Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah.... Michigan State is definitely overrated at the moment.

With that said, they'll probably still make the Final Four haha.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really excited for the 'Nova game tonight, want to see how they come out and play against an opponent that's on their level athletically. Typically the early schedule is so bad that the first real opponents beat up on Villanova, I'm hoping that doesn't happen this week.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....UK is def not a threat at the quest of a possible repeat. Young squad but not ready to take the crown. Now Nova is quite talented so we may be seeing you guys down the road Derza.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UConn! Another great upset win. Kemba Walker is really blossoming into a star. With his speed and athleticism he has to be rising up draft boards. He's also a very good free throw shooter and will get to the line a ton they way he drives to the basket.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calipari loses. Miami loses. Bulls win. Twas a good night.

But the Hawks lost. :(

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Well....UK is def not a threat at the quest of a possible repeat. Young squad but not ready to take the crown. Now Nova is quite talented so we may be seeing you guys down the road Derza.
Maybe...I think a lot hinges on the growth of the big guys over the course of the season and the ability to knock down the 3 which has been a weakness so far. Defense has to continue to be solid as well, and hopefully not fouling a ton like last year will continue. I'm excited about this 'Nova team though, a ton of potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
UConn! Another great upset win. Kemba Walker is really blossoming into a star. With his speed and athleticism he has to be rising up draft boards. He's also a very good free throw shooter and will get to the line a ton they way he drives to the basket.
Always nice to see strength in the Big East preseason in places that we didn't necessarily expect it! Should be seeing them jump into the top 25 soon, hope they keep it up. Walker is really, really good. If he keeps this going in BE play we could see him run away with POTY honors, things are really wide open right now and he's been terrific.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Always nice to see strength in the Big East preseason in places that we didn't necessarily expect it! Should be seeing them jump into the top 25 soon, hope they keep it up. Walker is really, really good. If he keeps this going in BE play we could see him run away with POTY honors, things are really wide open right now and he's been terrific.
I'm sure he'll slow down at some point, but even if he's two-thirds as good as what he's doing now he'll be pretty awesome.

I personally think we're going to have some struggles this season since UConn is insanely young, but we've got a lot of energy and some interesting players. Alex Oriakhi has really improved too. He's kind of reminds me of a taller version of Jeff Adrien.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
It's only up from here for UK. They obviously have all the talent and athletes you need. Only Terrence Jones can stop Terrence Jones. Problem is they have one of the worst team defenses I've ever seen. It looks like they've never even practiced together. They can't even defend basic ball screens and they're lacking an interior defensive presence.

I REALLY liked what I saw from Oriakhi. He doesn't have much of an offensive game but he's very physical, tough and instinctive in the key. He touches almost every rebound on both ends and is great at putbacks. He could be our DeJuan Blair this year.

Napier is crafty and a good finisher. I never even heard of this Giffey kid but he's solid and Jay Bilas was praising him all game. Lamb, Smith and Olander all have potential. It's too bad Donnell Beverley still sucks because we could use a good veteran combo guard off the bench. Walker is getting burnt out.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one else watching Tennessee and Villanova?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cal basketball team seriously score only 5 points in the first half against Notre Dame. Wow
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
No one else watching Tennessee and Villanova?
Not as much watching as it is fapping to Tobias Harris.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes it's only vs. SIU-Edwardsville, but Iowa up 53-20 at half.

Final Four here we come!!!!!

fap fap fap fap fap

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Really excited for the 'Nova game tonight, want to see how they come out and play against an opponent that's on their level athletically. Typically the early schedule is so bad that the first real opponents beat up on Villanova, I'm hoping that doesn't happen this week.
...At least I know my team. I guess of all the games to miss this year, that wasn't a bad one. It's a long season...definitely gives the coaching staff a lot of teaching points for practice before the Big East season begins.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Siddique
Rookie

Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique Siddique

I'm not intimately familiar with this, as I have never played college basketball.
However, I believe that the time/travel/practice requirement will vary from university to university.
For example, at a top-flight college basketball program, there may be more practice requirements and also more travel requirements for tourneys and so forth.
Also, certain school may place more of a priority on academics for their athletes than other schools. Different school will have different policies on tutoring and missed classes. But all schools are going to recognize that some student athletes may miss class from time to time due to athletic commitments. The univeristy recognizes this, they know what an asset athletics can be to a school, and they will be happy to accomodate you. The accomodation can take the form of tutors, giving you your assignments before-hand, or make up exams/classes. Just be sure to address any missed classes/assignments with the professor. Don't just ignore the class and hope for the best.
All in all, (assuming you are hard-working and relatively intelligent), you should have no problem playing basketball and thriving academically. Just make sure to discuss this potential issue with the head coach and school administrators before committing to the school. Find out about their policies on student athletes, and do not be afraid to ask questions. Then be prepared to work hard, take classes you enjoy, and you will do great.

Last edited by Siddique : 12-01-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the the **** are these posts about?!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KU survives scare from AZ
Old 11-28-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
IDK man. This guy posted on another forum I go to and the posts were equally as weird and random. There was a thread about "favorite movie moments" and he posts about a scene from Miss Congeniality.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's a bot.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching this Wisconsin-Notre Dame game is almost unbearable.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Watching this Wisconsin-Notre Dame game is almost unbearable.

Wisky just can't score this year. The defense/discipline/coaching thing only goes so far.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Savon Goodman, a pretty good 2012 forward prospect, will be announcing tomorrow. Most feel it will be for Villanova, though some people who I read think Kentucky has a legit shot. He's one of my favorites in that class, so I hope he ends up coming here. Always good to keep the high level Philly talent close to home.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gophers playing just awful right now.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, absolutely dreadful. Hopefully a wake-up call.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, absolutely dreadful. Hopefully a wake-up call.
Let's just hope Nolen heals up quick, as Joseph looked awful handling the point tonight and I really have no hope for Mav. Also, how do you allow an opposing team to shoot 77% from 3? Damn

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Savon Goodman, thrilled about his commitment. Just a super athlete and a great kid, team leader and captain at a high school that has 2 senior big guys in Rakeem Christmas and Malcolm Gilbert who will be playing in the Big East next year. Perimeter game away from being an absolute superstar, and I think Jay Wright can definitely help him with that.