stokes was ice cold at the beginning of the year and didn't contribute much, Redding has been a liability offensively recently, and Scottie just started picking up his old habit of "I'm the only player on the team who can score so in big situations I'll make it blatantly obvious I'm taking the shot and end up taking a bad one even though I'm ice cold" again which was got old real quick 2 years ago and when the team got more talented and he stopped doing that I was ecstatic.

We'll see but the team hasn't been playing well recently at all right now and I just think they're going to get clipped. Last year the team played better D, scrapped better, had better athleticism (in games at least), was more reliable in late game situations...I had a lot more faith. This year the talent was always there and the hope was it would come out late in the season and just like the previous 2 years we'd play our best ball heading into the tournament...and now we're playing our worst. Perhaps I'm just cynical but I don't have much hope. The easy region gave me a little faith but I still think this year is bound to end in disappointment.

/rant
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
This conference tournaments have only strengthened my confidence that Kansas is easily the best team in the nation. We just keep on taking care of business while others falter.
I suppose UK at 31-2 is not taking care of business. Neither team is dominant.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-14-2010 at 11:15 PM.