Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I suppose UK at 31-2 is not taking care of business. Neither team is dominant.
Read my response to on the page after that post. Sparknotes: Comment was directed more at teams like 'Cuse falling, but I think UK has more holes in their game than KU at this point. But it's March Madness, and there's inevitably an element of luck.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
You think UTEP will beat Butler? UTEP lost to Houston twice during the season. Culpepper's vertical is INSANE though. Watch and see if he gets a break a way dunk.

You also think Utah State will beat A&M? I think all of A&M's losses were mostly to Kansas, Texas, and highly ranked teams. Plus they only lost one of those games by double digits so they hung in there well.

I like your upset picks because my New Mexico State team beat UTEP even though we were out our two top players both times we played them and we beat Utah State 2 out 3 times.
Those games were just ones that I think could be upsets/had trouble picking a winner. Eventually, I went with Butler, but it's a close call. Both teams have good inside/outside games, but their tempo's are polar opposites. I went with Butler
a. It's easier to slow a game down then speed it up
b. Butler has tourney experience

And the Cornell hype machine is getting a bit out of control...They're a good team, but their defense is horrid. And Temple is a horrible match-up for them...Temple has one of the best defenses in the country.

I'm still struggling over Xavier-Minnesota...They're extremely evenly matched.

And yes, I think Utah State will beat Texas A&M...A&M plays good defense, and it will be a tough game, but I Utah State beats both A&M and Purdue before getting knocked out by Duke.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Read my response to on the page after that post. Sparknotes: Comment was directed more at teams like 'Cuse falling, but I think UK has more holes in their game than KU at this point. But it's March Madness, and there's inevitably an element of luck.
lol Sparknotes work, I can agree with that. I definitely (after this weekend especially) think UK can win it all but they're not perfect. Kansas is the safer bet.

Like I said in another post, the selection was beyond ridiculous. Duke gets the easiest go of it and IMO they shouldn't even be a 1 seed.

I think Kansas' region has the most depth to it while Kentucky has the hardest #2 seed (aka the team that should be the 4th 1 seed.

If you told me it wasn't UK/KU winning it all, I'd have a hard time picking another team.

EDIT: OK I've only had time to glance over the brackets and given the Duke region would play UK if they made it to the Final Four I can't complain much. None of them bother me at all except Baylor (their length along with their guards, don't know if they're consistent enough to make the FF though).

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-15-2010 at 12:38 AM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
lol Sparknotes work, I can agree with that. I definitely (after this weekend especially) think UK can win it all but they're not perfect. Kansas is the safer bet.

Like I said in another post, the selection was beyond ridiculous. Duke gets the easiest go of it and IMO they shouldn't even be a 1 seed.

I think Kansas' region has the most depth to it while Kentucky has the hardest #2 seed (aka the team that should be the 4th 1 seed.

If you told me it wasn't UK/KU winning it all, I'd have a hard time picking another team.

EDIT: OK I've only had time to glance over the brackets and given the Duke region would play UK if they made it to the Final Four I can't complain much. None of them bother me at all except Baylor (their length along with their guards, don't know if they're consistent enough to make the FF though).
Yeah, I think KU has a pretty easy path to the Elite 8, but that potential game against Georgetown/Ohio State should be tough.

But looking at the bracket, I think Syracuse might be the first #1 seed to be dropped. Potential games against Butler and K-State should be tough esp. with 'Cuse stumbling down the stretch.

Do you have any worries about your 3 point shooting?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

And as far as MU vs. Clemson...Go with Clemson...MU has absolutely collapsed down the stretch as they've lost one of their primary post players. They're going to get mauled.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

And the thing that pisses me most is that Duke struggles the most with defensive teams that shut down the perimeter...And of course, their region is filled with the Cal's, Baylor's, and Villanova's of the world (Read: Teams with lots of offensive firepower, but little defense to back it up).

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the thing that pisses me most is that Duke struggles the most with defensive teams that shut down the perimeter...And of course, their region is filled with the Cal's, Baylor's, and Villanova's of the world (Read: Teams with lots of offensive firepower, but little defense to back it up).
I was about to post the same thing but didn't for fear of being labeled a Duke hater simply because I'm a UK fan. I mean, it's not that I like Duke but a large majority of NCAA fans dislike them more than I do. It's not like they're a rival or anything.

I'm only concerned about UK's 3 point shooting when they don't rebound. Rebounding is far more important to this team (along with playing smart defense) than offensive production. The points will come, it's just a matter of keeping the other team off the board.

Teams pack it in but Bledsoe/Wall still get into the lane so it's not like shooting the 3 well opens things up a large amount.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosh darn it, just did my picks for SWDC, its chalk city. No #1 seeds losing til the elite 8 when Nova beats Duke. Then, Syaracuse only losing to Kansas. And Kentucky beats Kansas. Thats pretty much chalk and I hate it.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Gosh darn it, just did my picks for SWDC, its chalk city. No #1 seeds losing til the elite 8 when Nova beats Duke. Then, Syaracuse only losing to Kansas. And Kentucky beats Kansas. Thats pretty much chalk and I hate it.
Didnt you win last year because of your ballsy Michigan State prediction. Go out on a limb homes !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Didnt you win last year because of your ballsy Michigan State prediction. Go out on a limb homes !
I won last year??????
Old 03-15-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I won last year??????
Mayhaps ?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit I wanted to pick Cornell but the sexy upset picks never win.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

I really want to pick St. Mary's as a Cinderella...They have some really favorable match-ups...Not sure if I have the balls though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone else catch Doug Gottlieb's remark about his four #1 seed reaching the final four?

He said something like, "My picks are just like the color of my Connecticut skin, chalky."

It's not racist, but it's kind of awkward nonetheless.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone give me some info on BYU. I mean do you guys think they can beat K. State? because of they do they could really have a chance to pull the upset over Cuse especially if onuaka is out
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like BYU to definitely get past Florida, but I think K-State will play some stellar perimeter defense. BYU likes to gun it from outside and I think Pullen and Clemente will put a stop to that.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Can anyone give me some info on BYU. I mean do you guys think they can beat K. State? because of they do they could really have a chance to pull the upset over Cuse especially if onuaka is out
When they're hot they're hot. When they're cold, they're average. They seem to struggle against more physical defenses (UNLV and New Mexico) Their only losses are to all teams that are in the dance right now. I have full confidence that they'll get past Florida but after that, it's up in the air. Kansas State is a very strong team and as JFLO pointed out, Clemente is an excellent perimeter defender.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Always interesting to look at these from the past 10 champions.

• All 10 had at least two future first-round NBA draft picks on the roster
• 9 of 10 had at least one winning streak of 10 games or more prior to the NCAA tournament
• 9 of 10 finished the season with a scoring margin of plus-14.1 ppg or better
• 9 of 10 had an opponents’ field goal percentage of .410 or lower
• 8 of 10 had a percentage of .480 or better
• 8 of 10 were ranked in the top four of the preseason AP poll
• 8 of 10 won at least a share of their conference’s regular-season title

Kansas and Kentucky fit all of these.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching games from years past and UCLA-Gonzaga was ridiculous. Adam Morrison crying on the floor was priceless.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

games im struggling with:

baylor vs nova (leaning towards baylor)
washington vs new mexico (leaning towards washington)
purdue vs a&m (completely undecided)
utep vs vandy (leaning towards utep)

insight appreciated.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

insight appreciated.
I'd go with A&M against Purdue. I am kinda leaning toward picking Siena against Purdue myself. I just think the Hummel injury hurt them so much.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official, Iowa fired coach Todd Lickliter, thank goodness!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

insight appreciated.
1) I would take Baylor. They're well coached team and that might be the deciding factor because Nova has the athletes to match up with them.

2) I'm taking New Mexico. They're one of the hottest teams in the country and one of the most balanced offensively and defensively. Plus, I'm a Mountain West homer. Washington is a good but semi-inconsistent team. In order for this team to beat New Mexico theyre gonna need a big game from both Q Man and Isaiah.

3) I took Purdue. I think offensively they're gonna overwhelm the Aggies. I have the Boilermakers going pretty deep into the dance.

4) This one is hard. Offensively Vandy looks like a juggernaut. But, Caracter is a guy that could give them trouble down low. I'm a little undecided on this one.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

insight appreciated.
I think Baylor's size is going to cause Nova quite a few problems, leading to a Baylor win. I actually have Baylor in my Final Four because I love their balance and athleticism.

New Mexico may not be the sexiest team, but they do have great guard play, and Washington lost any inside option they had once Brockman graduated and the team has suffered this year because of it.

Purdue isn't nearly the same team after Hummel went down and A&M has been one of the more pleasant surprises this year in arguably the best conference. I have A&M beating Purdue and then Duke as well.

UTEP has size and a great guard in Culpepper. Vandy seems to get it done in the regular season, but they have a lack of tournament success. UTEP for me.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really want to pick St. Mary's as a Cinderella...They have some really favorable match-ups...Not sure if I have the balls though.
It's basically a home game for Richmond and St. Mary's has to fly East. I went Spidaz without even thinking honestly.

Here are the upsets I'm leaning toward right now:

Murray State over Vandy
Florida over BYU
Sienna over Purdue
ODU over Notre Dame

Marquette over New Mexico
ODU over Baylor
Richmond over Villanova

MAYBE OK State over Ohio State and I'm thinking about Zags over Orange...

I love the chalk for the East, Midwest, and South and feel confident that at least two of the one seeds from those brackets will get to the final four.

I'm just completely lost with the West - I keep ending up with K-State and I hate it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote