Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't immediately sign his LOI, Softy is saying he has now, Allen has not specified, but he broke the news that Jones hadn't signed his loi and that *************** Calipari called him no more than 15 minutes after he committed to guilt trip him. maybe he is also gonna sign a financial aid agreement like brandon knight. lol what a jokeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rumors about all of this are getting ridiculous. This is why I love college basketball... Never a dull moment.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ings/rank-1909

Final rivals 150. Selby overtakes Barnes for the #1 spot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-03-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

First #1 recruit KU has had since Danny Manning...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was starting to switch my thoughts on Selby, but I still don't think he's the #1 guy in this year's class. I think recruiting followers that are KU fans would even agree.

He is definitely a Top 6-10 player, but not #1. I would give it to either Irving or Harrison Barnes.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I was starting to switch my thoughts on Selby, but I still don't think he's the #1 guy in this year's class. I think recruiting followers that are KU fans would even agree.

He is definitely a Top 6-10 player, but not #1. I would give it to either Irving or Harrison Barnes.
Agreed. Irving is def in the in that conversation and for me to say that is insane but him in the high school all american game was enough for me. Selby doesn't do everything well and Barnes is just much stronger, bigger, more polished. Selby played 4 miles away at JC and was a big ego sort of type but he has talent.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This class reminds me a lot of the '08 class. No clear cut #1. It should be better as a whole but is a definite step down from last year and next years.

Now I just wish Terrence Jones would just make a final decision.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rumors are also still hot that Mike Brey might be forced to resign from Notre Dame. Really curious to see who they would target if that was the case.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Rumors are also still hot that Mike Brey might be forced to resign from Notre Dame. Really curious to see who they would target if that was the case.
Al Skinner, maybe he doesn't get an offer from Rutgers but I think he has.
Go Amare.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are reports out there that state the Kentucky basketball team had a combined 2.02 GPA. Seriously?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There are reports out there that state the Kentucky basketball team had a combined 2.02 GPA. Seriously?
Just going off of interviews and on the court play, I can pretty much name the ones that did so awful lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
and i believe the article stated there were 2 below a 1.8 which would make them ineligible next year (2 of the freshman)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This class reminds me a lot of the '08 class. No clear cut #1. It should be better as a whole but is a definite step down from last year and next years.

Now I just wish Terrence Jones would just make a final decision.
he did. and then your coach tried to help him waver on his decision, which he did. He was Cal's back-up plan to Leslie the entire time so he should really just embrace his teams lack of a 4 and move on to someone else.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
he did. and then your coach tried to help him waver on his decision, which he did. He was Cal's back-up plan to Leslie the entire time so he should really just embrace his teams lack of a 4 and move on to someone else.
Everyone around Jones expected him to pick UK. He picked UW at the last second, he called Calipari and neither of us know how the conversation went... He was most definitely not the backup plan to Leslie.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Everyone around Jones expected him to pick UK. He picked UW at the last second, he called Calipari and neither of us know how the conversation went... He was most definitely not the backup plan to Leslie.
everyone? nice overstatement.

I dont know how the convo went either, but Cal said he wouldnt recruit a player that is verbally committed somewhere, yet Terrence Ross said today on KJR that Cal is actively pursuing him still.
http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2010/5/3/...bal-commitment
"
"If he’s made a verbal commitment that’s, for me, we lay off until the kid publicly says he’s decommitted," Calipari said of potential student-athletes. "If he’s committed to a school then I would not (recruit him). It’s just how I am. I don’t think it’s what you should do. There is no rule against it or law against it, but I just don’t do it."
So, since Terrence Jones has not publicly decommitted, we can only assume that John Calipari is no longer actively recruiting him, right? RIGHT? Oh wait, here's a quote from Terrence Ross:
"He's still trying to recruit him, which is kind of weird to me," Ross said. "I don't know why he would do that to a kid, but he's going to do what he wants to do.""
He was considered the back-up since Cal bailed on a visit to go watch Tony Wroten Jr. instead of seeing Jones.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

By everyone I mean Terrence Ross and his parents, those are the only ones really close to his recruitment that I know of. Since the season ended, all the UK recruiting guys have said Jones was the main focus of the staff.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
By everyone I mean Terrence Ross and his parents, those are the only ones really close to his recruitment that I know of. Since the season ended, all the UK recruiting guys have said Jones was the main focus of the staff.
the same UK recruiting guys that said all their sources had Jones as a pure lock to UK? I like Coach Cal, but this whole situation just seems real shady. I don't think we'll ever know the full story, but we can only hope that this ends and gets swept under the rug quickly.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

sidenote: has anyone made a hitler video of this T.Jones thing?

Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
the same UK recruiting guys that said all their sources had Jones as a pure lock to UK? I like Coach Cal, but this whole situation just seems real shady. I don't think we'll ever know the full story, but we can only hope that this ends and gets swept under the rug quickly.
I can't blame you for being PO'd, I would be too.

None of the UK recruiting guys said Jones to UK, a few of them thought that was where he was leaning. Most freely admitted they had no idea and one said it was between UK and UW (which was correct). The only one that called him a lock is more of a beat writer, he is very good at following the team.. Probably the best we've got but is lost in recruiting. He called Teague to UL and Jones to UK lol.

Without knowing the whole story, it's just hard to say. I can't blame UW for being unhappy with it. They do potentially play in Maui this year so that should be entertaining.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't blame you for being PO'd, I would be too.

None of the UK recruiting guys said Jones to UK, a few of them thought that was where he was leaning. Most freely admitted they had no idea and one said it was between UK and UW (which was correct). The only one that called him a lock is more of a beat writer, he is very good at following the team.. Probably the best we've got but is lost in recruiting. He called Teague to UL and Jones to UK lol.

Without knowing the whole story, it's just hard to say. I can't blame UW for being unhappy with it. They do potentially play in Maui this year so that should be entertaining.
At least we are on the same page. I will concede Jones if that means we get Wroten next year. It wouldnt be fair if you got him, teague and Gilchrist.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

college recruiting is more shady then used car salesmen
Old 05-03-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pretty much. About the only big time 'clean' guys are Izzo and Gary Williams... And well, Williams doesn't do a lot of winning anymore. Everyone else is busy working those relationships.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5159882

Gordon has to come bacccccccccccccccccck! Does he honestly not want another shot at Duke, without him I see Duke winning that game by 12-15.
Go Amare.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss sophomore F Murphy Holloway transferred to Clemson to be closer to his family, he was out best big man last season by far. He is shorter that usual at about 6-6 or 6-7 235, but he is insanely strong and can jump through the roof. Great athlete just not as tall as you'd like, a huge loss for Ole Miss nonetheless. If Terrico White doesn't withdraw his name from the draft we are pretty ****** next year, Polynice left too.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote