Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Leslie to NC State... Crap.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
You mean Cal's money wasn't enough to buy him Leslie? Now there's a shocker. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually mildly surprising...I don't really like the fit for Leslie that much to be honest. They have some good players at NC State, but he really seems like a guy who's going to have to play off of a more talented supporting cast in college. As a thin, athletic big there's really only so much he can do on his own, even though his handle is alright for a 4.

Would have liked UConn or UK a lot better for him, think he could have really thrived at either place. He'll be the man at NC State, but I think that's better for a different style of player.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wooohoooooooooooo!!
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo hilarious.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like UK's going to lose out on Terrance Jones as well..Word is that he's down to UW and KU...It's going to be a pretty lonely bench for UK next year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Calipari pays every player that plays for him. This is well documented by everyone, ever.

There is a Clemson decommit (Georgia Mr. Basketball Marcus Thornton) who is 6'7 and they're looking at along with Jones. Here's to hoping Orton comes back.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Terrence Jones is a crapshoot. Hard to say at this point. I expect something to leak tonight hopefully.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what happens when you put all your eggs in the one and done basket..
Old 04-29-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Jones is UW bound but will hold out hope he picks KU
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
This is what happens when you put all your eggs in the one and done basket..
Last year was awesome, I have no regrets. Not to mention Wall was the only 'one-and-done' with Cousins having potential... No one expected the other two to be leaving.

Really have no idea on Jones. Starting to hear favorable stuff for UK again, who knows.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones has been a UW lean for as long as I have been following it. KU was never in the running since he removed them from his top 5 earlier on this year, UK pissed on him and Ross when they cancelled Cals visit there to go see Tony Wroten in open gym (Wroten is playing AAU in Isaiah Thomas' Jordans, so go figure there) so I am pretty sure he'll go to the DUB but honestly, I don't know. Money talks.

The opportunity to start for a sweet 16 team that only lost one player with a high school teammate and some talented characters might be too much to pass up, even if he gets a nice salary at Big Blue Auto Sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

lol exactly... The only way UK gets him will be to salary him like the rest of our players (damn you lack of rolleyes emoticon). We all know that's the only way UK ever gets players. Cal also sends guys to the league by paying off NBA front offices.

He seems to want to stay out west. I would be surprised if it wasn't Washington.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing it's down to UW and KU FWIW...And Ross and Jones haven't been teammates together for years and there's a significant chance Ross will be in prep school next year. Jones has a really good relationship with Selby. And if a kid visits KU, I always think we have a good shot. Tough to say no when you've stepped on campus, and I doubt he would have visited if we weren't a serious player.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

JayhawkSlant is the only place I've heard of that being the case. UK sites are on top of recruiting and none of them have mentioned that to be the case.

Don't think it matters either way, Jones seems to want to stay on the west coast.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
JayhawkSlant is the only place I've heard of that being the case. UK sites are on top of recruiting and none of them have mentioned that to be the case.

Don't think it matters either way, Jones seems to want to stay on the west coast.
Yeah I'm starting to think that no one knows a thing and that everyone is speculating. Jones is playing it very close to vest. We shall see though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty impressed with how quiet his recruitment has been. It's better for the recruit that way but sucks for the fans of the schools he's picking between lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing some possible positive things about Jones to KU.I agree with PalmerToCJ kudos to TJ for keeping some sanity on his recruitment
Old 04-30-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

this is posted on scout

"Chris Fisher from kentuckyink said on Larry Glover Live that he is hearing Jones to Kansas from every one of his sources"

UK fans how reliable is FIscher?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/

7400 viewers on ustream already.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 04-30-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

so one expert says UK, another says UW and another says KU.this could go anyway
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

i've seen all 3. he has an ugly UW hat

Quote:

Old 04-30-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrence Jones to UW. Great pickup :)
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

figuerd that's where he was going.I think we got in too late.we spent more time on Barnes when we could have spen equal time on Jones
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Chris Fischer is a clown (even though this news was late). I had actually heard it was between UK and UW from the afternoon on. The major recruiting guys were all picking between UK and UW which made it suck even worse when he announced otherwise.

I love days like this being a UK fan, watching the players announce was hilarious lol. Everyone had their theory on the placement of the hats and mocking the other players was spectacular... Not to mention who knows how bad I spaced out at work (health care field lol... woops).

They're saying now that Jones is having second thoughts on his decision... Was going to pick UK but swapped to UW at the last second. I think he should go with his gut ;)