Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Lol, I assumed guys like Manny Harris and Tommy Mason Griffin were just testing the waters but a lot of them have hired agents. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of these guys are.
You can say that, but some of these kids are poorer than poor itself and their families are counting on them to provide a real salary, whether it be an NBA salary or playing overseas.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just felt like Delaney could improve his stock a little bit without injury if he returned, though now he will get drafted to a team just off of talent. Aldrich doesn't have as bad as offensive game as Thabeet but still Aldrich is high on peoples boards for his defense and rebounding and look what Thabeet did in his first year... He could improve his game and potentially win a national championship if he came back. Harris and TLG should have stayed in because I could see one of the 2 or both not getting drafted. Harris has skill but just doesn't play smart sometimes. And Character could use it just to grow up, as he still has some off court attitude issues.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I just felt like Delaney could improve his stock a little bit without injury if he returned, though now he will get drafted to a team just off of talent. Aldrich doesn't have as bad as offensive game as Thabeet but still Aldrich is high on peoples boards for his defense and rebounding and look what Thabeet did in his first year... He could improve his game and potentially win a national championship if he came back. Harris and TLG should have stayed in because I could see one of the 2 or both not getting drafted. Harris has skill but just doesn't play smart sometimes. And Character could use it just to grow up, as he still has some off court attitude issues.

Aldrich is really nothing like Thabeet. Aldrich actually has the ability to move laterally, is much stronger, and at least has one low post move.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Aldrich is really nothing like Thabeet. Aldrich actually has the ability to move laterally, is much stronger, and at least has one low post move.
I didn't say he was really. I said both were known for defense and rebounding.. And yeah Aldrich isn't anything like Thabeet but I can't say he has a good enough offensive game.
Go Amare.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say he was really. I said both were known for defense and rebounding.. And yeah Aldrich isn't anything like Thabeet but I can't say he has a good enough offensive game.

No he doesn't you're right, but he never really will because his coordination is what holds him back from that. He'll never average more than 12 a game in the pros even if he went back for one more year.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I'd be really surprised if Selby doesn't commit to Kansas...He didn't name UT as a school he was considering at the McD's AA Game.

Doron Lamb and Brandon Knight seem headed to UK..
I really hope they are, along with a few others. UK could only return 4 players from last years team, 1 starter, 1 key reserve and 1 freshman... Along with a PF that isn't that great.

Wall and Cousins are going to finish classes out, Daniel Orton may withdraw to earn W's so he can come back if he decides to not leave (talking about training in California).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2010 NBA Draft Early Entries

James Anderson 66 195 SG: Oklahoma State JR.
Cole Aldrich 611 260 C: Kansas JR.
Craig Brackins 69 230 F: Iowa State JR.
Derrick Character 68 275 F: UTEP JR.
Malcolm Delaney 64 175 G: Virginia Tech JR.
Charles Garcia 610 225 F: Seattle JR.
Kenneth Faried 68 240 F: Morehead State JR.
Paul George 67 190 G/F: Fresno State SO.
Manny Harris 65 190 SG: Michigan JR.
Jeremy Hazell 65 185 SG: Seton Hall JR.
Dominique Jones 64 190 SG: South Florida JR.
Sylvan Landesberg 66 195 SG: Virginia SO.
Tommy Mason-Griffin 511 200 PG: Oklahoma FR.
Daniel Orton 610 240 F/C: Kentucky FR.
Herb Pope 68 235 F: Seton Hall SO.
Jeff Robinson 66 205 G/SF: Seton Hall SO.
Hassan Whiteside 70 235 C: Marshall FR.
Jahmar Young 65 190 SG: New Mexico State JR.
Al Farouq Aminu 68 220 SF: Wake Forest SO.

Bold are guys who I think put there names out there who should have stayed.. and a couple of the guys not bolded I haven't seen play yet.
I assume you haven't seen any SHU basketball but none of them should have left early.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I assume you haven't seen any SHU basketball but none of them should have left early.
Yeah I didn't watch much Seton Hall and if I did I was looking at the opposing players probably.

Anyway, is Dayton not a good team?

They kind of remind me of us last year with the way they run, just not same talent. Seems like a well coached team as well.
Go Amare.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't really have a consistent offense and really choked away some late game leads.

They really should have been better this year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the NCAA won't allow a player to have cream cheese on their bagels yet they will expand the tournament for absolutely no reason other than making some coin.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Daniel Orton declaring? The guy didn't do anything at UK yet.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Why is Daniel Orton declaring? The guy didn't do anything at UK yet.

NBA scouts still love him. He's a fringe lottery pick right now. Great athlete and has the tools to be a pretty good shotblocker. I personally wouldn't touch him until the late first round but it's not a terrible decision. Not as bad as Tommy Mason Griffin anyway.

Last edited by yo123 : 04-01-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy didn't even average 4 points a game yet he's a fringe lottery prospect... Gotta love the NBA draft. All about potential, complete opposite of the NFL draft.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
The guy didn't even average 4 points a game yet he's a fringe lottery prospect... Gotta love the NBA draft. All about potential, complete opposite of the NFL draft.

At this point it's very fringe. But with some good workouts it definitely would not shock me.

To be fair with the stats though it's hard to get on the floor when you have 2 lottery picks playing ahead of you in Cousins and Patterson.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I love how the NCAA won't allow a player to have cream cheese on their bagels yet they will expand the tournament for absolutely no reason other than making some coin.
I was wondering if anybody else thought this was idiotic. The issue certainly isn't that a potential national championship team is going to get left out of the tournament, because it's not like any teams that just get in on the bubble actually contend to win the whole thing. And it's going to take the meaning out of making the tournament which is now actually something relatively impressive that you need a good team to do. I'll be very disapointed if this goes down.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul George would be sweet if he got some bulk on him.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Everything will be watered down if they do this. The tournament lures in so many people from just filling in brackets, people who don't watch all year suddenly become fans. Now it's going to complicate that, just pure greed. Sure, it puts some teams in but who cares when there are 96 teams.

As for Orton, he got in foul trouble a lot on top of being behind Cousins/Patterson but I can definitely see the potential. He's a monster physically and defensively. Has potential for a nice jump shot and really improved on his offensive moves late in the season.

He hasn't officially put his name in yet, there was a misunderstanding yesterday but I expect him to.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Everything will be watered down if they do this. The tournament lures in so many people from just filling in brackets, people who don't watch all year suddenly become fans. Now it's going to complicate that, just pure greed. Sure, it puts some teams in but who cares when there are 96 teams.

As for Orton, he got in foul trouble a lot on top of being behind Cousins/Patterson but I can definitely see the potential. He's a monster physically and defensively. Has potential for a nice jump shot and really improved on his offensive moves late in the season.

He hasn't officially put his name in yet, there was a misunderstanding yesterday but I expect him to.
Orton has already dropped out of school, so I don't know how this works now. He hasn't signed an agent or anything, but dropping out of school is pretty big...guess he isnt coming back. Darnell Dodson Declaring is beyond understanding for me. He performed terribly this year.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daniel Orton declaring is a big question for me. Yea, he played for the most televised school of the year and he has potential, but he is still extremely raw.

I think the biggest question (besides smaller school idiots) is Tommy Mason-Griffin. I mean, Willie Warren hasn't even declared and probably won't this year and TMG thinks he's going to get drafted as a 5'10" raw point guard?

I'm not sure if this is straight ignorance or what, but it's the wrong move.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Daniel Orton declaring is a big question for me. Yea, he played for the most televised school of the year and he has potential, but he is still extremely raw.

I think the biggest question (besides smaller school idiots) is Tommy Mason-Griffin. I mean, Willie Warren hasn't even declared and probably won't this year and TMG thinks he's going to get drafted as a 5'10" raw point guard?

I'm not sure if this is straight ignorance or what, but it's the wrong move.
I've read in magazines, websites, etc that Capel has had problems with the team this year. Bad habits and stuff like that. Perhaps TMG thought he was a gift to the program and didn't work hard. Not surprised. Now Gallon is under investigation.

As for expansion, HELL NO. Besides, John Feinstein dominated NCAA VP Greg Shaheen in a press conference. Shaheen would not admit that players would miss even more class in a new system.

"Student-Athlete" is the biggest farce ever.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

That's honestly what really annoys me is how it adds even more time the students miss but of course, they don't care.

Orton hasn't dropped out from what I know, just a big rumor. Granted, I think he could've withdrawn from classes on Thursday. The rest of the freshman class (and Patterson) are finishing their classes out.

Orton seems to be in the 15-25 range but has a LOT to gain from workouts. In interviews Cousins always talks about how much Orton blocks him. Cousins also getting a lot of attention for going top 3.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CBS sent a cease and desist letter to the operator of the Gus Johnson soundboard.
http://deadspin.com/5508390/the-gus-...ard-is-no-more

...A damn shame. That soundboard was amazing.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was confused and thought it was Saturday and came back to see Da'Sean's pic on ESPN and I thought we lost. lol

But sadly I don't get to watch tomorrow... :(
Old 04-03-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Gani Lawal entered the draft today as a JR...
Go Amare.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Luscious is hurt, I can't see how MSU wins.