Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as C-Webb doesn't call a timeout he doesn't have.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=YAYareaRB;2069277]3) I took Purdue. I think offensively they're gonna overwhelm the Aggies. I have the Boilermakers going pretty deep into the dance. QUOTE]

Purdue stuggles with their offense...known for there defense and slowing games down. If they had Hummel I don't think Id argue this point but even with him they were not an offensive team. Sure they can get hot but overwhelming offense?
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've adjusted my bracket a lot lately, but right now for big upsets I have...

San Diego St. over Tennessee (possibly Georgetown?)
UTEP over Butler
Minnesota over Xavier
Siena over Purdue

and then BYU over Kansas St. and Pitt on their way to the Elite 8
as well as Baylor beating Villanova and Duke en route to the Final 4
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I've adjusted my bracket a lot lately, but right now for big upsets I have...

San Diego St. over Tennessee (possibly Georgetown?)
UTEP over Butler
Minnesota over Xavier
Siena over Purdue

and then BYU over Kansas St. and Pitt on their way to the Elite 8
as well as Baylor beating Villanova and Duke en route to the Final 4
I like some of those. I have Baylor and BYU in my final four so of course i'm gonna like to see someone else who nearly shares my thoughts. One more upset that I have past round one is St. Mary's over Villanova.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I like some of those. I have Baylor and BYU in my final four so of course i'm gonna like to see someone else who nearly shares my thoughts. One more upset that I have past round one is St. Mary's over Villanova.
I really thought very seriously about putting that in my bracket. The one thing that's holding me back is I'm not confident enough St. Mary's is going to be playing in that game to even have the chance to pull off the upset. Really looking forward to this weekend though, should be pretty exciting. Hope to see at least one top seed fall.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some of the upsets I'm predicting on my bracket:

Georgia Tech to the Elite Eight (over Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Tennessee)
---Yes, I go to The Ohio State University, but I'm a realist.

Texas over Kentucky and Wisconsin to go to Elite 8

St. Marys to Sweet 16 over Richmond and 'Nova.

My Elite Eight

Kansas over Georgia Tech

Syracuse over Pittsburgh

West Virginia over Texas

Duke over Baylor

Final Four

Kansas over Syracuse

West Virginia over Duke

National Champions: Rock Chalk Jayhawk

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real tournament starts tonight! NIT!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Here are some of the upsets I'm predicting on my bracket:

Georgia Tech to the Elite Eight (over Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Tennessee)
---Yes, I go to The Ohio State University, but I'm a realist.

Texas over Kentucky and Wisconsin to go to Elite 8

St. Marys to Sweet 16 over Richmond and 'Nova.
I like Georgia Tech, but it seems like you're trying to do too much with the bracket. And don't underestimate your school, they have a very real shot at beating Kansas. I did the same last year, a lot of it had to do with me calling Davidson's run to the Elite Eight, I felt like my cinderella picks were failproof.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia Tech's not good. They're going to get bounced round 1 or 2.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My upsets:

SDSU over Tennessee
Xavier and Marquette over Pitt/New Mexico
St. Mary's and Utah State to the Sweet 16
But I've got all #1 seeds going to the FF...By loading G'Town, OSU, and Maryland in a bracket that they won't get out of, the NCAA has really made it easy for the other #1 seeds...The only other FF contenders, IMO, are Baylor and WVU.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Georgia Tech's not good. They're going to get bounced round 1 or 2.
Wrong. G-tech is good but definetely is inconsistent. There front line is stacked Lawal, Peacock, and Favors. Shumpert has ridiculous talent but sometimes his head isn't in the game. Bell can hit outside shots along with Oliver and Mo Miller. Ok. State is still a tough team in the first though.. O BTW am I the only 1 who would take Lawal, Peacock and Favors over Cuses big men?
Go Amare.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Wrong. G-tech is good but definetely is inconsistent. There front line is stacked Lawal, Peacock, and Favors. Shumpert has ridiculous talent but sometimes his head isn't in the game. Bell can hit outside shots along with Oliver and Mo Miller. Ok. State is still a tough team in the first though.. O BTW am I the only 1 who would take Lawal, Peacock and Favors over Cuses big men?
Yeah, but I'd take Kansas' frontline over G-Tech's...Doesn't get better than the Morris Twins, Aldrich, and Thomas Robinson.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Yeah, but I'd take Kansas' frontline over G-Tech's...Doesn't get better than the Morris Twins, Aldrich, and Thomas Robinson.
Are you saying you would take the Orange big men over Techs.. and I think I would too but not positive about it. The Morris twins are kind of slim for Peacock and Lawal.
Go Amare.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I feel really good about my bracket right now, but I've got so much chalk it's ridiculous. I've been filling out brackets without paying any attention the seeds. Not even thinking about upsets, but just thinking who I believe would win. I ended up with all one and two seeds in the elite 8 and only 3 upsets in the first round not counting 8/9s. It looks like I'm pretty much resting on Villanova anyway though. Every time I've gone over my bracket I get Kansas over Villanova in the final.

Now that I've looked at the seeding I'm considering BYU over Kansas State and Xavier over Pitt. I hate that I'm now searching for upsets, because that completely goes against my beliefs for filling out a bracket, but no one wants to be the guy that stuck to the seeding.
You know one of your upset is New Mexico State over Michigan State
Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else disgusted that the play-in game involves 2 small schools that actually won their conferences and thus earned the right to compete in the field of 64?

shouldn't fringe at-large teams be playing the play-in instead?
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
anyone else disgusted that the play-in game involves 2 small schools that actually won their conferences and thus earned the right to compete in the field of 64?

No because those teams are better than the play-in game. Unless you say you want the play-in game team to be a 12 or 13 seed or something. The worst two teams are in the play-in game.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I guess the only problem with that is how do you then seed the play-in winner? Because a 16 seed wouldn't be fair, low at-large teams get what 11, 12 seeds? So that would be an unfair matchup for a 1 seed, and you're getting a good team who won regardless and is coming in hot. So do you have them play like a 5, 6 seed?

I do get the premise though and actually really agree with your point in principle, it's just the logistics behind figuring out how to actually do it.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
No because those teams are better than the play-in game. Unless you say you want the play-in game team to be a 12 or 13 seed or something. The worst two teams are in the play-in game.
the play-in game winner should be a 12/13 seed
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just filled out a bracket for fun and had Baylor beating Ohio State in the finals.

Final four was Ohio State, Kansas State, Kentucky, and Baylor.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doron Lamb will announce at the Jordan game.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the play-in game winner should be a 12/13 seed
I think they need to rehaul the system, tbh. Expansion will only complicate things but there is a way to expand the tournament and still keep things interesting. I'm getting together some data to write an essay on what would happen if the tourney was expanded. Two ideas I keep coming back to is giving the #1 seeds a bye in the first round and doing away with the play-in game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There was a big argument about this a few pages back. The teams proven themselves to get in the tournament, then have to do a play in game, and then have to play the number 1 seed. It would be cool to see the play in game be between teams like Mississippi State and VT who just missed out of it and then the winner gets to be in it.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Doron Lamb will announce at the Jordan game.
needs to come here

down to kansas, kentucky, zona, uconn, wvu

would start next year

was at our BE Champ game

lamb-wvu, selby-kansas, knight-uk

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

William and Mary is awesome to watch. They can absolutely gun from outside. Only down 2 to UNC at Chapel Hill. Already sank 13 from beyond the arc and there's 14 minutes left in the second half.

Seton Hall dissapointed me. Tech is running over them.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Tie Game. William and Mary with 15 3's this game. 5 and a half remaining.

Correction, 16 3 pointers. 5 minutes to play. W&M up 3.