Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance of UF beating KSU if they can make it out of the 1st?

Also, I like Siena as a sleeper in Rd. 1, am I dumb for that?

I'm also seeing UTEP in the Sweet 16.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Is there any chance of UF beating KSU if they can make it out of the 1st?

Also, I like Siena as a sleeper in Rd. 1, am I dumb for that?

I'm also seeing UTEP in the Sweet 16.
I would avoid Florida, but that's due in large part to me having BYU in my final four now.

Siena is a decent "sleeper" but they're not nearly as good as they have been the past two years.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Siena is only a 4 point underdog actually, and after watching Purdue score 11 points in one half on Saturday I refuse to pick them.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miss state should have gotten in. End of story. I know Kentucky can slack and let there youth show but are you kidding me. States resume wasn't even THAT bad and a couple of solid wins and taking UK to OT in the conference ship game, give me a break. Anybody else think MSU can upset the jayhawks in the 3rd round?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Miss state should have gotten in. End of story. I know Kentucky can slack and let there youth show but are you kidding me. States resume wasn't even THAT bad and a couple of solid wins and taking UK to OT in the conference ship game, give me a break. Anybody else think MSU can upset the jayhawks in the 3rd round?

No, Michigan State is really nothing special at all this year. If they played a better 12 seed I would have picked them to lose in the first round.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No, Michigan State is really nothing special at all this year. If they played a better 12 seed I would have picked them to lose in the first round.
Well nothing special? They can be something special. Overhyped in the beginning of the season? Yes. The talent is there and anytime you have above average guards in the tourney it is an advantage. Lucas can carry a team if he is healthy. Draymond Green will be huge for them along with Raymar. And they got that Izzo guy! They were there last year with pretty much the same team...
Go Amare.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Well nothing special? They can be something special. Overhyped in the beginning of the season? Yes. The talent is there and anytime you have above average guards in the tourney it is an advantage. Lucas can carry a team if he is healthy. Draymond Green will be huge for them along with Raymar. And they got that Izzo guy! They were there last year with pretty much the same team...

They lost to pretty much every good team in the Big 11 this year, their only solid wins in conference were against Wisconsin and a Hummelless Purdue team, also failed in pretty much every test they had in the non conference other than Gonzaga.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They lost to pretty much every good team in the Big 11 this year, their only solid wins in conference were against Wisconsin and a Hummelless Purdue team.
Ok but IMO the regular season isn't similiar to the tournament at all..I would say the same for Texas but do they have the expierence MSU does? I like tourney expierence over "regular season standings".
Go Amare.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have KU winning it all against UK. I like John Wall and co. over everyone but Kansas, who I think is much more well rounded than UK and is much more experienced.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, dont make fun of my team. :(
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agree completely. UK didn't even play that bad yesterday. MSU has a ton of respect from UK's fans and players. They seem to be a little too relaxed vs. lesser opponents but that wouldn't be a problem in the NCAA's. They can defend really well. Barry Stewart is easily one of the best perimeter defenders in the SEC and Varnardo is the best interior defender in the country. Ravern Johnson can shoot the 3 and Dee Bost is a solid PG.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I have KU winning it all against UK. I like John Wall and co. over everyone but Kansas, who I think is much more well rounded than UK and is much more experienced.
kentucky wvu has the potential to be an outstanding game. better than the final four game afterwards for whichever one of them wins. dont count out butlers senior leadership.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
kentucky wvu has the potential to be an outstanding game. better than the final four game afterwards for whichever one of them wins. dont count out butlers senior leadership.
I love WVU but UK actually matches up pretty well with them. More size on the inside and speed on the perimeter. WVU knows how to get it done though, I've been big on Butler all year because the guy doesn't miss a big shot.

I think the winner of the East region is a virtual lock for the Final Four.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Well isn't that the way it usually works?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Well isn't that the way it usually works?
That was embarrassing, let me rephrase that...

The winner of the East is a virtual lock for the championship game. There haha.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
It's basically a home game for Richmond and St. Mary's has to fly East. I went Spidaz without even thinking honestly.
...So? It's not like Richmond fans are going to pack the house. St. Mary's matches up with Richmond really well...They have on the best 3 PT Defenses (Richmond relies on the outside shot for much of their offensive production) and St. Mary's has the size inside with Omar Samhan to control the boards.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
3) I took Purdue. I think offensively they're gonna overwhelm the Aggies. I have the Boilermakers going pretty deep into the dance.
You can't be serious. Purdue...offensively overwhelming a team...We're talking about the same team here, right? The team that scored 11 points in one half against Minnesota.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I love WVU but UK actually matches up pretty well with them. More size on the inside and speed on the perimeter. WVU knows how to get it done though, I've been big on Butler all year because the guy doesn't miss a big shot.

we'll go to the 1-3-1 and force uk to beat us from outside

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know where or how i can fill out a bracket via the internet and share it with someone?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance of Minnesota making an Elite Eight run?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
They don't get consistent enough backcourt play from Joseph and Westbrook to make a deep run.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
They won't get past Oakland.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel really good about my bracket right now, but I've got so much chalk it's ridiculous. I've been filling out brackets without paying any attention the seeds. Not even thinking about upsets, but just thinking who I believe would win. I ended up with all one and two seeds in the elite 8 and only 3 upsets in the first round not counting 8/9s. It looks like I'm pretty much resting on Villanova anyway though. Every time I've gone over my bracket I get Kansas over Villanova in the final.

Now that I've looked at the seeding I'm considering BYU over Kansas State and Xavier over Pitt. I hate that I'm now searching for upsets, because that completely goes against my beliefs for filling out a bracket, but no one wants to be the guy that stuck to the seeding.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I feel really good about my bracket right now, but I've got so much chalk it's ridiculous. I've been filling out brackets without paying any attention the seeds. Not even thinking about upsets, but just thinking who I believe would win. I ended up with all one and two seeds in the elite 8 and only 3 upsets in the first round not counting 8/9s. It looks like I'm pretty much resting on Villanova anyway though. Every time I've gone over my bracket I get Kansas over Villanova in the final.

Now that I've looked at the seeding I'm considering BYU over Kansas State and Xavier over Pitt. I hate that I'm now searching for upsets, because that completely goes against my beliefs for filling out a bracket, but no one wants to be the guy that stuck to the seeding.
Man, I hope we live up to your expectations. I'd love to see a nice run.

As for not wanting to be the guy that stuck to seeding, I have that problem annually. Last couple of years though I got way too cute with my bracket, every year I expect a ton of upsets and they don't deliver. This year I think there's a lot of parity and expect a really exciting tourney, but I think that'll be enough. My brackets are going to be pretty boring for the first time in awhile. Still can't figure out who I want to pick out of the South region though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching 1 and 10 and they were talking about Michigan's Fab 5 against Kentucky's 2010 team. So who do you think would win in a matchup.
The Fab 5 consisted of
Jimmy King (6'5) Ray Jackson (6'6) Jalen Rose (6'8) Chris Webber (6'10) Juwan Howard (6'9)
Kentucky 2010 consisted of
John Wall (6'4) Eric Bledsoe (6'1) Darius Miller (6'7) Patrick Paterson (6'8) Demarcus Cousin (6'10)

I honestly believe that the fab 5 would win against the kentucky squad

Last edited by MiWolves : 03-16-2010 at 03:06 AM.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote