Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Lavin is the coach at St. John's, not Rutgers.
Haha good snag.. either way though, solid.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 days til Late Night at the Phog.something to take me away from the crap known as KU football
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
2010-2011 College Basketball Pre-Season Power Rankings

Keep in mind this isnít a projected poll, it is how I feel the teams stack up.

1. Duke
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. Kentucky
5. Kansas
6. North Carolina
7. Syracuse
8. Ohio State
9. Purdue
10. Pitt
11. Kansas State
12. Baylor
13. Tennessee
14. Butler
15. Florida
16. Texas
17. Illinois
18. Virginia Tech
19. Memphis
20. Florida State
21. NC State
22. Washington
23. Mississippi State
24. Clemson
25. Seton Hall

A couple teams that just missed the top 25; (Honorable mention)
- West Virginia
- Xavier
- Temple
- Georgia Tech
- Marquette
- UCONN
- UCLA
- BYU
- Gonzaga
- Wisconsin
- TAMU
I would put KSU in thew top 10 personally.Pullen is back plus the majority of their core that made the elite 8 (minus Clemente) but def worth a preseason top 10 IMO
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see that this thread is back up top. Oh yeah....Austin Rivers to Duke!! :)
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Wally Judge just played to at least half of his ability Kstate would be lethal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington is better than the 22nd team in the nation. Lost one starter and one walk-on, and hands down the best backcourt on the west coast is entirely back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2010-2011 College Basketball Pre-Season Power Rankings

Keep in mind this isnít a projected poll, it is how I feel the teams stack up.

1. Duke
2. Michigan State
3. Villanova
4. Kentucky
5. Kansas
6. North Carolina
7. Syracuse
8. Ohio State
9. Purdue
10. Pitt
11. Kansas State
12. Baylor
13. Tennessee
14. Butler
15. Florida
16. Texas
17. Illinois
18. Virginia Tech
19. Memphis
20. Florida State
21. NC State
22. Washington
23. Mississippi State
24. Clemson
25. Seton Hall

A couple teams that just missed the top 25; (Honorable mention)
- West Virginia
- Xavier
- Temple
- Georgia Tech
- Marquette
- UCONN
- UCLA
- BYU
- Gonzaga
- Wisconsin
- TAMU
I love my 'Cats but I think Villanova's a little high there. If everything breaks right they could end up in that range, but I think 10-15 range is a little more reasonable. Seton Hall should be decent too but not sure if they're top 25 good. I keep projecting them to take a step every year, but we'll see what happens.

On the recruiting front Quinn Cook is going to be an interesting one (of course I'm biased because 'Nova's in his top 4). Lots of big schools recruiting him, think he's a Duke lean but he'll be a nice get for whatever school lands him.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love it if we could pull Mike Shaw from Illinois. Excited to see this WV team play, not going to have high expectations but we return some key players one being Kevin Jones. We will surprise some people.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I would put KSU in thew top 10 personally.Pullen is back plus the majority of their core that made the elite 8 (minus Clemente) but def worth a preseason top 10 IMO
Yeah I mean I respect them alot, but I don't see too much depth outside of Kelly, Sutton, Samuels, Judge and the sexy Pullen. However there coach is insane who I am a fan of.
Go Amare.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Pearl busted again for lying at his previous job (UW-Milwaukee). This after being investigated for misleading an NCAA investigation and breaking recruiting rules.

Bahahaha. What goes around comes around you piece of ****.

*He lied to NCAA investigators that we used illegal recruiting tactics to get Deon Thomas in the late 1980's while he was at Iowa as an assistant, which in turn set our program back a long time and forced incumbent coach Jimmy Collins out of town*

I don't get much joy out of people failing, but to see this man go down in flames is just amazing to watch. He's been viewed as this awesome, energetic nice guy by the national media, and now the truth has come out. He's a fake, a cheater and a liar.

**** you Bruce Pearl.

/rant

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetness, do you know anything about Mike Shaw? I want him so bad, he would be a beast in Huggy's system.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Bruce Pearl busted again for lying at his previous job (UW-Milwaukee). This after being investigated for misleading an NCAA investigation and breaking recruiting rules.

*He lied to NCAA investigators that we used illegal recruiting tactics to get Deon Thomas in the late 1980's while he was at Iowa as an assistant, which in turn set our program back a long time and forced incumbent coach Jimmy Collins out of town*

I don't get much joy out of people failing, but to see this man go down in flames is just amazing to watch. He's been viewed as this awesome, energetic nice guy by the national media, and now the truth has come out. He's a fake, a cheater and a liar.

**** you Bruce Pearl.

/rant
I mean I always had a bad feeling about him. He does have some talented players over at UT now but he felt as if he was invincible.
Go Amare.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I mean I respect them alot, but I don't see too much depth outside of Kelly, Sutton, Samuels, Judge and the sexy Pullen. However there coach is insane who I am a fan of.
I thought sutton transferred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Wroten (#1 Player in the nation in my book) chose UW today.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Tony Wroten (#1 Player in the nation in my book) chose UW today.
Not a surprise at all, though I thought Louisville had a pretty legit shot at him. Crazy talented guy, I think #1 in the nation's taking it a bit far though. Rivers and Gilchrist are both damn good and I think Wroten's too inconsistent, plus coming back from that ACL always brings up question marks. He'll be a fun guy to watch, think he's a bit of a diva but I guess when you've been getting attention as long as he has that'll happen more often than not. Wonder if he's a one and done, I'm sure he'd like to be.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

**** you Bruce Pearl.

/rant
So Sweetness, I have questions about how much u hate Bruce Pearl after this post.

Anyway, well he put my school on the map that good I guess. But yeah, eventually too much gets to be too much and u are a cheater. And Bruce Pearl is a cheater. Hate to say it cuz its like me saying something bad about Favre or something, but yeah, its not good and he should prolly lose his job.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Senior Will Graves for the heels has been kicked off the team and will miss the entire season.. he wasn't a star but when we needed a 3 ball we dialed him up. I think it was for marijuana.
Go Amare.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not a surprise at all, though I thought Louisville had a pretty legit shot at him. Crazy talented guy, I think #1 in the nation's taking it a bit far though. Rivers and Gilchrist are both damn good and I think Wroten's too inconsistent, plus coming back from that ACL always brings up question marks. He'll be a fun guy to watch, think he's a bit of a diva but I guess when you've been getting attention as long as he has that'll happen more often than not. Wonder if he's a one and done, I'm sure he'd like to be.
he has scared UW fans for years, as we all know he loves attention. The hometown ties were too much for him to leave but I thought he was going to Louisville until like 3 days before. I am biased since he is at UW, but i really think he is top 5 at least. The ACL was fine for USA's but it could come back. I'm thinking he is gonna be a one and done.

and Isaiah Thomas said Abdul Gaddy was tearin up NBA guys all summer and he'll be a top 10 pick when he declares. And true freshman Terrence Ross has been called the best athlete in UW history, over Nate Robinson. I don't know if I buy that, but he has dunked on more than 1/2 the team in these non practices.

Quote:

Old 10-13-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

2011 recruit Naadir Tharp committed to KU one day after being offered
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
2011 recruit Naadir Tharp committed to KU one day after being offered
Does that take KU out of the running for Cook?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Does that take KU out of the running for Cook?
not sure.I've never felt confident about our chances with Cook TBH
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook is pretty much all Duke with UNC & UCLA trying to make up ground. Quincy Miller is down to Duke, Baylor & Louisville. Should be quite the race for him.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Sweetness, do you know anything about Mike Shaw? I want him so bad, he would be a beast in Huggy's system.
Yea, he's a stud prospect that Illinois is in hot pursuit of. He's listed as a 4, but he's not a traditional 4. He's extremely athletic, good in the open court and can fill it up, but he doesn't have much of a post game. I salivate at how good he'd be in our motion offense. He'd be pretty studly too in Huggy's system.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
So Sweetness, I have questions about how much u hate Bruce Pearl after this post.

Anyway, well he put my school on the map that good I guess. But yeah, eventually too much gets to be too much and u are a cheater. And Bruce Pearl is a cheater. Hate to say it cuz its like me saying something bad about Favre or something, but yeah, its not good and he should prolly lose his job.
What'd you want to ask yoda?

Pearl is just slime from my perspective for what he did to our program. He's a helluva coach as far as getting results, but he along with Calipari, Calhoun, Sampson and Self (oh it's coming just watch) have no business in the college ranks.

He's been nicknamed "Satan" by our fan base, so that should give you an idea of what we think of him.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What'd you want to ask yoda?

Pearl is just slime from my perspective for what he did to our program. He's a helluva coach as far as getting results, but he along with Calipari, Calhoun, Sampson and Self (oh it's coming just watch) have no business in the college ranks.

He's been nicknamed "Satan" by our fan base, so that should give you an idea of what we think of him.
Haha, I was being sarcastic.......I get u really hate the man, and obviously it has gotten justified in recent months.