Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-30-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Faust can ball...I'd be quite surprised if he doesn't go to Maryland. Rumor is that 'Nova got a commitment from 2012 wing Savon Goodman around the same time as Arcidiacono, but since there's only 1 scholarship left they're going to let Faust and Hubert (who could go to Maryland also, though Wake seems very likely) announce first - since they list 'Nova but probably won't come. Hubert would be another nice add for Maryland, he'd fit that up and down game that Faust excels playing and is a hell of a shot blocker. Greg Lewis is down to Maryland and Rutgers too...decent PF, would actually fit well with Hubert since he's more skilled. Could be a big fall for 2011 Maryland commits.
Greg Lewis to Rutgers like I thought. He completes our "Magnificent 7" freshman class of 2011.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it every season the states of North Carolina, Kansas & Kentucky have the biggest slices of the pie & not a lot left over for the rest?

Maybe something in the water table in those 3 states.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Why is it every season the states of North Carolina, Kansas & Kentucky have the biggest slices of the pie & not a lot left over for the rest?

Maybe something in the water table in those 3 states.....
Those schools are more able to recruit nationally, which is a huge difference. Some other schools are able to recruit nationally as well, but at the moment pretty much any kid who gets a call from Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Duke, or some other schools is going to listen. Other major state schools or big private programs can sometimes pull a big time player from the other side of the country but usually have to hope a local stud commits or develop recruits who aren't the same caliber over the course of a few years. Of course quality of program has something to do with it, but the quality of the coach and showing kids they can consistently get players to the NBA is huge also.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derza what do you think of Kadeem Jack? I've seen a lot of different rankings of him from all the scouting services.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean Rivals has him really high, Scout and ESPN still have him as a rock solid 4* but it's kind of tough to rank him right now because he's a postgrad. Right now I think the key with him is he's kind of raw. Not a ton in the way of post moves and he really needs to put on weight, but the athleticism is more than there and his activity level is awesome which is so nice to see from a big. I don't know if you're going to see huge productivity from him early on because the Big East is so tough and physical in the paint, but we'll see. The post grad year was a tremendous decision for him IMO because going up to the NE prep league gives you a year to work on skills and strength with great coaching and go up against good competition. I like that style of big though, because he's going to be able to run the floor and get easy buckets early along while using his length and athleticism on the defensive end. He's a great fit for Rice's system. Not sure how quickly he'll develop, this year should be very telling about how he's going to do early at Rutgers, but I definitely think he's a solid pickup. Tough to rank him because he's a year older than everyone else in 2011 and this is basically his 5th year of HS ball so he should be a lot better than everyone else...I'd definitely follow him this year though because you'll pick up a lot about how helpful this prep year is going to be - if he takes it seriously you're going to get 4 considerably better years than you would've gotten if he was going to be a freshman this year. The best thing about him is he's got skills you can't teach though - motor is so huge. Because he's raw it's tough to tell right now, but he could definitely be really good.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Myck Kabongo has decommitted from Texas & is now considering Duke, UNC, UK, Texas & Syracuse. This should be quite interesting.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Myck Kabongo has decommitted from Texas & is now considering Duke, UNC, UK, Texas & Syracuse. This should be quite interesting.
I read somewhere he just wants to be sure but Texas is still the favorite. I think UNC could be a realistic option depending on how Marshall turns out, they could kind of use a PG. Syracuse would make a lot of sense as well, he'd be a good fit there and could have a need at PG for his class as well. I'd be surprised if he goes to UK with Teague already in the class and Duke doesn't make a ton of sense to me either unless Quinn Cook surprises me and commits to UCLA, and even so you've got Rivers and potentially Irving in that backcourt.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon's new court is ridiculous

Old 11-07-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot stand all of Oregon's stupid ****** gimmicks.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they are the worst team in the pac 10, so it makes it even worse. looks like someone threw up on their court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Looks like a Villanova player may be in trouble...wonder when it gets reported and how big a deal this ends up being.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buckeyes may have a real PG in Aaron Craft. Sullinger apparently looked good today as well.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read somewhere he just wants to be sure but Texas is still the favorite. I think UNC could be a realistic option depending on how Marshall turns out, they could kind of use a PG.

I doubt he gets any burn anyway if he does come to UNC. Not even sure who the guy is tbh, anyway PG is pretty much set for the next couple years derza.. LD3 is in his last year and will probably start for us while Strick isn't a true point but on the fastbreak he is lethal and next to Ty he gets up the court faster than anybody I have seen for us. Kendall Marshall will be a 15 and 9 guy probably in his sophmore year, bank on it.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I encourage you all to watch West Virginia vs. Oakland University on ESPN3.com on Friday.

Keith Benson is gonna dominate on the big stage again.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I doubt he gets any burn anyway if he does come to UNC. Not even sure who the guy is tbh, anyway PG is pretty much set for the next couple years derza.. LD3 is in his last year and will probably start for us while Strick isn't a true point but on the fastbreak he is lethal and next to Ty he gets up the court faster than anybody I have seen for us. Kendall Marshall will be a 15 and 9 guy probably in his sophmore year, bank on it.
He already re-committed to Texas so that doesn't really matter, but Kabongo would play at PG over either of those guys IMO. Strickland as you said isn't a true point so regardless of how fast he is and good on the fast break he'll always be stuck as a tweener...and Marshall I think you severely overrate. We'll see how things go, but I don't think he's as good as his billing. And I will be absolutely shocked if he averages 9 APG, especially at the college level. That's a really high number.

Also, if UNC is so set at PG why is Roy consistently making efforts to go after a new point? He kept trying to get Cook and Kabongo was considering them so I'd imagine he had an offer...don't think your PG situation is as stable as you think.

Last edited by derza222 : 11-07-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He already re-committed to Texas so that doesn't really matter, but Kabongo would play at PG over either of those guys IMO. Strickland as you said isn't a true point so regardless of how fast he is and good on the fast break he'll always be stuck as a tweener...and Marshall I think you severely overrate. We'll see how things go, but I don't think he's as good as his billing. And I will be absolutely shocked if he averages 9 APG, especially at the college level. That's a really high number.

Also, if UNC is so set at PG why is Roy consistently making efforts to go after a new point? He kept trying to get Cook and Kabongo was considering them so I'd imagine he had an offer...don't think your PG situation is as stable as you think.
Damn he re-commited and decommited in the same day? Anyway, I just watched a pretty good amount of his highlights for the first time and for sure he looks good. What I am trying to say is we have plenty of depth at PG right now even if Strick isn't a true PG, he is serviceable. He blends well in our up-tempo offense, but what don't you like about Marshall? 9 is pretty high but I just haven't seen a true pass first guy like him come through here in awile. 7 is more likely.

We are trying to get as much depth as possible at every position like any other coach, we don't want something like the disaster of the Wear twins leaving and having to make moves fast. Kendall will probably/hopefully be starting at PG for us next year.
Go Amare.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Damn he re-commited and decommited in the same day? Anyway, I just watched a pretty good amount of his highlights for the first time and for sure he looks good. What I am trying to say is we have plenty of depth at PG right now even if Strick isn't a true PG, he is serviceable. He blends well in our up-tempo offense, but what don't you like about Marshall? 9 is pretty high but I just haven't seen a true pass first guy like him come through here in awile. 7 is more likely.

We are trying to get as much depth as possible at every position like any other coach, we don't want something like the disaster of the Wear twins leaving and having to make moves fast. Kendall will probably/hopefully be starting at PG for us next year.
Nah there was a couple of days difference...regardless, it's tough to bank on an athletic combo guard and an unproven freshman to handle your PG situation for the next few years too. Like I said, there's a reason Roy is still recruiting points. And I'm not sure your realize how obscenely high 9 APG is for a college PG, 7 is really unlikely as well. John Wall led the nation in APG last year with 6.4. My cousin goes to UNC so he's got a better feel for it than I do, but I wouldn't think they're set right now. Plus worst case with a PG is you play two on the floor at once.

Marshall I think is going to struggle adjusting to the speed of the college game. Could be wrong, sometimes guys like that are just good, but from what I've read of people who have seen him live he may be a bit overrated. Plus playing PG at the college level as a freshman is tough, especially in a major conference like the SEC. For a good but not great player and not an outstanding athlete, the transition could be rough. At least PT is his for the taking though.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, it was just an exhibition vs. Illinois-Springfield, but Iowa scored 111 points tonight. I don't think we scored 111 points total all of last season. And we were without our best player.

We may only win 10 or 12 games this year, but at least it will be fun to watch. Thank god for Franball.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

signing day is wednesday. how awesome is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Pretty awesome. Cody Zeller will be announcing this week where he will be playing.
Go Amare.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/08/v...ving-pinkston/

Looks like this Pinkston incident could be pretty severe, apparently if it's as bad as rumored it'll lead to a lengthy suspension and perhaps Pinkston being dismissed from the team. Tough because he had a ton of potential as a 3/4 tweener, also tough because the only other incoming freshman, James Bell, is out for awhile (possibly the season) with stress fractures in both his legs. This should, for some time, cut 'Nova down to 8 scholarship players - leaving the team pretty thin. I guess we're awaiting official news or any kind of statement, but it doesn't look good.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure missed college hoops!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
more awesome if Ben McLemore chooses KU like I think he will
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

peshon howard is the truth. that is all. if you dont know...now you know.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best time of the year. I cannot explain how much I love college basketball (not just UK).

Rankings seem a lot like last year. Consensus #1 and a #2 people are fairly confident with... The rest just kind of randomly fall in line.

Really gets aggravating the way the NCAA drags their feet getting kids eligible, it cannot possibly take this long.

I think the Selby situation is just as ridiculous (if not more so) than Kanter. They aren't going to dig up any new information, either they're eligible or they're not.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote