Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me this isn't ********. He blows his whistle to call the timeout and instead calls five seconds. He clearly did not count five full seconds. That is ******* crap.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VCU is the epitome of a well-coached team. love watching them play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This kid Joey Rodriguez is so good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Tell me this isn't ********. He blows his whistle to call the timeout and instead calls five seconds. He clearly did not count five full seconds. That is ******* crap.

You cannot call a timeout after 4 seconds.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooo proud of my VCU Rams!! Gonna be one hell of a party tonight in Richmond!!

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richmond and VCU now both in the Sweet 16 and I'm somehow becoming a fan of Richmond, VA teams.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VCU beats USC, blows out G'town and Purdue, damn it's not like they are lucking their way to favorable matchups like Richmond did with Morehead. Obviously every year is different but this VCU team has every component my Mason final 4 team had. Skeen is just as good as Jai Lewis. Reddic and Haley play that Will Thomas role. Brandenburg is like Butler, Rozell like Folarin, and Joey Rodriguez is even better than Tony Skinn. This VCU team also surprisingly has a ton of long and athletic bench bodies if guys get in foul trouble. Julian Vaughn and Liubick are two bull strong big east bigs and VCU pushed them around. When they are hitting like this on all levels they are tough. IMO they match up well with Notre Dame with how quickly they scramble and guard the periemter. If they play FSU everything is out the window and it's anyone's game. Jamie Skeen is really developing into a draftable prospect. Reminds me a ton of Udonis Haslem.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bandwagoners picking VCU to win the title in 5 seconds.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus Johnson alert.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-20-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking like we're going to be in for a great finish in this Marquette-Cuse game.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Gus Johnson alert.
Seriously. I love watching these games, and he's just making it so much better.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus Johnson wins games.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I doing so well and then these last three games just hit me in the gut. 3 Sweet 16 teams and 2 Elite 8 teams lost these past three games.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

My bracket has been busted for the most part but ************ this is so much more exciting

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** are these refs doing? You can't call backcourt violation on an inbounds pass. How can all of those refs not know that?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and there goes my perfect region...(in my other 2 brackets, not the one on here, which I picked Washington to beat UNC in)

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Dude everyone had Marquette over Cuse in their bracket. It was so obvious...
Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Dude everyone had Marquette over Cuse in their bracket. It was so obvious...
To someone who actually watches college basketball, it wasn't obvious. People only picked Marquette for the sake of picking an upset.

Syracuse plays a zone defense, which forces teams to shoot from the perimeter, rather than take it inside. Marquette was a terrible outside shooting team in the regular season, but in this game they decided to actually make their shots. Syracuse not having a true PG hurt too.

That backcourt violation call was one of the worst calls made. Syracuse should have argued that call. I can't believe they didn't check the replay.

Last edited by Docta : 03-20-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
To someone who actually watches college basketball, it wasn't obvious. People only picked Marquette for the sake of picking an upset.

Syracuse plays a zone defense, which forces teams to shoot from the perimeter, rather than take it inside. Marquette was a terrible outside shooting team in the regular season, but in this game they decided to actually make their shots. Syracuse not having a true PG hurt too.
I was completely joking. I don't think ANYONE had Marquette moving on.

Picking a 64-team tournament is ridiculously difficult so I think it's hysterical when people expect to do well.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually had Marquette over Xavier and I thought they were going to the wire with Cuse but didn't have the cojones to make the pick. Marquette beat Cuse in Big East play in the regular season so it shouldn't be a huge surprise. Also, Marquette played teams like UConn and Notre Dame all year, won a few, lost a bunch that were really close.

When DJO let loose that 3 with about 40 seconds left and a tie game I thought Horrible Shot!!! then it went in and I yelled Great Shot!!! was an exciting, exciting game.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

This FSU team plays so hard. I like them.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason odds on Richmond playing VCU in the elite 8? 100,000 to 1? VCU has to beat Notre Dame (maybe FSU) and Richmond has to beat Kansas so those odds might not be that different. It would be awesome if it happened though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote, from an ESPN sportscaster, on VCU getting into the tournament: "The selection committee screwed this up so bad, I don't think they know a basketball is round"

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Notre Dame is a better matchup for VCU than FSU. FSU might be too strong and long for them. Plus they just shut down 2 of the top 10 duo's in the nation in Chris Wright/Austin Freeman and Etwan Moore/Juwan Johnson, they match favorably with Hansborough/Abromitis.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Quote, from an ESPN sportscaster, on VCU getting into the tournament: "The selection committee screwed this up so bad, I don't think they know a basketball is round"
The fact is Jay Bilas is an idiot. You can argue VCU didn't deserve to be in but he I am sure hasn't seen a single game from them all year and just talked out of his ass because an ACC team was shut out of the tourny. Worst of all now he is taking credit for lighting a flame under VCU. Then he goes on to show more ignorance by being sarcastic about how Drexel and JMU must be great teams since they beat VCU. I'm sure he doesn't know that JMU and Drexel are not srub teams and actually beat teams like Louisville and Princeton this year. I called it before the tourny that the CAA is extremely strong and deserved a 3rd bid either VCU or Drexel.